• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

vbts13

If you have 20/20, then you're good. I had baaaaad vision without contacts or glasses. So I was at a 20/100 or worse! You're gonna be fine as long as you don't spend a whole year staring at screens or books all day

Hahaha unfortunately as a software engineer I have no choice but to stare at screens all day for the time being :/ But, I make sure to take 30-40 minute breaks and walk outside to try and focus on things far away... Just need to maintain this 20/20 as long as possible

FloridaDad

I have 20/20 but my paranoid ass is deathly afraid if I'm selected, by the time I got to NAMI it will have regressed... maybe it's an irrational fear idk lol
If you have 20/20 now you're good. If it regressed THAT fast it would basically only be possible if it was some horrible eye disease (which I doubt you have haha).

vbts13

If you have 20/20 now you're good. If it regressed THAT fast it would basically only be possible if it was some horrible eye disease (which I doubt you have haha).

haha cool cool I appreciate y'alls reassurance... feels like while we're all in limbo all there is to do is worry about what could go wrong ?

FloridaDad

Hahaha unfortunately as a software engineer I have no choice but to stare at screens all day for the time being :/ But, I make sure to take 30-40 minute breaks and walk outside to try and focus on things far away... Just need to maintain this 20/20 as long as possible
That won't have QUITE the effect people make it out to have. Screens make your vision blurry because your eyes get tired, but 30 or so minutes afterwards your eyes and vision are back to normal.

FloridaDad

haha cool cool I appreciate y'alls reassurance... feels like while we're all in limbo all there is to do is worry about what could go wrong ?
Oh my gosh man I get that! I find myself constantly thinking about every little thing. I'm probably going to go to a chiropractor just to get my spine checked and make sure there isn't anything out of alignment that could be fixed ahead of time.

FloridaDad

On the bright side... regardless of if the board happens in May or August, we'll likely be the last board before they're flooded with Top Gun 2 inspired folks haha
Oh please God let's hope so! This is totally anecdotal but I've heard a number of people talk about how applications for SNA spiked massively immediately following the first movie.

WorldWar33.3

You know some of us spent two years in zoom university
Ha! I almost forgot about zoom university. Hopefully y'all get at least some sunlight. Go to that party, talk to that hottie outside of zoom, or throw that football. Just don't get the 'rona... It's not fun.

FloridaDad

Ha! I almost forgot about zoom university. Hopefully y'all get at least some sunlight. Go to that party, talk to that hottie outside of zoom, or throw that football. Just don't get the 'rona... It's not fun.
I was a music major. I can't imagine finishing that degree during COVID especially since I was a vocalist. I have a few friend that are still finishing their degrees and it's just awful for them.

WorldWar33.3

I was a music major. I can't imagine finishing that degree during COVID especially since I was a vocalist. I have a few friend that are still finishing their degrees and it's just awful for them.
Music lessons on zoom can be hit or miss. I've been taking drum lessons on zoom since the pandy first started. My teacher's sound equipment started off being useless, but then he got high quality mics and a new computer, and it sounds great!

exNavyOffRec

That won't have QUITE the effect people make it out to have. Screens make your vision blurry because your eyes get tired, but 30 or so minutes afterwards your eyes and vision are back to normal.
My ophthalmologist has seen a significant increase in people needing reading glasses with most of them being people who went from large screens in the office to working off of a 15" or so laptop screen. I had no change for years, then Dec 2020 and Dec 2021 saw deterioration, and it used to be I could get an appointment within a week, now they are a month out. The eye strain can cause issues.