• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

CWFM713

A simplistic thought experiment for the SNA's among us.

228 submitted for SNA as Choice 1. If given the prior assumptions are true of 148 slots remaining for FY 22, that leaves 65% to be selected.

However, if we filter this list down to include all GPA, all OAR, and only by PFAR 7-9, that captures 113 of the goal. Leaving 35.

Including PFAR's of 6 results in 144. Leaving four.

An overly basic model of selection criteria of course. Hoping that adds some good juju to the vibes in this thread based on probabilities from quantifiable variables only.

exNavyOffRec

A simplistic thought experiment for the SNA's among us.

228 submitted for SNA as Choice 1. If given the prior assumptions are true of 148 slots remaining for FY 22, that leaves 65% to be selected.

However, if we filter this list down to include all GPA, all OAR, and only by PFAR 7-9, that captures 113 of the goal. Leaving 35.

Including PFAR's of 6 results in 144. Leaving four.

An overly basic model of selection criteria of course. Hoping that adds some good juju to the vibes in this thread based on probabilities from quantifiable variables only.

The hard goals that came out resulted in a significant cut in SNA, nearly 70% of the OCS SNA shipping goal has been met and 80% of the shipping goal has been identified which is why I said if not selected on this board to re-apply. This board could be brutal for SNA's, and if they do select a higher percentage then many will be waiting until July 2022 for OCS.

CWFM713

The hard goals that came out resulted in a significant cut in SNA, nearly 70% of the OCS SNA shipping goal has been met and 80% of the shipping goal has been identified which is why I said if not selected on this board to re-apply. This board could be brutal for SNA's, and if they do select a higher percentage then many will be waiting until July 2022 for OCS.

Without you in this thread, it'd be nothing but chaos and rabbit holes. Mostly from Navy21. Thank you for the continued context that keeps us all sane.

Tumbleweed33

Can you tell us the overall OCS SNA shipping goal?

BDavis11

Contributor
I guess we can start placing bets on what day we will get results (as a whole not individual). Or would we rather wait til Monday?

Michael Campbell

How does the board review the applications? Do they start reviewing and ProRec-Y people as they come across them, or do they view all 302 applicants and then decide which ones get ProRec-Y/N ?

WorldWar33.3

How does the board review the applications? Do they start reviewing and ProRec-Y people as they come across them, or do they view all 302 applicants and then decide which ones get ProRec-Y/N ?
Yessir. From what I've read, the board members take less than 3 minutes looking at your application, then decide Pro Rec Y/N, then onto the next