• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Anyone else find it disgusting how many news outlets are making the shooter out to be some victim of psychological torture?

I suppose it's to be expected in a way, but c'mon...the guy just went on a killing spree, and you want to talk about how he feels?

Presently, there is no motive. Of course they are going to speculate on how he feels because they are trying to understand why it happened.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Don't make me come get you, too, HAL! I'm back, I'm PMSing and I'm ready for a fight!
Unlike Pickle, I have the power to shut you up.....What will it be? 1 day, 3 days, a week? Permanent? :D

Pickle - you can throw a number out too if you want.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
As I was running on the treadmill at the gym watching the TV (reading captions), I read that this guy had repeatedly expresssed that he wanted out of the military and did not support the war we are currently in. It said that he offered to buy out his military contract to get out of the military and even had hired an attorney in his efforts to do so. It said that his request was denied and the case dismissed. Now, I take everything I hear on CNN or any other news broadcast with a grain of salt. However, if those reports are true, the government asked for this (so to speak) to happen and those who ignored this guys requests should be paying the price. If this is true, THE SIGNS WERE THERE.

I would have to agree with Otto here. There are actually quite a few people who want out of their contracts, disagree with the war, and who want out. But this isn't a civilian job you can just quit, the military puts money into you, and needs a good return. Since the Army doesn't exactly have a surplus of people joining, they're going to keep who they can. Think logistically here, it should be obvious. "Asked for this..." Really? Guess the grenade incident in 2003 with the 101st (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81898,00.html) should have taught us to let disgruntled soldiers get out. You got bad juju

Mos

None
I'm angry as well at this murderous coward and hope he gets the death sentence for this. But IMHO, if this guy was disturbed enough to shoot up a dozen of his fellow soldiers, then I think it's likely he's been unfit for service for some time. No doubt, this major is the enemy and he is no victim. But perhaps there is a lesson to be learned in knowing when someone is crossing the line and becoming a serious liability because they're being held to their service obligation.

kito

The little prick by being such a freaking coward just took his nearly 0% chance of dying as a psychiatrist behind the wire in the sandbox to a nearly 100% chance of death in the U.S.A.

That's the truth right there. There's a lot of speculation and raw emotion going on out there right now, but what's undeniable is this guy was a whackjob. He's one of those who've flown over the cuckoo's nest. Everything else is pretty much speculation at this point.

Sad incident. Some of those soldiers were probably returning safely from the sandbox, only to encounter this on our own soil. Here's hoping for a quick recovery for the wounded.

Angels

Contributor
I know Ken_gone_flying pretty well ;) :D and I think this is a case of misinterpreting a post. Clearly the fault of this heinous crime is that of the shooter and the shooter alone. However there were apparently red flags/warning signs. Of course the government can not allow every John/Jane Smith to opt out of their contract. I think someone said he should of finished out his contract honorabley but it wasn't looking like that was going to happen. This wasn't just someone bitching about a shitty situation on Air Warriors. At what point do you take his complaning/legal action seriously? When watching the news I also thought someone should have realized this guy was not only a threat to himself but to others as well. My prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims and to all who this has affected. I know I had a false sense I guess of security whenever I am on base. Bad shit can happen anywhere. :(

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Unlike Pickle, I have the power to shut you up.....What will it be? 1 day, 3 days, a week? Permanent? :D

Pickle - you can throw a number out too if you want.

No worries HAL...I have something to keep her mouth occupied for a few days...

Cleonard19

Contributor
Don't worry, the day his ass gets shipped off to USDB @ Leavenworth, he'll wish to god they shot him the first time around...