• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Tvmats

I had to move my date (tentatively scheduled for November), but I just asked my recruiter about it. I wrote a justification and the recruiter sent it up the approval chain. I heard back with the approval just a few days after my request was put in. The whole process seemed pretty painless. YMMV but that was my experience.
That's what my recruiter said to do, but he also said that I risk having my entire offer be rescinded just for asking. Not sure if he's just trying to scare me away from doing that or not.

KSchik11

That's what my recruiter said to do, but he also said that I risk having my entire offer be rescinded just for asking. Not sure if he's just trying to scare me away from doing that or not.
Dang... I was not told about having my offer rescinded at all. My recruiter thought we were far enough out that it probably wouldn't be a big deal.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
Yeah pilot, I was wondering if it would just be as easy as finding someone willing to trade with?
I thought this was the case but I wasn't going to start looking for switchers until I got my finsel date. But then again I heard people don't get finsel until right before OCS. Basically I'll be shopping around for earlier dates once I feel like my security clearance is done and I'm good to go though I'm not sure how I'll know. Hoping for ~August 6th OCS class instead of November 6th but I'll take what I can get.

Tvmats

I thought this was the case but I wasn't going to start looking for switchers until I got my finsel date. But then again I heard people don't get finsel until right before OCS. Basically I'll be shopping around for earlier dates once I feel like my security clearance is done and I'm good to go though I'm not sure how I'll know. Hoping for ~August 6th OCS class instead of November 6th but I'll take what I can get.
Mine is tentatively October 16th, I will check with my recruiter about if we can easily swap, then I'll let you know

exNavyOffRec

There are not has hard on people wanting to move dates as they used to, we had a few people that wanted to move their date out for no really good reason and the email response from NRC was along the lines of "candidate can leave on date scheduled or decline position".

Tvmats

There are not has hard on people wanting to move dates as they used to, we had a few people that wanted to move their date out for no really good reason and the email response from NRC was along the lines of "candidate can leave on date scheduled or decline position".
Thank you for the answer, I'd appreciate your input on if you think being best man in a wedding is a good enough reason to move my date out?