• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Me So Hornet

SNA PRO-REC-Y / OCS 14AUG2022
Since so many of us SNA PRO-REC-Ys are now spread over many different class dates that keep shuffling, we created a GroupMe for SNA PRO-REC-Ys to share information, rumors, and drama.

Please join if you are interested:

Last edited:

Hutluk13

Anyone here that’s been selected before, went to OCS, didn’t get through for whatever reason and are now reapplying? Long story short, about 2 years ago I was selected SNA, was in OCS all the way to week 8 and ended up finding out I had a torn ACL. I was medically released and sent home but was told if I got it fixed and could get medical clearance again that I could reapply. Everyone I talked to made it sound like I would easily get picked up again given my situation. Well I’ve now been able to apply for the last 2 boards for SNA, not being selected both times. Now my recruiter is telling me the only way I can apply SNA again is to retake the ASTB or I’ll just have to apply NFO only. My scores are 676 so I don’t really want to retake it. Just doesn’t make sense to me given I’ve already been selected before. Anyone have any insight?

exNavyOffRec

Anyone here that’s been selected before, went to OCS, didn’t get through for whatever reason and are now reapplying? Long story short, about 2 years ago I was selected SNA, was in OCS all the way to week 8 and ended up finding out I had a torn ACL. I was medically released and sent home but was told if I got it fixed and could get medical clearance again that I could reapply. Everyone I talked to made it sound like I would easily get picked up again given my situation. Well I’ve now been able to apply for the last 2 boards for SNA, not being selected both times. Now my recruiter is telling me the only way I can apply SNA again is to retake the ASTB or I’ll just have to apply NFO only. My scores are 676 so I don’t really want to retake it. Just doesn’t make sense to me given I’ve already been selected before. Anyone have any insight?
Did you explain the issue of why you were sent home, if you don't tell them they won't know.

Mouselovr

Contributor
There were two people in my class who DORed in 2019 then came in 2021. One was a medical DOR, the other was attrited (kicked out). Both came back without problem, graduated then commissioned.

When you left OCS the first time, during your interview with the CO they write a note along the lines of "highly recommend for return". As long as you weren't a goof, yours should say that. Its very unlikely your DOR is the problem.

Last edited:

Hutluk13

There were two people in my class who DORed in 2019 then came in 2021. One was a medical DOR, the other was attrited (kicked out). Both came back without problem, graduated then commissioned.

When you left OCS the first time, during your interview with the CO they write a note along the lines of "highly recommend for return". As long as you weren't a goof, yours should say that. Its very unlikely your DOR is the problem.
Thanks for the info. I don’t remember ever getting a letter from the CO, just having a conversation with him and him encouraging me to get back once I could get cleared.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Thanks for the info. I don’t remember ever getting a letter from the CO, just having a conversation with him and him encouraging me to get back once I could get cleared.
You don’t get the letter. It was put in your paperwork.

Hutluk13

You don’t get the letter. It was put in your paperwork.
I asked my recruiter if I got some kind of record from when I was at OCS if that would help me. He seems to think it won’t matter because they see how long I was there from my discharge papers. But there’s nothing that shows how I did while I was there. I did pretty well as far as academics, inspections and PT. I would think if I could show that somehow it would help my chances.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just checked N31, posted 9 minutes ago.

Here you go team!
As I indicated in the other thread, do not post personal info like this on a public website. Come in folks. You know better than to do stuff like this.