• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20JUN2022 INTEL Board

I'mma say some out of pocket stuff. I got IP and that was my first choice. I put IP, Intel, and CW. I didn't pass the CW pretest thing (which I totally want to blame on having a Mac) so I put that last. I'm Active Duty.

I had an averagey OAR score that I don't remember that might be 51. I have a JD. Undergrad was psych, prelaw and premed (which no one cares about). I had good job experiences. I wrote about the cool people I know and want to be like.

I had no LORs, and 3 appraisals all from IP Officers (an O5, O4, and O3). They were all very nice. I was doing a accelerated BA thing for comp sci while applying. I have no idea what Intel wants because I got picked for IP, but I assume it helps if you have computer background for IP. I did like Hackthons and like have a terrible app that I don't think I told them about (and a terrible book that I don't think I mentioned, and a Github that's bad that I mentioned). I am a first accession sailor who hasn't gone to a ship yet. My job is computery too.

I only mention this stuff because in my interviews, people told me they didn't have computer degrees or experiences, but those IP people who said that seemed to be from the Academy. IP people I talked to also seemed to have been in another field and moved over to IP later. So I assume having computer stuff helps.

I'mma say some out of pocket stuff. I got IP and that was my first choice. I put IP, Intel, and CW. I didn't pass the CW pretest thing (which I totally want to blame on having a Mac) so I put that last. I'm Active Duty.

I had an averagey OAR score that I don't remember that might be 51. I have a JD. Undergrad was psych, prelaw and premed (which no one cares about). I had good job experiences. I wrote about the cool people I know and want to be like.

I had no LORs, and 3 appraisals all from IP Officers (an O5, O4, and O3). They were all very nice. I was doing a accelerated BA thing for comp sci while applying. I have no idea what Intel wants because I got picked for IP, but I assume it helps if you have computer background for IP. I did like Hackthons and like have a terrible app that I don't think I told them about (and a terrible book that I don't think I mentioned, and a Github that's bad that I mentioned). I am a first accession sailor who hasn't gone to a ship yet. My job is computery too.

I only mention this stuff because in my interviews, people told me they didn't have computer degrees or experiences, but those IP people who said that seemed to be from the Academy. IP people I talked to also seemed to have been in another field and moved over to IP later. So I assume having computer stuff helps.
Wow, thanks for the info.

What CW pretest? I never took one

What CW pretest? I never took one
CW... like Cyber Warfare. We need to take the pretest which is like a super hacking thing (was really fun but I couldn't open a lot of the files), then interview (which I never made it to. There's a bunch of books recommended for that).

They did email me to ask me if I really want to put CW as third choice but I thought it was right, since I never passed pretest.

RhodesReese

In this case CW is Cryptologic Warfare. CWE is Cyber Warfare Engineer which is what that test was for. Two different designators.

CW... like Cyber Warfare. We need to take the pretest which is like a super hacking thing (was really fun but I couldn't open a lot of the files), then interview (which I never made it to. There's a bunch of books recommended for that).

They did email me to ask me if I really want to put CW as third choice but I thought it was right, since I never passed pretest.

Lmao what? I got selected for CW and didn't have to do any of that

exNavyOffRec

There are always a few non-tech that get nabbed for IP or CW, in general they have advanced degrees which is probably what did it for you.

I had a guy picked for CW that had a history degree, but he had been an engineering major for his first 2 years so had all that calc, physics, etc....

No one really cares about OAR.

vborr005

This whole thread just proves to me it’s a random crapshoot. You never know 100% how they’re going stack rank applicants against each other or what they’re truly looking for. I appreciate y’all sharing your inputs.

My out of pocket idea is that there’s a hat with your name in it and then they just draw your name. I’ve been looking on other threads for other rates and some people with higher oar scores and gpas were pro rec n.

I haven’t submitted my application yet, but I think it’s a myth that you have to have a certain degree, oar score and gpa and that guaranteees your application and people should stop propagating this fallacy.

Last edited:
There are always a few non-tech that get nabbed for IP or CW, in general they have advanced degrees which is probably what did it for you.

I had a guy picked for CW that had a history degree, but he had been an engineering major for his first 2 years so had all that calc, physics, etc....

No one really cares about OAR.
Oh that's fair, that's fair. Thank you ?

exNavyOffRec

This whole thread just proves to me it’s a random crapshoot. You never know 100% how they’re going stack rank applicants against each other or what they’re truly looking for. I appreciate y’all sharing your inputs.

My out of pocket idea is that there’s a hat with your name in it and then they just draw your name. I’ve been looking on other threads for other rates and some people with higher oar scores and gpas were pro rec n.

I haven’t submitted my application yet, but I think it’s a myth that you have to have a certain degree, oar score and gpa and that guaranteees your application and people should stop propagating this fallacy.
There is never a guarantee, but the history of those selected can tell you who has the best chance, all programs average about 3.5 GPA for those selected, Intel prefers tech but will be the one to accept most of the non-tech degrees, the other designators on average will take 80-90% tech degrees and the rest (non-tech) will generally have GPA's north of 3.5 and more than a Bachelor's.