• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Officers kicked out of Marines including Adam Ballard

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Utter douchebags. Day landnav is not even that hard. It's even fun if you let it be. And the problem isn't widespread like the lying douche jock is trying to say. There are too many good people there for that sort of thing to get by large scale. He better be paying back his tuiton.

Five of them were women. Must have been roommates.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what's the difference between this and using gouge?

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
"They discovered that several of the Marines’ wrong answers matched correct answers from the old test, Col. George W. Smith Jr., TBS commander, told Navy Times."

Robert Hoover: We're in trouble. I just checked with the guys at the Jewish house and they said that every one of our answers on the Psych test was wrong.
Boon: Every one? [looks at Bluto and D-Day]
Boon: Those assholes must have stolen the wrong fucking exam!

3260832478_cfd17334b2.jpg

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Using a matrix to fill in an answer sheet instead of plotting points and finding your way through the Quantico highlands to find your boxes is cheating.
But wouldn't you still have to actually find the boxes?

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, you would just take a nap out in the woods for a few hours, then write in the answers and pretend to be sweaty when you turn your card in.
Ok, I think I understand now. Yeah, that's cheating. Fuck em.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Land Nav: Not that difficult, and not worth paying back an education for. Fail.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
he said. “At the point of friction, you may not have a GPS signal . . .

Where's that buzzword thread?

WRT this thread I agree, cheat on something like that and see ya later. It's not quite different from taking a crowbar to a safe, only harder to figure it out . . .

gotta_fly

pilot
From the article:

Smith recommended that all 13 Marines tied to the scam be administratively discharged. That decision, he said, was approved by the commanding generals of Training and Education Command and Marine Corps Combat Development Command, Commandant Gen. James Conway and by Juan Garcia, assistant secretary of the Navy for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.
“The commandant has made it clear that we can tolerate many things, but not integrity violations,” said Lt. Col. Matthew McLaughlin, a Marine spokesman based at the Pentagon. “Personal integrity is the heart of Marine Corps leadership.”

Did I miss the Navy press release where we announced decisive action regarding the various criminal offenders in A-Pool and reaffirmed the fact that integrity is a must in the officer corps? I don't know enough about the circumstances to comment on the offense (although it sounds shady for sure) but I'm impressed with the way big MC handled it.

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
How hard is it to get kicked out of TBS in general? I've been told that 10% on average earn an administrative discharge for one reason or another. Seems high to me.

Glad to see that the USMC is preserving its core values.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
How hard is it to get kicked out of TBS in general? I've been told that 10% on average earn an administrative discharge for one reason or another. Seems high to me.

I really doubt the number is anywhere near 10%. In my company there was one I can think of out of 260. There were a few others who were rolled to another company but even if all of them wound up getting kicked out it would still be nowhere near 10%. You have to be an utter shitbag or a criminal to get kicked out at TBS

edit: also, these guys are getting what they deserve. They told us several times that cheating, and on land nav in particular will get your crank stomped, and that they are looking for it and have found it in the past.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor

You pretty much can't get canned for performance. It's almost always character flaws. DUI, cheating, etcetera. 10% is way high. It can't be any higher than about 2%, and that's with medical discharges included.

10% is closer to attrition for OCS. You can get dropped out of there for farting wrong. 10% is on the low end depending on when you look.