• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 18 SEP 17 | IWC Board

navyhaz

Unfortunately, no to the first two; am an IT with extensive both in rate experience and civilian experience prior to joining. While it's good to be realistic about things, I have read enough threads discouraging me from applying or even bothering, I will still continue improving until I get selected.

*edit* - I do have one question regarding waivers themselves. If there is an error or something needed to be changed, do you just send the waiver itself or do you resubmit the package with the waiver?

How are your Evals? SWOs just lost all of their commo billets to us (1820's) due to the success of our ANSI IP pilot program. Every ship will be billeted with an ENS/LTJG IP officer by 10/2018. The demand to fill these billets is high with the supply of JO IP officers being very low. As a result, we should all expect an improvement to our low accession rate. We're an LDO heavy designator, so prior service goes far in our community... It's unclear if the 6820's (LDO IP) will be "allowed" to fill some of these ship billets, but I'm sure they will augment a few until our inventory is leveled out.

Vincent

How are your Evals? SWOs just lost all of their commo billets to us (1820's) due to the success of our ANSI IP pilot program. Every ship will be billeted with an ENS/LTJG IP officer by 10/2018. The demand to fill these billets is high with the supply of JO IP officers being very low. As a result, we should all expect an improvement to our low accession rate. We're an LDO heavy designator, so prior service goes far in our community... It's unclear if the 6820's (LDO IP) will be "allowed" to fill some of these ship billets, but I'm sure they will augment a few until our inventory is leveled out.

My Evals are all EP and all address my leadership, programs and guides(repeatable training) I've created which have impacted the entire ship, and my technical expertise.

What you are saying is something I've been hearing non-stop from higher up IPs that tell me "put in an application!!!" I begrudgingly tell them my GPA is too damn low (getting my Masters now to eventually replace it but wanted to get my package in sooner) but they just shrug like it doesn't matter - although everything I read (especially here on Air Warriors) claims it matters so much. I am assuming this is because the civilians applying only have the GPA to go off of.

It's nice to hear but I emailed the Community Manager about it and he flat out told me some more information about the board.

I got into the board so we shall see. I'm hoping my mistakes from when I was younger do not hold me back TOO much now. I've worked so damn hard in my career so far and I want to take that motivation with me to each milestone. I think I have an incredible package minus the GPA.

exNavyOffRec

My Evals are all EP and all address my leadership, programs and guides(repeatable training) I've created which have impacted the entire ship, and my technical expertise.

What you are saying is something I've been hearing non-stop from higher up IPs that tell me "put in an application!!!" I begrudgingly tell them my GPA is too damn low (getting my Masters now to eventually replace it but wanted to get my package in sooner) but they just shrug like it doesn't matter - although everything I read (especially here on Air Warriors) claims it matters so much. I am assuming this is because the civilians applying only have the GPA to go off of.

It's nice to hear but I emailed the Community Manager about it and he flat out told me some more information about the board.

I got into the board so we shall see. I'm hoping my mistakes from when I was younger do not hold me back TOO much now. I've worked so damn hard in my career so far and I want to take that motivation with me to each milestone. I think I have an incredible package minus the GPA.

GPA does matter, not as much as a person going for AD as a civilian but it does matter, there are many highly qualified people that apply often with similar work experience so yes the GPA comes into play, I cannot tell you how much though.

Edit: I just noticed this was the AD thread, they will really look at GPA that is the one thing they can compare against you and the civilians, the average GPA of those picked up is 3.5

KBarthel

@Anuj Kainth that question is scattered throughout the forums. From what I understand, PROREC means Professionally Recommended. Your packet is submitted to the board and upon review you can receive a PROREC-Y, N, or A. I'm not 100% sure if ProRec A is still used, I haven't seen it much in recent posts here, but my OR told me about it in April. PROREC-A stands for Alternate, where you would wait for a spot to open if someone doesn't fill it who was offered a PROREC-Y. If a spot doesn't open, you should be forwarded to the next board.(Again, not too sure about the use of the status)

If you are Professionally Recommended Yes, you will await your Final Selection (FINSEL). Your FINSEL is essentially your orders to OCS. Once you receive your FINSEL, I believe you swear in and cover the logistics of reporting to Newport.

It's not the most in-depth description of the two, but from what I remember about the conversation it covers the gist of it.

So, I applied for this board as a non-STEM degree (International Politics, received this May), with a 3.97 GPA, 69 OAR, and solid letters of recommendation (a couple from 06s). I've had a lot of internship experience in the intelligence field, but I'm worried that my non-STEM degree would kill the application I submitted. Do you think the other elements would keep me in the running, or is it pretty much a guaranteed Prorec N?

exNavyOffRec

So, I applied for this board as a non-STEM degree (International Politics, received this May), with a 3.97 GPA, 69 OAR, and solid letters of recommendation (a couple from 06s). I've had a lot of internship experience in the intelligence field, but I'm worried that my non-STEM degree would kill the application I submitted. Do you think the other elements would keep me in the running, or is it pretty much a guaranteed Prorec N?
No it isn't a guaranteed "N", your high GPA will make them take a look, but did you put Intel 1st or 2nd?

GoingSWOing

A board schedule I got from here around July (I think it was posted by RUFiO181 or NavyOffRec) said this board on the 18th is IWC (INTEL/CW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IWC Options). I only put 1160 as a program choice with a 53 OAR and 3.3 GPA in business. My recruiter sounds really confident that my kit is competitive, but to me it looks like I'm below average for a SWO-IWC applicant. Is it possible they would select me for 1160 SWO, or should I try for the October SWO board (kit due in less than 10 days)?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A board schedule I got from here around July (I think it was posted by RUFiO181 or NavyOffRec) said this board on the 18th is IWC (INTEL/CW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IWC Options). I only put 1160 as a program choice with a 53 OAR and 3.3 GPA in business. My recruiter sounds really confident that my kit is competitive, but to me it looks like I'm below average for a SWO-IWC applicant. Is it possible they would select me for 1160 SWO, or should I try for the October SWO board (kit due in less than 10 days)?

SWO and SWO-IW are two different boards... meaning you will need to apply for both.

danoma08

I've been searching around and trying to read up on age going into OCS. I didn't see anything addressing someone as old as myself. I'm 34 and looking to apply for Intel. From what I read the max age is 42. Is there a point where it's just too old to apply? I'm just curious if the board considers age or if they just see your under the max age and they review your packet from there? I'm not concerned just curious at this point. Any thoughts?

ichneumonidae

I've been searching around and trying to read up on age going into OCS. I didn't see anything addressing someone as old as myself. I'm 34 and looking to apply for Intel. From what I read the max age is 42. Is there a point where it's just too old to apply? I'm just curious if the board considers age or if they just see your under the max age and they review your packet from there? I'm not concerned just curious at this point. Any thoughts?

For a non-prior, Intel max age is 42 by commission. If you were to apply for a SWO-intel option designator, I believe the commission-by-age cutoff is 35.

Navycs is a good resource for the basic nut-and-bolts qualifications for all of the officer and enlisted communities: https://www.navycs.com/officer/intelligenceofficer.html ! Good luck to you.