• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2018 AMDO Board

Pbeng

Hello everyone,

I need help understanding my BOL update.

Currently, I am TAD on another ship and I am unable to contact the fleet processor. My BOL profile status reads "N", however, at the top of the page it states that I was selected as an alternate. Can someone please explain whether I was selected or not selected?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Errick Johnson

Hello everyone,

Currently, I am TAD on another ship and I am unable to contact the fleet processor. My BOL profile status reads "N", however, at the top of the page it states that I was selected as an alternate. Can someone please explain whether I was selected or not selected?

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I got an "N" on my status, and the last line in the paragraph above it says "ALTERNATE SELECTEE". I'm confused about the 2 votes required. I got one N and one Y. The paragraph says there is another (final) vote through OCS Accessions? Is that correct?

My stats:
AE2 /2.75 yrs
Age. 33
OAR: 72 8/7/8
GPA: 3.91
BS Degree: Electrical Engineering Technology
Appraisals: 10,9,9 (O3 and 2 O5s)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If your BOL says ALTERNATE, it's self-explanatory. It means if someone SELECTED decides to decline or not move further in the process, the alternate will then turn into a select and ship to OCS. The alternates are ranked so whoever is #1 or the top spot will automatically turn into a SELECT once a SELECT drops out.

Errick Johnson

If your BOL says ALTERNATE, it's self-explanatory. It means if someone SELECTED decides to decline or not move further in the process, the alternate will then turn into a select and ship to OCS. The alternates are ranked so whoever is #1 or the top spot will automatically turn into a SELECT once a SELECT drops out.
Right. Thanks for the clarification. Well, at least the wait’s over. I learned a lot from the process this year. Hopefully I’ll have another opportunity to apply. Now, back to business as usual.

Hello everyone,

Thats weird because i am #2 alternate and my BOL says ALT...it does not say N. And my CO got an email today asking for a release date for OCS. I think that is just protocol though.

Pbeng

Thats weird because i am #2 alternate and my BOL says ALT...it does not say N. And my CO got an email today asking for a release date for OCS. I think that is just protocol though.
This is why I asked for further clarification. The status say N, but the top of the page states Alternate Selectee. Again, I will call Mr. Celestin for further instruction if my command does not hear anything by the time I return.

Gaurav

I have been instructed what it means. It means that i was selected. However, i would commission after Oct 1st. As opposed to primaries who commission before oct 1st.
I have been instructed what it means. It means that i was selected. However, i would commission after Oct 1st. As opposed to primaries who commission before oct 1st.

@Kandyce Grant My status on BOL says Alternative Selectee too. Are you sure ALT means commission after Oct 1st as oppose to before Oct 1st? Where you getting this information from? Rufio is saying something else.

Stephem

@Kandyce Grant My status on BOL says Alternative Selectee too. Are you sure ALT means commission after Oct 1st as oppose to before Oct 1st? Where you getting this information from? Rufio is saying something else.
Gaurav I don't know if you have any AMDO in your command but that will be the best person to ask. I am an alternate as well and I asked what it means from a couple of AMDO here and they said the same as what Kandyce was saying. If the status in BOL is "Alt", it just means that you are going in the FY19 quota and will be commissioned in that fiscal year.

Michael Collins

I met my recruiter today to fill out security clearance paper work, and he told me 4 were selected. Our of the four, three are enlisted. Alternates are just in case one of use four decide not to go, or possibly fail OCS. I was told security clearance takes typically 2-4 weeks, now I do not know if the other three need to do this because they are already in the Navy. My recruiter also told me that we would probably attend OCS together because there is only four of us, and that it would prevent one/more of us from having to waiting until we would have to report to school in Pensacola.

Gaurav

Gaurav I don't know if you have any AMDO in your command but that will be the best person to ask. I am an alternate as well and I asked what it means from a couple of AMDO here and they said the same as what Kandyce was saying. If the status in BOL is "Alt", it just means that you are going in the FY19 quota and will be commissioned in that fiscal year.

http://www.google.co.jp/url?sa=t&rc...s%20next.doc&usg=AOvVaw2fZlNC40ZwzvZI8XaD4Ioq

I think @Kandyce Grant and you are right. However, I will still check with other AMDO's too. Thank you .