• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2018 AMDO Board

Stephem

I met my recruiter today to fill out security clearance paper work, and he told me 4 were selected. Our of the four, three are enlisted. Alternates are just in case one of use four decide not to go, or possibly fail OCS. I was told security clearance takes typically 2-4 weeks, now I do not know if the other three need to do this because they are already in the Navy. My recruiter also told me that we would probably attend OCS together because there is only four of us, and that it would prevent one/more of us from having to waiting until we would have to report to school in Pensacola.
Michael. One of my appraissers a LCDR AMDO was a recorder in the past board. He explained that the AMDO board use to be held twice a year, one in Feb and one in Jul. This was changed to one board a year where they pick the candidates for both FY18 and FY19. If you look at the board schedule, it does say FY18/ FY19 quota.

Michael Collins

I was just telling what my recruiter told me. Now this could be true. My recruiter told me they change things, and sometimes the recruiters aren't told about it til it affects them. Hopefully this is true, because having to wait a year to reapply seems like a long time. I'm just happy i'm not in that situation.

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I got an "N" on my status, and the last line in the paragraph above it says "ALTERNATE SELECTEE". I'm confused about the 2 votes required. I got one N and one Y. The paragraph says there is another (final) vote through OCS Accessions? Is that correct?

My stats:
AE2 /2.75 yrs
Age. 33
OAR: 72 8/7/8
GPA: 3.91
BS Degree: Electrical Engineering Technology
Appraisals: 10,9,9 (O3 and 2 O5s)
If it days N then that means you were a non-select, it would say ALT under status if you were. The blurb at the top shows up on everyones BOL whether selected not selected or altern
@Kandyce Grant My status on BOL says Alternative Selectee too. Are you sure ALT means commission after Oct 1st as oppose to before Oct 1st? Where you getting this information from? Rufio is saying something else.
Its My
I was just going to send you that link. However, I spoke with the other senior AMDOs and the AMDO OCM today and CNRC after my CO received an email from CNRC asking for a release date for me for OCS. This is the deal: Normally, Primaries/Alternates all go through OCS and the primaries commission prior to Oct 1st while alternates commission after Oct 1st. AMDO OCS quotas have been cut in half as of right now, and because of this, only the primaries will be processed with alternates moving up if a primary should drop out. He did say the first few alternates may be looking at an OCS class going into next year, while the last few will be looking at the following year, if possible. He did say that this can all change. Quotas can become available at any time. In the past it was a sure thing the alternates would commission after Oct 1st, this year it is not guarantee, but still possible especially depending on what number alternate you were is the way it was explained to me. I would contact the OCM so you can hear it yourself. I had an abundance of people telling me different things in the beginning.

Also, there are 2 people from last years results who have not went through OCS. They will have first dibs on the next available OCS class before this year's primary selectees.

Gaurav

Also, there are 2 people from last years results who have not went through OCS. They will have first dibs on the next available OCS class before this year's primary selectees.
@Kandyce Grant Thank you for the information. Are those two people you referring were last year primary or alternative? How were you able to find you were number two alternative? Mine says Alternative only on BOL.
I also got a chance to talk with two AMDO's, one from my command and another from different command and they are telling exactly same as what Rufio is saying. However, they also said that AMDO community is undermanned and likelihood of being selected are high. Also, do you think we have to reapply next fiscal year if not called upon this fiscal year?

Gaurav

Michael. One of my appraissers a LCDR AMDO was a recorder in the past board. He explained that the AMDO board use to be held twice a year, one in Feb and one in Jul. This was changed to one board a year where they pick the candidates for both FY18 and FY19. If you look at the board schedule, it does say FY18/ FY19 quota.
Looking at the board schedule, this does make sense. @Kandyce Grant and @Stephem

Looking at the board schedule, this does make sense. @Kandyce Grant and @Stephem
There is a board every February normally. They normally pick for the current year and the following year. The OCM said they were picking into the future previously and now it has caught up. Because of this OCS quota limitation it is effecting how many personnel they can send. They need the AMDOs but they can only send a certain amount of AMDOs trough OCS each year is how it was explained to me. They are beefing up the SWO community so they were given some of he AMDO billets OCS is what I was told. This quota limitation was unforeseen is the way it sounded. :( But that does not mean that you will not go, its just not for sure that you will :/. Kind of stuck in Limbo. It sucks for me because I got selected for LDO and I have to make a choice but I would be taking a risky chance over a guaranteed commission if I chose AMDO.

Gaurav

Hopefully, you will find out something concrete from OCM soon. By the way when do you have to make decisions by if you were to go for LDO? Good luck and congrats on your selection to LDO.

exNavyOffRec

If it days N then that means you were a non-select, it would say ALT under status if you were. The blurb at the top shows up on everyones BOL whether selected not selected or altern

Its My

I was just going to send you that link. However, I spoke with the other senior AMDOs and the AMDO OCM today and CNRC after my CO received an email from CNRC asking for a release date for me for OCS. This is the deal: Normally, Primaries/Alternates all go through OCS and the primaries commission prior to Oct 1st while alternates commission after Oct 1st. AMDO OCS quotas have been cut in half as of right now, and because of this, only the primaries will be processed with alternates moving up if a primary should drop out. He did say the first few alternates may be looking at an OCS class going into next year, while the last few will be looking at the following year, if possible. He did say that this can all change. Quotas can become available at any time. In the past it was a sure thing the alternates would commission after Oct 1st, this year it is not guarantee, but still possible especially depending on what number alternate you were is the way it was explained to me. I would contact the OCM so you can hear it yourself. I had an abundance of people telling me different things in the beginning.
They cannot send all the primary and alternate selectees through OCS at the same time, it doesn't work like that, a person goes through OCS then commissions immediately unless there is a medical/legal reason to hold.

Errick Johnson

Its My

Yep, I understand now. Thanks for the link.

@Kandyce Grant Thank you for the information. Are those two people you referring were last year primary or alternative? How were you able to find you were number two alternative? Mine says Alternative only on BOL.
I also got a chance to talk with two AMDO's, one from my command and another from different command and they are telling exactly same as what Rufio is saying. However, they also said that AMDO community is undermanned and likelihood of being selected are high. Also, do you think we have to reapply next fiscal year if not called upon this fiscal year?
They cannot send all the primary and alternate selectees through OCS at the same time, it doesn't work like that, a person goes through OCS then commissions immediately unless there is a medical/legal reason to hold.
You misunderstood what i said. I know they all cant go through at one time. I was saying that they all eventually would go through between the two fiscal years. But now that is not the case because of quota limitations.

exNavyOffRec

You misunderstood what i said. I know they all cant go through at one time. I was saying that they all eventually would go through between the two fiscal years. But now that is not the case because of quota limitations.

That is the case with all designators, they boards this time of year expect to pick for both FY's, and send everyone during those 2 FY's, but sometimes people get pushed, I saw some wait 2 years to go to OCS.

Gaurav

I spoke with CNRC today and I was told that “Alternate” will go to OCS once the quotas become available and that could be any fiscal year. It feels good to hear that straight from the horse’s mouth. Thank you all for sharing information.