• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

smpl_dude

I hope you're feeling better! We have SOMEHOW managed to not catch it these last 2 years. My parents caught it twice, my sister caught it twice, my other sister and brother caught it once, and my sister in law (who lives with us) caught it. I don't know how we've stayed healthy.
Yeah, I managed to avoid it for two years, which I figure is pretty decent. Knocked me out for like a week. Doing good now though.

FloridaDad

Yeah, I managed to avoid it for two years, which I figure is pretty decent. Knocked me out for like a week. Doing good now though.
Glad to hear it! A couple of my family/friends never really fully recovered from it. They've been dealing with health issues ever since.

smpl_dude

Glad to hear it! A couple of my family/friends never really fully recovered from it. They've been dealing with health issues ever since.
Oof. That's terrible. I was really worried I'd have lasting symptoms, but I seem to be back up to speed. My run times are pretty much the same now as they were before I got it. Hope they manage to make a full recovery eventually!

FloridaDad

Oof. That's terrible. I was really worried I'd have lasting symptoms, but I seem to be back up to speed. My run times are pretty much the same now as they were before I got it. Hope they manage to make a full recovery eventually!
I got sick after my first attempt and then took off the holiday break from working out and that was a major mistake haha. I lost nearly 2 minutes on my mile time and I'm just starting to claw it back.

Dboom85

Banned
At the processing station about to submit. I got a lot of letters of rec thinking I’d be able to pick and choose when I got to the point. Didn’t realize they don’t let you do that so now I’m submitting with a lot and will probably look bad.

FloridaDad

At the processing station about to submit. I got a lot of letters of rec thinking I’d be able to pick and choose when I got to the point. Didn’t realize they don’t let you do that so now I’m submitting with a lot and will probably look bad.
Care to elaborate a bit? I've been confused how the LORs work and my recruiter hasn't gotten back to me on how they do. I was given an "employer recommendation" form to send but I feel like that's a pretty weak recommendation when I just part time as a stage hand currently and have retired officers and government officials that are willing to write one for me. I asked my recruiter if it that was the same as the LORs and he wasn't sure. (He just took over as the OR this month so it's understandable he's catching up on things).

Maze_soba

Just curious: how much of this application have you guys done in person? I haven't actually met my officer recruiter yet and have no idea what she looks like which feels kind of weird, and everything was done via phone and email. The only physical stuff I've done is take the ASTB at a local NRD which was administered by a civilian, and gone to MEPS which is... MEPS.

FloridaDad

Just curious: how much of this application have you guys done in person? I haven't actually met my officer recruiter yet and have no idea what she looks like which feels kind of weird, and everything was done via phone and email. The only physical stuff I've done is take the ASTB at a local NRD which was administered by a civilian, and gone to MEPS which is... MEPS.
I've met my ORs in person twice. Once to initially meet and discuss my plans, and a second time nearly 4 months later to take the ASTB and meet my new OR. He then sent me a bunch of stuff to do remotely and send in to him. I live about an hour away so that's fine with me. I keep in touch via phone/email.

exNavyOffRec

doubtful they will look at any of them unless you have a waiver issue that would cause them to dig deeper.

FloridaDad

yep, most employers will only verify employment and not fill out any other info, they want to avoid any potential legal issues.
So should I really have an employer do it (especially since I just work on call as a stage hand) or should I have the LORs I've lined up do it instead?

Edit: I should note that one of my LORs is from my former employer for whom I oversaw an entire region with 25 staff and 130+ students.

bcal

What's up May board. How many LORs are you all submitting in your package?
For reference, I submitted 3 In the Nov Board. Two were letterhead LORs and the third LOR just consisted of the “Request for Reference” form.

Fib

I am submitting five. Work one, one from a former blue angel, both soccer coaches, high school and collegiate, and one of my professors.