• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Sep 21 Supply Corps Board

Dark813Side

Contributor
Submitted for this board. Good luck to everyone that submitted!

Active Duty: LS2
Service: 6 years
OAR: 51
GPA: 3.1
BA: Business Administration: Logistics
Sex: Male
Appraisals: O6 (10's) Pilot, O6 (10's) NFO, 05 (10's) Suppo, and O4 (10's) SWO
CO Endorsement: All trait ratings Outstanding
LOR: O-4 Suppo and O-4 Intel
Evals: EP, MP, and EP
Awards: NAM (4th), Junior Sailor of the Year (2019), Blue jacket of the year (2017)
MISC: CFL, AW and EXW pins.

JoshV

no one cares about OAR, but for Supply do you have leadership, have those 3 LOR's seen you perform over at least 6 months?

Hello, curious how far leadership and overall person review goes. Can 2 good LOR's from previous CO's and one from the ASUPPO at my current command, last two evals (AD) #4 and #1 ranked E6 Eval plus college athlete team captain outweigh the following by any chance, ? 1. GPA waiver (2.96). 2. TIS waiver (9 years)/ 3. Age waiver (33 years). Curious if there is any shot.

Also, after submitting my package through email, I never got a response that it was received. is that normal?

Thanks for any help.

JoshV

Hello, curious how far leadership and overall person review goes. Can 2 good LOR's from previous CO's and one from the ASUPPO at my current command, last two evals (AD) #4 and #1 ranked E6 Eval plus college athlete team captain outweigh the following by any chance, ? 1. GPA waiver (2.96). 2. TIS waiver (9 years)/ 3. Age waiver (33 years). Curious if there is any shot.

Also, after submitting my package through email, I never got a response that it was received. is that normal?

Thanks for any help.

oh and a couple minor, in house awards of LPO of the month 3 times at my last command. prob don't hold much weight.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for any help.

First you should check with Paul to see if your application was received, they will often let you know.

Supply does look deeper into application than many other designators (SNA/SNFO/SWO) but it really depends on a few things, did NRC give a thumbs up on the waivers and what are the parameters the senior board member set for waivers. I have seen a person picked up with a GPA similar to yours, it is the TIS and age waiver that I would wonder about as well as the number of waivers, at least they aren't legal.

There have been boards where the senior member said that everyone less than a 3.0 would be a N (not Supply), other boards have had senior members make similar sweeping cuts.

Some senior members have been of the mindset if we can pick the best qualified and don't need to pick anyone that exceeds TIS or age than why do it.

It is one of those things where you just don't know when waivers are concerned.

Ktimoll

Sinnocent

Thanks for any help.
Just my opinion, but I think appraisals from individuals well known in the community and LORs from people that have supervised you directly will probably be the best focal point. I’m 33 as well, so I wouldn’t worry too much abt age. Technical knowledge in your eval write-ups will outweigh where you were ranked, I’m an E6 as well and I haven’t had a ranked EP since I was an E4, due to TIR/Transfer etc. But my write-ups show technical background and successful operational tours. It’s hard to tell what the board will look for or how they will view your waivers, but try to get LORs and appraisals speaking to Supply knowledge, leadership, platform diversity and so on

exNavyOffRec

If you are prior service going for enlisted this should give you some encouragement, a prior AD and reservist I put in as a Supply officer who never had an eval higher than MP is now a LCDR, just because you don't have EP's doesn't mean you won't get picked, and if you don't have MP's it doesn't mean you won't do well as an officer.

JoshV

Hoping for the best.

I have another question about the process. I submitted all my stuff before the August 6 date. I have now received info that my Medical was approved and so was my waivers, which is good. I was told in email that my "OCS package will be forwarded to the next eligible Supply board". Does that mean I will be on the September 13 board? or did my waiver need to be approved and submitted before august 6th.... related, where does Active duty see anything, I have heard BOL, guessing in the advancement/selection board section. Will Something populate in there showing board eligibility? For example, when you make board for E7 it shows you are part of that board months in advance and then shows the results after the board. Its my first time applying so any guidance on what happens next, or basic timeline expectations is greatly appreciated, especially curious if ill be on this board or have to wait till the December board.

Also, I have seen while glancing at other threads people talking about quotas, and total numbers applying and information that I have no clue where to look for. Thanks for all the help.

NavyFanatic32

Hoping for the best.

I have another question about the process. I submitted all my stuff before the August 6 date. I have now received info that my Medical was approved and so was my waivers, which is good. I was told in email that my "OCS package will be forwarded to the next eligible Supply board". Does that mean I will be on the September 13 board? or did my waiver need to be approved and submitted before august 6th.... related, where does Active duty see anything, I have heard BOL, guessing in the advancement/selection board section. Will Something populate in there showing board eligibility? For example, when you make board for E7 it shows you are part of that board months in advance and then shows the results after the board. Its my first time applying so any guidance on what happens next, or basic timeline expectations is greatly appreciated, especially curious if ill be on this board or have to wait till the December board.

Also, I have seen while glancing at other threads people talking about quotas, and total numbers applying and information that I have no clue where to look for. Thanks for all the help.

I believe the waiver just has to be approved before the board actually meets. Last board I got a waiver approved 2 days before the board met and I was on the board.

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
Hoping for the best.

You will not see anything in BOL or anywhere else. Your package will most likely be on the Sep 13th board and should be on the at-board list when it comes out. All you can do now is wait and hope for the best