• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I do not. I’m AD and from what I’ve gathered this is the “better option” for enlisted and doesn’t take away from the other selection boards?
My opinion is it is the better option for AD since instead of being compared against others at the board is more like "do you meet the PA".

It is my guess that those who enter through this program will be tracked and compared against those that go through the normal board selection and that will be a factor as to if this PA continues or not, @FormerRecruitingGuru probably can give better thoughts.

bryanque89

My opinion is it is the better option for AD since instead of being compared against others at the board is more like "do you meet the PA".

It is my guess that those who enter through this program will be tracked and compared against those that go through the normal board selection and that will be a factor as to if this PA continues or not, @FormerRecruitingGuru probably can give better thoughts.
Sick. Definitely wish they had this program a couple of years back.

Paski88

What's good, good people. Hopefully, someone can provide some guidance on what to do in my current situation.

Basically, I have been trying to get in contact with my local officer recruiter since November now with ZERO progress. I had an enlisted sailor provide a healthy means of contact, in the beginning, he passed me off to the officer via email in Dec.

I've reached out to my supposed officer recruiter multiple times from Dec. through last week and have heard from him once. When I did hear from him finally, it was to pass me off to another recruiter who was supposed to help me schedule the ASTB. I've emailed this new guy three times from Jan. 1 to now and have not heard from him once.

Basically, I haven't heard from either recruiter all month, no comms with either since Jan 5. I am doing as much as I can on my end to gently reach out to them about scheduling every couple of weeks, but not even an update from anyone in the Navy. It looks as though I am not going to have enough time to complete the rest of my pack by April.

Should I be worried? I am all for patiently waiting and working along with the recruiter's schedule, but this seems egregious. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I am over a month behind schedule now, I feel like it is a problem with this specific recruiting office. Is there any chance I could start working with another office in another state? Any advice to remedy this with the local recruiting pipeline would be much appreciated.

Hope someone out there with a better wrangle on the recruiting process can give me some insight into my team's lack of progress. I wish there was more I could do to help them out or make their job run more smoothly but it's hard to tell with a near-complete lack of communication for over a month. Please don't make me have to reach out to the carrier-less recruiter next door :confused: (jk).

Thanks a lot guys and gals for the help!

-P

exNavyOffRec

What's good, good people. Hopefully, someone can provide some guidance on what to do in my current situation.

Basically, I have been trying to get in contact with my local officer recruiter since November now with ZERO progress. I had an enlisted sailor provide a healthy means of contact, in the beginning, he passed me off to the officer via email in Dec.

I've reached out to my supposed officer recruiter multiple times from Dec. through last week and have heard from him once. When I did hear from him finally, it was to pass me off to another recruiter who was supposed to help me schedule the ASTB. I've emailed this new guy three times from Jan. 1 to now and have not heard from him once.

Basically, I haven't heard from either recruiter all month, no comms with either since Jan 5. I am doing as much as I can on my end to gently reach out to them about scheduling every couple of weeks, but not even an update from anyone in the Navy. It looks as though I am not going to have enough time to complete the rest of my pack by April.

Should I be worried? I am all for patiently waiting and working along with the recruiter's schedule, but this seems egregious. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I am over a month behind schedule now, I feel like it is a problem with this specific recruiting office. Is there any chance I could start working with another office in another state? Any advice to remedy this with the local recruiting pipeline would be much appreciated.

Hope someone out there with a better wrangle on the recruiting process can give me some insight into my team's lack of progress. I wish there was more I could do to help them out or make their job run more smoothly but it's hard to tell with a near-complete lack of communication for over a month. Please don't make me have to reach out to the carrier-less recruiter next door :confused: (jk).

-P
There are a few options as to what is going on.

1. He left
2. You are not a priority due to him having applicants that are going to board sooner for other designators.
3. He has been told there is no May board even though there is no official notification so he will contact you when he wants.
4. His command has told him not to work with or submit anyone for SNA or SNFO so he will contact you when he wants.

Either way he should have at least made contact so you know what is going on.

The2ndworst

-P
Hello, I went through a similar issue myself. I ended up contacting some local enlisted recruiters to help get me in contact with a different officer recruiter. After a week I was able to find a different naval recruiter about 4 hours away, but same state, and went to him. The new recruiter responded same day and I was able to start my process.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Quick question for you guys: have any of you practiced for stick/throttle portion on the ASTB by using a flight sim or something similar if you don't own one?

I've gotten a variety of tips from other people, but the most common I've seen is inverting the aiming controls on Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. Battlefield has jets in-game, so that would probably be the closest you can get to a flight sim.

Also, I'm a supplemental snow plow driver as part of my job, and the plow blade controls are similar to the stick used during the test. If I'm being honest, I've definitely pretended I was in a Hornet while driving the plow, more times than I'd like to admit

Dboom85

Banned
Quick question for you guys: have any of you practiced for stick/throttle portion on the ASTB by using a flight sim or something similar if you don't own one?

I've gotten a variety of tips from other people, but the most common I've seen is inverting the aiming controls on Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. Battlefield has jets in-game, so that would probably be the closest you can get to a flight sim.

Also, I'm a supplemental snow plow driver as part of my job, and the plow blade controls are similar to the stick used during the test. If I'm being honest, I've definitely pretended I was in a Hornet while driving the plow, more times than I'd like to admit
Honestly just go get a discovery flight from a flight school, that’ll be the best.

Edit: my reasoning is that you’ll make the connection with your hand to what you feel in the seat to your vestibular (inner ear, the semi circular things that tell your brain that your accelerating in different directions)

FloridaDad

Use this https://jantzenx.github.io/ASTB/

And get a cheap joystick and set it up to work with this https://joytokey.net/en/

Also 99% of modern games default to inverted controls so be careful you don't change the controls to "regular" by mistake.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Honestly just go get a discovery flight from a flight school, that’ll be the best.

Edit: my reasoning is that you’ll make the connection with your hand to what you feel in the seat to your vestibular (inner ear, the semi circular things that tell your brain that your accelerating in different directions)
That honestly sounds cool enough to do my on own even without applying for SNA

Use this https://jantzenx.github.io/ASTB/

And get a cheap joystick and set it up to work with this https://joytokey.net/en/

Also 99% of modern games default to inverted controls so be careful you don't change the controls to "regular" by mistake.
Man I must have missed something in the last 10 years if games suddenly switched from regular controls to all inverted controls like that haha

Thanks for the replies y’all! My second ASTB is scheduled for next Friday, so I appreciate the help

smpl_dude

That honestly sounds cool enough to do my on own even without applying for SNA

Man I must have missed something in the last 10 years if games suddenly switched from regular controls to all inverted controls like that haha

Thanks for the replies y’all! My second ASTB is scheduled for next Friday, so I appreciate the help
Definitely recommend the discovery flight if you have a spare 100 bucks or so. One of the coolest/best hours of my life. Not sure it'll help on your ASTB but if you love aviation/flight there's literally no reason not to other than money.....
As far as the stick and throttle stuff, I'd second what FloridaDad said. The jantzen sim is the closest thing to the actual test you're gonna get. I also played around in microsoft flight sim for a while too. I think you can get one of the older ones for pretty cheap. The newer one is fancy and has nice graphics tho. Other games may help??? Idk. I play a ton of dark souls, but I don't really think that helps too much.

davidc1220

I'm thinking of taking my FAA written exam and getting some more hours in. Does that exam help me in any way or should I wait to take it?