• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

GoldLeaf

@exNavyOffRec I still haven't heard anything from the individual that's suppose to be taking over my package. Recruiter went on terminal leave and is now out of the Navy. I have been filling out the monthly COP form and sending it to the person that supposedly in charge of my package now. However, no calls or emails have been returned.. is this normal or should I reach out to someone else?

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec I still haven't heard anything from the individual that's suppose to be taking over my package. Recruiter went on terminal leave and is now out of the Navy. I have been filling out the monthly COP form and sending it to the person that supposedly in charge of my package now. However, no calls or emails have been returned.. is this normal or should I reach out to someone else?
Not normal I would reach out to the processor to verify who is your contact now.

jakebacc

44 5/7/7; GPA: 3.46; Pro-Rec: Y SNFO; Class 02-23
Hey been doing some research and can’t seem to find a straight answer. Does a WSO in the super hornet or a EWO in a growler have final release controls for any weapons systems? If so which weapons systems? I know they laze targets for air to ground, but do they have final release? I’ve heard air to air final release for WSO (like an AMRAAM).

GoldLeaf

Hey been doing some research and can’t seem to find a straight answer. Does a WSO in the super hornet or a EWO in a growler have final release controls for any weapons systems? If so which weapons systems? I know they laze targets for air to ground, but do they have final release? I’ve heard air to air final release for WSO (like an AMRAAM).
Please correct me if I'm wrong or don't have the correct info, isn't a NFO now a WSO and EWO into the same job ?? Or does it depend on the aircraft?

WorldWar33.3

Please correct me if I'm wrong or don't have the correct info, isn't a NFO now a WSO and EWO into the same job ?? Or does it depend on the aircraft?
It depends on the aircraft. F/A-18 backseat NFOs are WSOs, while E/A-18 backseaters are EWOs. Almost the same aircraft with different missions

WorldWar33.3

All I know is that WSOs on the Super Hornet can't control the plane by stick