• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20JUN2022 INTEL Board

exNavyOffRec

I will say that it seems that the selection process is a “crapshoot”, but it’s hard to convey the full story here in AW without

1. Having a board member explain the thought process behind each selection

And

2. Seeing the entire application.

There could be something in some applications that those whom are outside looking in just don’t see. Such as:

Too much TIS ( for AD)
Not the right degree for the board members selecting
Weak appraisals compared with others that have applied
Weak “cumulative” GPA
Multiple waivers
Motivational statement

And other times it may come down to just numbers. If they can only select say 10 this board, those top 10 will be selected and everyone else, even if they had stellar packages, would have to, and should, apply for the next round.

Point I am trying to make is unless we sit the board we just don’t know the full story on why someone was selected or not.
Yep, there are always little things that might make a person a Y on one board but a N on another. The common things are what we can focus on as they have held true for close to 20 years which is degree and GPA.

There are also people get the N but don't disclose why on a public forum, I have seen people with excellent GPA's and degrees get declined but they had issues, such as multiple ARI's, drug use other than experimentation of MJ, other law violations.

There have been times where those with lower GPA's weren't even considered (sub 3.0), where they made a blanket cut based on GPA. There were a few years where I would talk to the PM for Supply and he would say not to submit anyone with a waiver as the senior member immediate gave anyone with a waiver a N.

NateJeris

I suppose I'll put out my profile for posterity. OAR 62, Undergrad GPA: 3.55, Masters GPA 3.66 both degrees in International Relations with a minor in Mandarin. Rejected for Intel RIP.

For anyone interested in submitting a reconsideration letter, the details are outlined in the 1420.1B for you AD type. Chapter 6 mentions we have 6 months to submit a letter.
Personally, I plan on calling the OCM and asking for advice on my package.

Christian0201

Im one of the AD appilcants for INTEL board but my CoC has not received anything. I would really appreciate if someone with the access to the list could PM me. Thanks a lot in advance!

Edit: got my result. Thank you!

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

For anyone interested in submitting a reconsideration letter, the details are outlined in the 1420.1B for you AD type. Chapter 6 mentions we have 6 months to submit a letter.
Personally, I plan on calling the OCM and asking for advice on my package.
So far the only designator that an OCM has offered feedback is the Supply OCM and that was 1 specific OCM, most won't dive into that. If they do just realize it may not help much at all because you have no idea what the applicants will look like next time. You aren't competing against set of standards for selection, you are competing against a set of standards AND the other applicants, you may meet every requirement but if the others are better they will get the spot.

Well, that is almost exactly what the INTEL OCM told me a little bit ago. He told me that this past board may have different requirements then the next board.
He said for those of us out of rate, we should consider getting some Familiarization time with the INTEL rate. From what it sounded like, they wanted some people with a little experience under their belt.
And, more than 12 years of service wasn't favored.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
How important are appraisals and LoRs for selection? It can’t be based on GPA alone
So far the only designator that an OCM has offered feedback is the Supply OCM and that was 1 specific OCM, most won't dive into that. If they do just realize it may not help much at all because you have no idea what the applicants will look like next time. You aren't competing against set of standards for selection, you are competing against a set of standards AND the other applicants, you may meet every requirement but if the others are better they will get the spot.
Yes I wish got more Info for supplynfeedbacj. All they said was I got “1 vote” but I didn’t know how many was needed to get the the recommendation