• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Officers kicked out of Marines including Adam Ballard

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What the fuck are you talking about?
I interpreted your comment toward slug as equating "gouge" with "knowingly and deliberately cheating." If that wasn't what you meant, then I missed your point. I've occasionally overheard or read surface or sub guys seem to take a harder line towards types of gouge than most aviators. Things like talking in general terms about a test with the next class down, using old tests or lists of subjects to guide one's study, etc.

I assumed it was a difference in community mentality. Maybe I just misinterpreted what was being said/written. I'm not saying I disrespect the people who took that line; just the opposite in some cases. I just disagreed with it when I heard it, felt that it emphasized the "gamesmanship" part of education over the "teach/evaluate" part, and seemed to notice it coming more from the non-aviation side of the house than the aviation side. Maybe I'm totally out to lunch, but that was just my impression, which is admittedly coming from a position of partial ignorance.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
My OCS Company had about 35% attrition...TBS, we only had two, both of which got booted after they were leadership drops a second time...

VTAMT8

He may be many things, but a pussy is not one of them.

Or maybe it is. Because instead of manning up, admitting he made a mistake and taking responsibility for his actions he'd rather claim that his punishment is "too harsh," beg for his job back and try to taint the reputation of the rest of the Officer Corps. He knew the rules and he broke them. Tough shit.

I'm betting that he just doesn't want to actually have to pay for his school.

Fuck em.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Or maybe it is. Because instead of manning up, admitting he made a mistake and taking responsibility for his actions he'd rather claim that his punishment is "too harsh," beg for his job back and try to taint the reputation of the rest of the Officer Corps. He knew the rules and he broke them. Tough shit.

I'm betting that he just doesn't want to actually have to pay for his school.

Fuck em.

1st Post. Nice.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot

I don't know where your meter sits, but as an officer in the USMC, he's a pussy.

Sure, he probably hits hard (with pads on) and can probably lift a ton of weights in the weight room. Shit, he'd probably even beat me up (like we were in jr high or something), BUT:

He has ZERO integrity, no backbone, and can't just take his lashing like a man. Ergo, pussy.

What's that old acronym? JJ DID TIE BUCKLE...ya, he's missing a few.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm guessing the "Juan Garcia" in the article is the same guy who was flying as a reserve IP in Corpus when I went through......him being a local congressman and all. I mean, there can't be 2 right? :) I guess the question is whether he thinks Ballard made MIF....

One and the same.

sfrankie08

pilot
Yeah he didn't take responsibility for his actions at school either. All he worried about was football, even when he was hurt, and he got away with it. When you are used to being treated like that, where failing doesn't matter and you will still be "passed" along, you get used to it and used to not having to put in the effort. Please don't think I am excusing him, what he did (both at school) and as a fresh JO were ridiculous. He knew better. They all did.
The only reason he would be "trying" to get back in the Corps is so he doesn't have to pay back the loan/school time. His goal has always been to make it Pro, just like Kyle Eckel.

So..PUSSY = YES

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
I never understood the "signed statement" argument. I have signed some pretty stupid shit in my short career, and I'm already getting tired of it. Like those ORM sheet about drinking and driving.

The reason they make you sign stuff is not to magically prevent all misconduct, it is so you can be brought up on charges for ART 92, disobeying order/regulation if a problem comes up. It makes it easier if there is a signed acknowledgement that you were 100% aware of the order/regulation.

phrogpilot73

Sorry, but I'm with these guys:

Because instead of manning up, admitting he made a mistake and taking responsibility for his actions he'd rather claim that his punishment is "too harsh," beg for his job back and try to taint the reputation of the rest of the Officer Corps.

I don't know where your meter sits, but as an officer in the USMC, he's a pussy.

He has ZERO integrity, no backbone, and can't just take his lashing like a man. Ergo, pussy.

So..PUSSY = YES

I've been an Officer in the Marines for over 12 years. I haven't knowingly broken any rules, and if I have made a mistake - I've owned up to it and took my punishment like a man.

Yup, he can play a "game" pretty well. He can run short distances with a ball, get tackled and block/tackle while wearing pads. I've faced my own mortality in the performance of my "duties". He doesn't know what the fuck a "duty" is. He's a fucking pussy.