• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 FEB 2016

nvs

Planning on driving up from CLE, fingers crossed the snow won't be too bad then (who am I kidding?).

Jenlm

I'm just going to fly up there from New Orleans. Trying to finish my Master's before I leave so I'm not anticipating having much time to spare!

February in Rhode Island can't be any worse than the 22 years I spent in Minnesota winters! Although I have definitely become a cold whimp since living in New Orleans....this should be fun :)

Mhm. Trying to figure out if I want to chance driving from NC. Will depend in part on the weather I think. Might leave myself extra time to get up there.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Crap, I endured Great Lakes in the dead of winter!

Any advice on how to survive the cold? Buy a woobie and hope it protects you from the chill (and the occasional DI/Chief)?

Mhm. Trying to figure out if I want to chance driving from NC. Will depend in part on the weather I think. Might leave myself extra time to get up there.

I heard rumor that all travel expenses are comp'd. But, like I said, this is just rumor. I'll do some digging to see how much of it is true.

Jenlm

Yes we are reimbursed for all travel. I think there's a set amount you get based on how far you have to travel. Save all receipts if you're driving.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Yes we are reimbursed for all travel. I think there's a set amount you get based on how far you have to travel. Save all receipts if you're driving.

Cool. Does that extend to housing (i.e. Hotels) as well? I remember someone telling me how he stayed at the Navy Lodge a few days before check-in and got it comp'd. He said it helped him acclimate pretty well.

Jenlm

I do believe so. Along with gas. I know that for those of us flying, cabs to the base and such are reimbursed as well.