• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 18 SEP 17 | IWC Board

danoma08

Thanks ichneumonidae.
I want to be a little more specific in my question. Is there a penalty for age? Is a 25 year old considered in the same manner as a 35 year old?

Metallikat

Thanks ichneumonidae.
I want to be a little more specific in my question. Is there a penalty for age? Is a 25 year old considered in the same manner as a 35 year old?

I don’t think there is a penalty. I’m 36 and am a PRO-Y from the June board.

Vincent

Is there anyway to confirm if the board did in-fact happen on the 18th? I have seen other board threads where it hadn't.

chaotic_quixotic

Is there anyway to confirm if the board did in-fact happen on the 18th? I have seen other board threads where it hadn't.

I was wondering the same thing. Did your recruiter say there was one this month? My recruiter insists there was no September board despite people on here applying for one. Back in July, he said there was one in October. But then told me a few days ago that was changed to December 4th. He said the next board after the June one will be in December. Would be nice if someone can clarify this. I tried calling my recruiter today but kept getting an automated message that the office numbers are not responding. Considering I live abroad, I can't exactly just pop in his office to figure out what's going on.

Vincent

I'm in the same situation (somewhat) I am underway in the 7th Fleet AOR and timing calls or finding the bandwidth to easily figure out if boards happened or not is extremely difficult. Mr. Celestine has been extremely helpful to talk to, but made it clear to me that if nothing is brought to your attention then your package was good to go. Like I said - for other boards the board happened a few days later due to things like leave or scheduling conflicts with board members.

I heard from my recruiter that the board started a couple days earlier than the planned date of September 18, but no results have been sent out as of yet.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Recruiters won't know if a board met typically until the selection results come out. If a board is slated to meet, assume it's being met.

But if a board was in fact cancelled or seriously postponed they would have been notified already.

danoma08

What did your recruiter say?

He just said that I was under the age cap. That's why I wasn't concerned, but he didn't really give clarification as to if it plays into their decision. Thank you for all the information this site is such a great resource.

Vincent

Has anyone seen any update yet? The other IWC boards seemed to have had results far quicker (except for the one where the board didn't happen).

Has anyone maybe at least gotten any information regarding the board happening itself?

Heard through the grapevine that the board is actually still meeting. We probably won't start getting results until late next week. :/