• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 April 2021 13-21 OCS Class

QRP

Hello everyone! I'll be in this class as well on a NUPOC track. I look forward to meeting everyone. Would anyone else like to put together numbers and info for a group me or discord chat?

QRP

Hopefully more than just us lol.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to pack?
According to Reddit and friends I've asked just stick to the list and buy anything you need at the NEX when we get there. That way anything you get will for sure be within whatever regs they decided to force on us. I have been told though to splurge on good boot socks and good underwear!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
That's what I'll be doing as well, I'm not into the idea of hand carrying a ton of items when they can just be purchased after I arrive lol.

I got my itinerary today... looks like I'll arrive to Newport after 1am on the 4th. ?

Last edited:

Jake Slager

Hi everyone, I just got notified this afternoon I was put in this class. I was selected for 182x (Information Professional) last summer, but had a long delay. I'm a prior service Marine, so at least I have the Navy jargon down pat. Oh, and I also tried to join the Facebook group. To whoever runs the group: If my profile seems super empty and fake-looking, it's because I just don't use facebook.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I'm being told the check-in for ROM is the same as OCS so we check-in at Callaghan Hall for ROM NLT 0900 on the 4th?

Anyone able to confirm?

Jake Slager

I'm being told the check-in for ROM is the same as OCS so we check-in at Callaghan Hall for ROM NLT 0900 on the 4th?

Anyone able to confirm?
The word I got today was that I was flying on the 3rd and checking in on the 4th, so that sounds right to me. But I don't have orders or any paperwork yet. Mine was pretty last minute.

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
I don't have facebook, but ill PM my number to get in on the chat.

According to my OR, they are still drafting my orders since I was on a short notice select. I am expecting an official 'go-by' for checking in and stuff within the week, Ill share that info when I get it. (I will be driving a POV, so it may be a little different)

Everest_15

According to my OR, they are still drafting my orders since I was on a short notice select. I am expecting an official 'go-by' for checking in and stuff within the week, Ill share that info when I get it. (I will be driving a POV, so it may be a little different)

I wasn't too short of a notice (they let me know by Dec) but I still don't have much info on my plane ticket, FINSEL, etc. I sent her an email but am waiting to hear back. Sounds like others are experiencing this too?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I wasn't too short of a notice (they let me know by Dec) but I still don't have much info on my plane ticket, FINSEL, etc. I sent her an email but am waiting to hear back. Sounds like others are experiencing this too?
Sounds like they might be dragging their feet especially with your notification of the date in December. I've already got the itinerary for the flight out.