• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

jtmedli

pilot
The little prick by being such a freaking coward just took his nearly 0% chance of dying as a psychiatrist behind the wire in the sandbox to a nearly 100% chance of death in the U.S.A.

God I hope his big burly future cell mate makes him his snuggle monkey butt toy before his day in hell.

Henderson, If we ever meet in person...I owe you a beer/drink of your choice for this one.

I just added "snuggle monkey butt toy" to my list of favorite metaphors ever.

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
Wow.

First Muslim Squad Commander. He beat me to it :D

My friend served with him as a flight doc while on the Stennis. From what I gather, CDR Khan is a standup guy and an American patriot.

As I said before, they are not all bad...

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Anyone else find it disgusting how many news outlets are making the shooter out to be some victim of psychological torture?

I suppose it's to be expected in a way, but c'mon...the guy just went on a killing spree, and you want to talk about how he feels?

Psychological torture? Are you talking about the discussion that he may have burned out as a PTSD doc? Mental health professionals have a pretty high burnout rate, and it's not implausible that it was a contributing factor.

How is listing one's self Palestinian "anti-western" (especially on a Muslim matchmaking form)? From what I saw last night, his folks were described as emigrants from Jordan, so it's completely plausible that they were Palestinian refugees.

Edit: and it turns out his parents were originally from a Palestinian town near Jerusalem.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Psychological torture? Are you talking about the discussion that he may have burned out as a PTSD doc? Mental health professionals have a pretty high burnout rate, and it's not implausible that it was a contributing factor.
Not you too!

Look, almost every article I've read on the subject starts going into how he had a grueling life, how he wanted out of his next assignment soooo bad but big bad military wouldn't listen, etc, etc. It's making excuses and building sympathy for someone who is a mass murderer.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Every few months we read about another story about fragicide from a fucktard who converted to Islam or has a Middle Eastern name, and every time I read it my heart sinks, because it means that's just another event that will be associated to my Arabic name.

Wow. Selfish much?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is firing squad still an option? That would be all too appropriate in this case.

No, it is not. Lethal injection is the only method used by the US military for capital punishment. There are nine people on the military's currently on death row but no servicememebr has been executed since 1961, one was supposed to be executed last year but he was granted a stay. While it is anti-death penalty, this site this seems to have good info.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Wow. Selfish much?

I wouldn't call that selfish. For somebody who wants to serve and does not want to be associated with those asshole extremists how does that make him selfish? I would say it makes him self conscious about his name which is somewhat understandable when shit like this goes down...

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Tranny, thank you for that background info. However, I was referring to "slow your ROLE" as seen in the Urban Dictionary found here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slow your role

"Slow Your Role" is also a song performed by the Dogg Pound.

Sorry, I felt the need to clarify.

It's "slow your roll" and "know your role." The latter was coined by The Rock when he was wrestling. As for the former, I wouldn't trust the Dogg Pound on spelling or grammatical usage.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

How is listing one's self Palestinian "anti-western" (especially on a Muslim matchmaking form)? From what I saw last night, his folks were described as emigrants from Jordan, so it's completely plausible that they were Palestinian refugees.

Edit: and it turns out his parents were originally from a Palestinian town near Jerusalem.

Not you too!

Look, almost every article I've read on the subject starts going into how he had a grueling life, how he wanted out of his next assignment soooo bad but big bad military wouldn't listen, etc, etc. It's making excuses and building sympathy for someone who is a mass murderer.
Just going over some of this stuff it looks like he's setting up for a mental defect case. If that is what is going on his arm will most likely not see the needle.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Haven't had time to read all the threads, but based on the coverages on Fox/CNN & local paper, this fellow should have been dismissed from the Army at about any time since 9/11. The Army made a huge mistake providing him 4 yrs of military med school and 2+ residency, but based on his attitudes alone they should have cut their losses & dismissed him for the good of the service.

P.S. Nation & State of Texas need to give a medal to Ft. Hood police Sgt. Kimberley Munley who, despite being shot in the hip herself, shot Hasan 4 times & then subdued him. What a warrior.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Henderson, If we ever meet in person...I owe you a beer/drink of your choice for this one.

I just added "snuggle monkey butt toy" to my list of favorite metaphors ever.

J, offer accepted. If you're really all about getting me a drink however, a shipment of beer isn't tooooo over the top in my eyes.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. Selfish much?
Yeah, because being worried some bigot is going to discriminate against you is being selfish. Come on.

<-- Would not have been openly advertising his German ethnicity if alive during the World Wars, either

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
I motion that Major Fuckwad, to start of with, be officially stripped of his United States citizenship. I do vaguely remember reading something in the U.S. Passport that fighting for a foreign force (which in essence is what he did committing a Jihadi act) is an act of relinquishing your citizenship.