• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Either way I think people will leave before July. Makes no sense how some have a date of Jan, then the rest are 6 months later. I think someone on here said their CO was given a date around March and it said fy24 by them.
They will try and get those on AD out in a reasonable time, but those that are not AD could be waiting for a long while as they have picked enough people that they are about 1/3 into FY 24 billets

BB Poison

Contributor
Either way I think people will leave before July. Makes no sense how some have a date of Jan, then the rest are 6 months later. I think someone on here said their CO was given a date around March and it said fy24 by them.
Maybe, can’t say for sure what the Navy will do. I’m with you man, I don’t want to wait until July of next year or even later to go to OCS, but we wouldn’t be the first with all the folks selected on last year’s boards still waiting to go. We definitely won’t be the last with the rate they keep selecting pilots.

vbts13

Maybe, can’t say for sure what the Navy will do. I’m with you man, I don’t want to wait until July of next year or even later to go to OCS, but we wouldn’t be the first with all the folks selected on last year’s boards still waiting to go. We definitely won’t be the last with the rate they keep selecting pilots.
One day at a time, at least I have filling out selection paperwork on monday to look forward too

vbts13

Did y'all get this via mail or something? I was basically told that they're not going to do anything until December, a month before my OCS date.
Naa when my recruiter called me to tell me I was pro rec y he said I had to come in and do some paperwork, that was about the extent of the information he gave me lol

space_sailor

Naa when my recruiter called me to tell me I was pro rec y he said I had to come in and do some paperwork, that was about the extent of the information he gave me lol
mine sent me the docs i had to fill out.
Stuff like doing a self guided PFT and making sure I didn't join any gangs or had any serious medical changes since filling out my application for the May board

BB Poison

Contributor
Did y'all get this via mail or something? I was basically told that they're not going to do anything until December, a month before my OCS date.
mine sent me the docs i had to fill out.
Stuff like doing a self guided PFT and making sure I didn't join any gangs or had any serious medical changes since filling out my application for the May board
I was told to expect some paperwork in that vein and that I would be doing the officer form of DEP, so like self report PFTs with an in-person PFT every 3 months, monthly zoom calls with info to prep for OCS, etc. I have yet to receive anything and was told not to expect anything until next month though.

krae3443

I was told to expect some paperwork in that vein and that I would be doing the officer form of DEP, so like self report PFTs with an in-person PFT every 3 months, monthly zoom calls with info to prep for OCS, etc. I have yet to receive anything and was told not to expect anything until next month though.
The great majority of paper work for a civilian appears when you get your final select which is about a month before your ocs date. That’s when you’ll swear in and sign about 40 ish pages of paper work. Now you can get a final select early I’m leaving in August and my final select appeared first week of June and I’ve only heard of one other civilian in my class who also received theirs that early. Up until that I did the monthly recertification form. But when you do get your final select pay close attention to reviewing it cause they accidentally had a few typos when transferring my information over onto the forms.

Also be careful y’all and don’t get shin splints lol cause I totally did my PRT with them today and luckily it went well but wasn’t a pleasant time. So just take care of yourself and don’t overdo it.

Scwilly

23 May 2022 SNA/NFO Board
The great majority of paper work for a civilian appears when you get your final select which is about a month before your ocs date. That’s when you’ll swear in and sign about 40 ish pages of paper work. Now you can get a final select early I’m leaving in August and my final select appeared first week of June and I’ve only heard of one other civilian in my class who also received theirs that early. Up until that I did the monthly recertification form. But when you do get your final select pay close attention to reviewing it cause they accidentally had a few typos when transferring my information over onto the forms.

Also be careful y’all and don’t get shin splints lol cause I totally did my PRT with them today and luckily it went well but wasn’t a pleasant time. So just take care of yourself and don’t overdo it.
Yes! Stretching and rolling out after workouts is crucial. Especially for shin splints. Rolling out your calves sucks but it’s probably the best thing to do for shin splints. I did that in college and I didn’t have any shin splints my senior year.

krae3443

Yes! Stretching and rolling out after workouts is crucial. Especially for shin splints. Rolling out your calves sucks but it’s probably the best thing to do for shin splints. I did that in college and I didn’t have any shin splints my senior year.
Yeah never in my life had I had them till I got them for the first time recently it’s definitely not a fun time. Haha funny how you can be running for awhile and then suddenly of course get them right around when you truly need to run your best. But highly recommend everyone take care of yourself and also properly rest when you do have set backs like shin splints.

FloridaDad

The further over the age limit the more remote it becomes, it has only been in the past few years they allowed it, several years ago when they had an abundance of candidates the rule was hard and fast on age, so much so that if a person was in OCS and had medical hold or was rolled for another reason which would put them over the age limit they would have to redesignate or go home.

It is also important to remember that while NRC "approves" the waiver that is just to be seen at the board, the board itself can still look at the age and say "no".
So my recruiter said I didn't need to worry about getting an age waiver for the October board since I don't turn 32 until next May, but that's cutting it way too close for comfort. Are you able to apply for a waiver when you're still 31? Will they decide not to select you if you don't have an age waiver because they can't get you to OCS quickly enough? How does someone that's 31 handle this? I assumed I'd just "preemptively" apply for one so that my May birthdate wouldn't prevent me from being selected, but I'm getting some feedback that it doesn't really work that way since I'm not 32 yet.