• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17NOV21 SWO Board

Danielle29

“PO1 Alleman, for possible waiver consideration all applicant must provide a written letter requesting a waiver of the requirements (Be Specific) for each Officer Program applied for; also include a waiver endorsement letter from the Commanding Officer. “This is what it says in the email from mr. Paul. My question is do I just have my CO endorse it and submit back to him with my package?
It might be different because I’m a civilian and you’re an AD but from what I understood you submit waiver(s) along with your application before the submission date? But I assuming you sending it to your CO.

IT1Rah

Data that everyone might appreciate:

SWO Board FEB 2021: Pro-Rec-Y 54 out of 131 applicants = 41.2%
SWO Board APR 2021: Pro-Rec-Y 161 out of 267 applicants = 60.2%
SWO Board AUG 2021: Pro-Rec-Y 120 out of 253 applicants = 47.4%

Average SWO Board Results: Pro-Rec-Y 111.6 out of 217 applicants = 51.6% (Reminder that this is just the average of the last 3 boards)

In the 16AUG2021 SWO Board thread there was talk that each board for this FY might be trying to fill a max of 131 applicants per board. But I could not for the life of me find any official documentation that supports that figure.
Worst Case Scenario: Pro-Rec 54 (Based on FEB 2021 Board)
Most Likely Scenario: Pro-Rec 112 (Based on average of last three boards round up)
Best Case Scenario: 131 (Based on a rumor in the 16AUG2021 SWO Board thread)
If we use the PERT Estimate formula (54+4(112)+131)/6 we get a 'realistic' estimated scope of 106 (rounded up) Pro-Rec-Y for this board.
That means an estimated 63% selection rate.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Data that everyone might appreciate:

SWO Board FEB 2021: Pro-Rec-Y 54 out of 131 applicants = 41.2%
SWO Board APR 2021: Pro-Rec-Y 161 out of 267 applicants = 60.2%
SWO Board AUG 2021: Pro-Rec-Y 120 out of 253 applicants = 47.4%

Average SWO Board Results: Pro-Rec-Y 111.6 out of 217 applicants = 51.6% (Reminder that this is just the average of the last 3 boards)

In the 16AUG2021 SWO Board thread there was talk that each board for this FY might be trying to fill a max of 131 applicants per board. But I could not for the life of me find any official documentation that supports that figure.
Worst Case Scenario: Pro-Rec 54 (Based on FEB 2021 Board)
Most Likely Scenario: Pro-Rec 112 (Based on average of last three boards round up)
Best Case Scenario: 131 (Based on a rumor in the 16AUG2021 SWO Board thread)
If we use the PERT Estimate formula (54+4(112)+131)/6 we get a 'realistic' estimated scope of 106 (rounded up) Pro-Rec-Y for this board.
That means an estimated 63% selection rate.
The number of selections they make depends on what the hard goals are and the number of boards left in order to meet the current FY shipping goal.

The board is also given a selection max per board, but they don't have to use all of them if they don't feel the quality is there, the Supply board left spots unused they could have filled their last board.

JB123

It is on the dashboard it says something like "select goal per board"

@exNavyOffRec is this first board of the new fiscal year (FY22)? The federal gov fiscal year begins on Oct 1, right? Are the available spots for the fiscal year evenly divided across each board (annual hard goal to meet FY shipping goals/# of boards=max available selection per board) or can the maximum available selections per board depend on factors such as applicant volume, time of year, etc.? Also, would you be able to tell us how much the ‘selection goal per board’ currently is on the dashboard? Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec is this first board of the new fiscal year (FY22)? The federal gov fiscal year begins on Oct 1, right? Are the available spots for the fiscal year evenly divided across each board (annual hard goal to meet FY shipping goals/# of boards=max available selection per board) or can the maximum available selections per board depend on factors such as applicant volume, time of year, etc.? Also, would you be able to tell us how much the ‘selection goal per board’ currently is on the dashboard? Thanks!
FY's and Officer Recruiting don't line up like they do with enlisted recruiting so don't think of when the board is but what FY it is selecting for.

They are now trying to limit applications to a specific number per board and selections for a specific board and to a point it is even for each board, but fluctuations will exist based on hard goals that tend to come out late in the year and those who don't ship to OCS for that designator for one reason or another so time of year wouldn't be a factor.

I haven't seen the most recent dashboard, but even thought the selection number might be X, if there are a low number of applicants the board could let spots go unused if they don't think the people are good enough.

cvmm

Hi,

So i am currently an enlisted sailor with a bachelors and looking into applying for SWO. I have my checklist and I am working my way through it (currently in the middle of doing all the medical stuff.) I am hoping to have this package done and ready to submit ASAP. Not going to lie its pretty overwhelming and was wondering If I could get any advice, help and or guidance especially from someone who got recently accepted.

I have passed the OAR and even the ASTB however, my scores are not super competitive which worries me. My GPA was a 3.5 and my minor was a 3.8. so in regards to schooling I at least have that. With my military career ( I am still newish) I have never been in trouble, nor failed any PFAs of the sort.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Ericackostaa

Hi,

So i am currently an enlisted sailor with a bachelors and looking into applying for SWO. I have my checklist and I am working my way through it (currently in the middle of doing all the medical stuff.) I am hoping to have this package done and ready to submit ASAP. Not going to lie its pretty overwhelming and was wondering If I could get any advice, help and or guidance especially from someone who got recently accepted.

I have passed the OAR and even the ASTB however, my scores are not super competitive which worries me. My GPA was a 3.5 and my minor was a 3.8. so in regards to schooling I at least have that. With my military career ( I am still newish) I have never been in trouble, nor failed any PFAs of the sort.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
The OAR is just a qualifying factor for the board, as long as you have required minimum or a waiver you will be fine. I’d love to assist in any way that I can.

cvmm

The OAR is just a qualifying factor for the board, as long as you have required minimum or a waiver you will be fine. I’d love to assist in any way that I can.
Thanks so much!! I'd love that. I will email you after this underway I'll be on.

cbaran66

Hey everyone. I submitted my packet back in September, but only recently discovered this site. My recruiter is telling me that a SWO board convened in mid-October and I will hear results by Thanksgiving. I'm not able to find anything that confirms that on this site. Is my recruiter wrong about this SWO board?