• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

$

pdx

HSM Pilot
I'll throw this out, Star Trek III, great movie, not as good as II, but far better than I or V.

Uh, no, i'm NOT a nerd!

But also not as good as IV.

Don't worry, I am not a nerd either. We can be like a little support group.

Hursel110

None
I too GREATLY enjoyed Die Hard 3. I thought it was very well done, especially for a third in series. I thought Die Hard 2 was weak. Die Hard is still one of my favorite "Christmas" movies and one of the best action movies ever made (the original if you will).

Wasn't it "Die Hard With a Vengance", and not "Die Hard 3"?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Working with the Air Force can be and usually is a miserable experience - believe it.

Brett

I can't speak for the flyer side of the house, but I had a great time working with the Air Force. That is, to say, in spite of the gay factor. Turkey, Nellis, Eilson were all good times. I'm not going to miss PSAB though.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't speak for the flyer side of the house, but I had a great time working with the Air Force. That is, to say, in spite of the gay factor. Turkey, Nellis, Eilson were all good times. I'm not going to miss PSAB though.

And all their "Combat (insert actual job or purpose) Dogs" units with their ridiculous signage all over the base. Need a trench dug? Call the " 327th Combat Dirt Diggin' Dogs." How about a new LAN drop? I'm going to have to refer you to the "192nd Combat Cable Layin' Dogs." Of course you're going to need some gas in the AAR track because NKAWTG! Make sure the "Fightin' 344th Combat Gas Givin' Dogs" will be on station while you're airborne. Jesus H. Christ!

Brett

FMRAM

And all their "Combat (insert actual job or purpose) Dogs" units with their ridiculous signage all over the base. Need a trench dug? Call the " 327th Combat Dirt Diggin' Dogs." How about a new LAN drop? I'm going to have to refer you to the "192nd Combat Cable Layin' Dogs." Of course you're going to need some gas in the AAR track because NKAWTG! Make sure the "Fightin' 344th Combat Gas Givin' Dogs" will be on station while you're airborne. Jesus H. Christ!

Brett

LMAO Brett!!!

As a fellow single guy you probably know about the creature comforts that aren't posted in the base newspaper...:icon_wink

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I'll throw this out, Star Trek III, great movie, not as good as II, but far better than I or V.

Uh, no, i'm NOT a nerd!
KHAAAAN!!!!!!!

Also, not a nerd...

Three's company, we are officially incorporated as a touchy-feely-network.

FMRAM

Enough with the disclaimers...if you watch any genre of Star Trek more than twice a week, than your a nerd.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
KHAAAAN!!!!!!!

Also, not a nerd...

Three's company, we are officially incorporated as a touchy-feely-network.

I loved it when they incorporated that into the Seinfeld episode. :D

Brett

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

Brett
Don't forgot about the 233rd Combat Piss Sucker Dogs with the blue juice truck.....

Howard Airbase, Panama - 1995. My AWAN SS2 dumps the pisser down a toilet in the head. Air Farce Master Sargent gets upset because that "is not the environmental correct way to dispose of human waste generated in aircraft." Next time I land, I call Air Farce Base Ops and ask for "the 24th Piss Sucking Squadron to send a piss sucker truck out to suck our piss" They didn't see the humor. Luckily I was the det OIC and my CO had a sense of humor (and a hatred of the Air Farce).

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot

Brett

They have some fight in their name, but when they get the tasking they go call the Combat Money-Guzzling SubContractor Dogs!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Having worked with the airforce before, I can safely say that some aspects of their operations are just great (WX office Misawa, those guys rock). However, dealing with thier base ops sometimes can be a pain in the rear - very anal guys. On the other hand, you need a car and a ride to your plane, go to an AF base and they HOOK you up!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Having worked with the airforce before, I can safely say that some aspects of their operations are just great (WX office Misawa, those guys rock). However, dealing with thier base ops sometimes can be a pain in the rear - very anal guys. On the other hand, you need a car and a ride to your plane, go to an AF base and they HOOK you up!

The key to working with the air force (aside from tolerating the aforementioned gayness) is to figure out their rules, which are plenty. If you can figure it out and do what they do, life can be easy. They have great creature comforts (including those not listed for you single guys).

On that note, it seems that there is a designated minimum hotness level for the young female airmen the assign to work in base ops. World-wide, USAF base ops will be staffed with attractive and flirtatious female airmen. Go figure. (note: just because they don't have a frat policy in the air force doesn't mean that ours no longer applies.)