• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20JUN2022 INTEL Board

Creeping_Geep

We are just about one month out from packages being due and two months out from the board convene date, so figured it was time to start a topic. Who all is applying?

I spoke with the senior IWC OCM a few months ago and he said this would be the last board before the INTEL program authorization is updated to impose a 10-year TIS limit, so I think for many of us this will be our last opportunity to apply. Best of luck to all applicants!

Last edited:

RhodesReese

I just went to a meeting with a lot of local 18XX series officers and IP is going the same route. The opportunity for priors to go 1820 is also higher per several 1830s. So I would recommend looking at applying for 1820 as well to increase your chances. With your stats it wouldn’t hurt.

NickEvan

I am applying this time around, I sent my package off for INTEL and IP. I’m a 15 year ISC and aware of the pending 10 year TIS adjustment in the next 1830 Program Authorization. I’m going to shoot my shot and let the board decide, PMA (positive mental attitude) is what it’s all about.

Creeping_Geep

I am applying this time around, I sent my package off for INTEL and IP. I’m a 15 year ISC and aware of the pending 10 year TIS adjustment in the next 1830 Program Authorization. I’m going to shoot my shot and let the board decide, PMA (positive mental attitude) is what it’s all about.
You should be in a pretty good spot. IS applicants have historically had good results with the Intel panel (no surprises there, of course, just sayin').

Creeping_Geep

Right now I am for-sure including an appraisal from an O-6 1830 and an O-6 1810 in my application. The other appraisals I have are two from O-4 1830s and two from O-5 1810s. Which ones should I include?

Right now I am for-sure including an appraisal from an O-6 1830 and an O-6 1810 in my application. The other appraisals I have are two from O-4 1830s and two from O-5 1810s. Which ones should I include?
Every single one that’s all 10s. If there’s one that you read and was like “wow are they talking about me?”, use it. Don’t matter i If they’re an O4 or O9, use them. But i was told by the OCM that for active folks especially, the more LORs, the better and appraisals are good too

Creeping_Geep

Every single one that’s all 10s. If there’s one that you read and was like “wow are they talking about me?”, use it. Don’t matter i If they’re an O4 or O9, use them. But i was told by the OCM that for active folks especially, the more LORs, the better and appraisals are good too
I think I can only include five appraisals, so I am trying to figure out which one of those four I should leave out. The 1810 ones are good because they are higher ranking IWC officers, but maybe the 1830 ones are better because that is the designator I am applying for? All appraisals I am contemplating using are all 10s, and as far as I can tell the wording is similar between them. Maybe there is something to read in between the lines? I have no way to know.

RhodesReese

I would add the appraisals for the designators your applying for. And if you have room add the 1810. Those in the 1830 and 1820 boards may know the Officers from their respective community, that gave their recommendation, and it will be those that carry the most weight. It is the 1830 and 1820 officers saying make this person an officer in my community. The 1810 is just more if you need it.

My two cents

NickEvan

INTEL (1st), IP (2nd)
-------
Stats
-------
Sex: Male
GPA: 3.79
Education: B.A. in Intelligence Studies, Working on M.A. in Organizational Leadership
AD service: 15 years in the USN and a current ISC(IW/EXW/SW/AW)
Last three evals: EP (last E6 Eval), MP (Frocked CPO Eval), P (first CPO Eval)
OAR: 45 (waiver approved)
LORs: 2 from 1830 CAPTs and 1 from SEAL CAPT
Appraisals: 1x O-6 1810, 1x O-5 1830, 1x O-5 1810, 1x O-4 1830, 1x O-3 1830
Awards: 2013 JSCM (1st), 2014 NCOM (1st), 2014 JSAM (1st), 2015 NAM (1st), 2015 AAM (1st), 2017 MOVSM (1st), 2018NCOM (R Device) (2nd), 2018 NAM (2nd), 2018 NCOM (3rd).
Leadership during service: Currently a Department LCPO. Previously held leadership positions: Watchfloor J2 NCOIC, N2 LPO, Targeting Team LPO, Dep CC, Command EXW coordinator.

Creeping_Geep

I reviewed all the various instructions and can't find the part that limits appraisals to five. Did I just make that up? Everything I've read today says "at least three".

Creeping_Geep

My command submitted my app on Tuesday, after the new INTEL PA dropped on Monday. Not sure if I am eligible for this board anymore. Hopefully all the other old timers got theirs in early!

Last edited: