• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Officers kicked out of Marines including Adam Ballard

bigwill2876

There is NO obligation that attaches to deciding to attend NAPS. Kids from high school (like Ballard) can leave at any time with nothing attached to their decision.

Thinking that this attaches in any way to Navy football, shows your animosity to athletes as 2 of 13 are being separated that had anything to do with Navy football, the vast majority had none. So who is more culpable ? Regular Academ grads or 2 footballers.

Having watched Ballard for 5 years (NAPS and USNA), I can tell you that his chances of making an NFL team are slim and none at best. He is not exceptionally large nor exceptionally fast (for the NFL, not USNA) and will have to be signed to a free agent contract, while NFL camps are starting very soon with their camp lineups set except for signing their respective draft choices.

Seeing that service selection Naval Aviation are being tossed aside in large nubmers thru no fault of their own, other than chosing that service selection, leaves me with no thoughts that anyone should be forced to repay the "eduction" at this time...

HueyCobra8151

pilot
...and "false official statement," to be more on point. Not knowing a regulation isn't a defense for breaking it.

Not to be nitpicky, but there are several potential specifications under article 92. Knowledge is an element unless it is a general order.

(eg: Col X could write an order saying "Don't smoke spice" [the latest designer drug] and it would have to be proven that a Marine KNEW he wasn't allowed to smoke it. If Gen Y said the same thing it would not have to be proven that he knew about the order.)

exhelodrvr

pilot
"shows your animosity to athletes as 2 of 13 are being separated that had anything to do with Navy football, the vast majority had none. So who is more culpable ? Regular Academ grads or 2 footballers."

You might want to look at the number of football players vs total number of graduates; I don't think you're strengthening your argument with that point.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Seeing that service selection Naval Aviation are being tossed aside in large nubmers thru no fault of their own, other than chosing that service selection, leaves me with no thoughts that anyone should be forced to repay the "eduction" at this time...

Guess what, being asked to leave because the pipeline is overmanned is a world of difference than fucking up your integrity and getting the boot. Ballard should pay back every penny.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Thinking that this attaches in any way to Navy football, shows your animosity to athletes as 2 of 13 are being separated that had anything to do with Navy football, the vast majority had none. So who is more culpable ? Regular Academ grads or 2 footballers.

A lot of athletes would have no business being at their schools if they weren't able to play a sport, and the reason why they are there is to represent their school.

A school cannot cherry pick the situations when they are acting as representatives, be it Marcus Vick, Tim Tebow, or this piece of shit that needs to suck start a shotgun.

sfrankie08

pilot
...his chances of making an NFL team are slim and none at best
Exactly...especially with his performance senior year after his ankle injury. He lost speed and he got scared of getting hit/going up the middle. He may do better than Kyle Eckel simply because he is a bit bigger, but I don't think he is going to be making the big bucks even if he does make a team and stays healthy..

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
What rule did he break in order to get banned?
Failure to fill out profile and looks like he was trolling within his first 4 posts here. I’m sure A4s can fill in the details better than I, but that is what I see.

That's not to mention he had only been here for 5 days total before being banned.

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Women were also disproportionately represented. That doesn't mean that womankind is of weaker moral fiber.

Flugelman

Contributor
What rule did he break in order to get banned?

To A4s

Your attack in bold type is ridiculous. Why don't you also type in "all caps" to assist in intimidating and bullying posters here that might think differently than you do, sport? I saw you deleted the names days ago and that was fine as I had never posted here before. Your attack days later after I posted something different on a dead thread obviously upset you. Whether I place any information in my profile to give "credence" or not is really up to me and not some bully poster like yourself. Are you the thought police?

CLEAR? CRYSTAL? Groovy

Words...

FVck with the bull, get the horns....:(

We were posting at the same time...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Failure to fill out profile and looks like he was trolling within his first 4 posts here. I’m sure A4s can fill in the details better than I, but that is what I see.

That's not to mention he had only been here for 5 days total before being banned.
Pretty much. We (mods) ask people to fill out their profile due to the serial problems we've had with poseurs and such (Skeeterman, Snort, et al). If you're gonna talk smack about someone else on a public forum, to include using their names, without identifying who you are and why we should take you seriously, that's two party fouls right there. Telling a moderator to go pound sand when they call you on said party foul, well . . . three strikes and you're out.