• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 April 2021 13-21 OCS Class

SWO Tho

Hi, folks. I've been selected for this class as well, so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here. Recruiter got my itinerary set up as well as the FINSEL, but I'm just waiting to handle some last paperwork that they're taking their time with. Looks like my flight will be arriving in Providence, RI around 2pm on the 3rd of April.

Prior enlisted myself here as an EN/MM that got picked up for SWO. Been waiting to do this for a long time, especially with how long it took to hear back from the selection board, so I'm pretty much ready to go!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hi, folks. I've been selected for this class as well, so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here. Recruiter got my itinerary set up as well as the FINSEL, but I'm just waiting to handle some last paperwork that they're taking their time with. Looks like my flight will be arriving in Providence, RI around 2pm on the 3rd of April.

Prior enlisted myself here as an EN/MM that got picked up for SWO. Been waiting to do this for a long time, especially with how long it took to hear back from the selection board, so I'm pretty much ready to go!
Nice! What's the stuff you're waiting on?

SWO Tho

Nice! What's the stuff you're waiting on?

Let's see, this Friday will be my swearing-in ceremony and my recruiter just hinted that "we'll eventually be doing a lot of paperwork" but hasn't given me a date yet. Considering their office is a 2-hour plus drive, I kinda wish they would let me do it sooner than later. I'm assuming I'll be handling it this Friday. Would be nice to get it done, especially since I'm married and want to get all my BAH paperwork done asap.

Just feels weird, since, when I was enlisted, I pretty much did all my paperwork up-front and everything now just feels like it's being put off to the last minute, haha

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Let's see, this Friday will be my swearing-in ceremony and my recruiter just hinted that "we'll eventually be doing a lot of paperwork" but hasn't given me a date yet. Considering their office is a 2-hour plus drive, I kinda wish they would let me do it sooner than later. I'm assuming I'll be handling it this Friday. Would be nice to get it done, especially since I'm married and want to get all my BAH paperwork done asap.

Just feels weird, since, when I was enlisted, I pretty much did all my paperwork up-front and everything now just feels like it's being put off to the last minute, haha
Interesting. All my paperwork was signed in about 35 minutes so hopefully they can get it all together for you. We didn't even do the "swearing in" since they said it's technically for show and I'd already done it lol. I'm prior as well. They said when you sign paperwork that's technically the swearing in, the raising your hand is for show :p I didn't realize that when I enlisted several years ago.

SWO Tho

Interesting. All my paperwork was signed in about 35 minutes so hopefully they can get it all together for you. We didn't even do the "swearing in" since they said it's technically for show and I'd already done it lol. I'm prior as well. They said when you sign paperwork that's technically the swearing in, the raising your hand is for show :p I didn't realize that when I enlisted several years ago.
Hah, believe me, since we're both prior enlisted, I think we both know that military loves doin' stuff like that "for show".

I'm just wanting to get all these little hurdles out of the way already, so I can focus on getting on with OCS already. I've been hype to go for long enough, whew.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hah, believe me, since we're both prior enlisted, I think we both know that military loves doin' stuff like that "for show".

I'm just wanting to get all these little hurdles out of the way already, so I can focus on getting on with OCS already. I've been hype to go for long enough, whew.
More than I care to admit lol. It's awkward when you have to stand in formation at attention for a Colonel along with 400 other enlisted members in 95 degree heat. People are passing out and falling flat on their face and you're wondering if the Colonel saw that during their speech. They saw it. They continue talking for another 20 minutes while another 30 individuals fall out for heat exhaustion.

The good news is you're all primed and ready to go, everything else will fall into place... Like the poor enlisted guy in full service dress in 95 degree heat. I imagine you're excitement for OCS is probably making the little stuff excruciating lol.

Mntman

Contributor
I just got word from my OR that I was moved up into this class. Going SNA. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Anyone have any obscure items they're bringing that are helpful? I've got these things so far on my list:

Body wipes - was recommended specifically for Indoc phase where you get smoked a lot and won't have the opportunity to shower until later. General hygiene thing since you'll be sweating a lot if you're a clean freak.

Shower shoes - Someone recommended having shower shoes (cheap flip flops) before you arrive to ROM now.

Tide pods - So you don't need to worry about your first several loads of laundry

Gallon zip lock bags - For making packing items take up a lot less space. Stuff them with cloths and compress them so you can pack more if necessary.

Laundry bag - Just a nice item to have when travelling.

Everest_15

Anyone have any obscure items they're bringing that are helpful? I've got these things so far on my list:

Body wipes - was recommended specifically for Indoc phase where you get smoked a lot and won't have the opportunity to shower until later. General hygiene thing since you'll be sweating a lot if you're a clean freak.

Shower shoes - Someone recommended having shower shoes (cheap flip flops) before you arrive to ROM now.

Tide pods - So you don't need to worry about your first several loads of laundry

Gallon zip lock bags - For making packing items take up a lot less space. Stuff them with cloths and compress them so you can pack more if necessary.

Laundry bag - Just a nice item to have when travelling.

I'm packing pretty much all of those except the shower shoes. I may think about getting those in the meantime. A couple things I may bring (may not be THAT obscure), if we can't go the the NEX during ROM:

Roll of good toilet paper - (which I may buy at the NEX?) Just heard some of the towels and toilet papers are nearly sand paper

Goldbond body powder - Used this on hiking/backpacking trips, good for chafing and foot issues. Since we'll be PT'ing twice a day for ROM figured I go ahead and get a small bottle.

Book of stamps/envelopes/pen for letters - One less thing to but when I'm there.

Sharpie - for marking any clothes/socks

Hopefully none of those things are contraband going in but just a couple things I read about/thought of.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I'm packing pretty much all of those except the shower shoes. I may think about getting those in the meantime. A couple things I may bring (may not be THAT obscure), if we can't go the the NEX during ROM:

Roll of good toilet paper - (which I may buy at the NEX?) Just heard some of the towels and toilet papers are nearly sand paper

Goldbond body powder - Used this on hiking/backpacking trips, good for chafing and foot issues. Since we'll be PT'ing twice a day for ROM figured I go ahead and get a small bottle.

Book of stamps/envelopes/pen for letters - One less thing to but when I'm there.

Sharpie - for marking any clothes/socks

Hopefully none of those things are contraband going in but just a couple things I read about/thought of.
After that email from the SCPO today I went out and grabbed a couple more things lol. Leather conditioner was a good idea, I snagged a little tub of it from Walmart in the shoe section. I bought some moleskin too, that was a gamechanger when I went through AF BMT. If you think you'll get blisters I'd recommend getting a couple packages, they're usually near the medicine/foot care aisle.

SWO Tho

After that email from the SCPO today I went out and grabbed a couple more things lol. Leather conditioner was a good idea, I snagged a little tub of it from Walmart in the shoe section. I bought some moleskin too, that was a gamechanger when I went through AF BMT. If you think you'll get blisters I'd recommend getting a couple packages, they're usually near the medicine/foot care aisle.
Ah, I've been waiting on that email, but I still haven't received it yet. Even been checking spam and got nothing. My officer recruiter did mention I'd get one, but looks like it hasn't happened yet.

Jake Slager

Ah, I've been waiting on that email, but I still haven't received it yet. Even been checking spam and got nothing. My officer recruiter did mention I'd get one, but looks like it hasn't happened yet.
Are you in the GroupMe chat? I’ve forwarded emails to some people, I can get it to you as well.