• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

E26

This really doesn't bode well for Muslim Americans who serve with us. Shit like this happens and however wrong the profiling is, this doesn't really give them a leg to stand on unfortunately. A few nutjobs can ruin it for everyone.

I've just started the process towards my application for BDCP. It's the result of 20 years of hard work, dreaming, planning, and lately, action. I just hope the board doesn't see my middle eastern name and heritage and instantly turn me away. Unfortunately some of the responses here aren't too reassuring. I hoped for Officers with college degrees, some intelligence and openmindedness would be required. My fault for hoping.

Nonetheless, from someone who comes from the apparent "religion of intolerance", my condolences to the family of both the shooter and the families of the victims.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I've just started the process towards my application for BDCP. It's the result of 20 years of hard work, dreaming, planning, and lately, action. I just hope the board doesn't see my middle eastern name and heritage and instantly turn me away. Unfortunately some of the responses here aren't too reassuring. I hoped for Officers with college degrees, some intelligence and openmindedness would be required. My fault for hoping.

Nonetheless, from someone who comes from the apparent "religion of hate", my condolences to the family of both the shooter and the families of the victims.

Now, if you knew anything, you would have known that you were responding to a post by a person with a similar heritage to your own ...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

Nonetheless, from someone who comes from the apparent "religion of hate", my condolences to the family of both the shooter and the families of the victims.

WTF? Get a grip man. People are riled up and have every right to be. For you to insult the fine gentlemen on this board is extremely revealing of your character. "Openmindedness" is not the name of the game here. Remember every American citizen has the RIGHT to be close-minded.

exhelodrvr

pilot

If you were responsible for protecting the country in today's world, and were concerned about stopping terrorist attacks that originated from both internal and external sources, where would you concentrate your intelligence resources?

E26

Now, if you knew anything, you would have known that you were responding to a post by a person with a similar heritage to your own ...

I was agreeing to his post in that this won't bode to well for the Muslim Americans already serving, and as stated I only hope it doesn't negatively affect me merely because of my name and heritage.

Nonetheless, I didn't know, and now I do. It's all a learning process after all.

If you were responsible for protecting the country in today's world, and were concerned about stopping terrorist attacks that originated from both internal and external sources, where would you concentrate your intelligence resources?

The middle east, undoubtedly. I won't deny it. But to make such bold claims like "we would have annihilated and irradiated these [muslim] fucks already" really reinforces ones intelligence. I simply fear that I will be judged by people with such prejudices, and thus have my dreams limited and possibly denied due to ignorance.

In the end, like A4s said, "He was just an asshole". It wasn't his religion or culture, considering he was raised in the US and apparently wasn't a very devout muslim [lest till his parents died]. The guy was just a douchbag.

WTF? Get a grip man. People are riled up and have every right to be. For you to insult the fine gentlemen on this board is extremely revealing of your character. "Openmindedness" is not the name of the game here. Remember every American citizen has the RIGHT to be close-minded.

I agree, and I feel I should apologize for making my first few posts on this board so controversial. I've been a long time reader and have used the information on here like a bible. However, I'm sure you can place yourself in my shoes, and just as you are outraged, I am similarly worried. Every few months we read about another story about fragicide from a fucktard who converted to Islam or has a Middle Eastern name, and every time I read it my heart sinks, because it means that's just another event that will be associated to my Arabic name.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
E26 said:
I agree, and I feel I should apologize for making my first few posts on this board so controversial. I've been a long time reader and have used the information on here like a bible. However, I'm sure you can place yourself in my shoes, and just as you are outraged, I am similarly worried. Every few months we read about another story about fragicide from a fucktard who converted to Islam or has a Middle Eastern name, and every time I read it my heart sinks, because it means that's just another event that will be associated to my Arabic name.

The word you are looking for is fratricide.

Here's what you need to do in this situation. Stand up tall and represent yourself and your heritage. Make sure that everyone around you knows that YOU are an upstanding citizen and that you do not condone such actions of violence and treachery.

There will always be those quick to point fingers and profile but even in those circumstances it should be your prerogative to make sure you maintain yourself in a manner that would depict you and whoever you choose to associate with in a good light. Don't let this instance of madness get you down. Just be prepared for a bump in the road. It's an obstacle to overcome.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Ken, I think the expression is "slow you're roll." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it came from the popular ace-deuce tactic (slow rolling) of keeping all of your pieces on your side of the board and thus denying the better and more aggressive player from quickly advancing his pieces and taking your money. A tactic I regretfully relied on during cruise. Oh yeah, stop the AW hate everyone.

Tranny, thank you for that background info. However, I was referring to "slow your ROLE" as seen in the Urban Dictionary found here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slow your role

"Slow Your Role" is also a song performed by the Dogg Pound.

Sorry, I felt the need to clarify.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/05/nadal-malik-hasan-key-det_n_347748.html
http://cbs5.com/national/fort.hood.shooting.2.1294441.html

This is the first I heard of FBI agents looking into him after some internet posts. Comparing suicide bombers to the men who have saved comrades by diving on grenades is sheer idiocy.

The second link isn't as good--we know he was Muslim at this point, but it claims we don't know that yet. Anyway, if he had truly been scared of deploying, I feel like he wouldn't have made what almost ended as a suicide attack.

E26

The word you are looking for is fratricide.

Yes, yes it is :D

Don't let this instance of madness get you down. Just be prepared for a bump in the road. It's an obstacle to overcome.

It is another obstacle, just hate that it's one thats so easily avoidable. But my apologies for introducing myself into a board filled with people I admire in such a negative manner. Now back to the issue at hand.

exhelodrvr

pilot
E26 said:
I simply fear that I will be judged by people with such prejudices, and thus have my dreams limited and possibly denied due to ignorance.

That won't happen, you will be judged on the merits of your application. But it is reasonable that you be investigated more thoroughly than someone who doesn't have your background.

The problem, though, is that it isn't just an occasional asshole - it's a significant percentage, surrounded by a greater number who provide "cover," some because of fear, some because they agree in principle but aren't willing to be active participants.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
The question that begs to be asked....but never will be in the press about the crescent mooned Doc....what mosque was he attending??
I don't buy the fact that this man was "disgruntled" about being deployed. I'll put my neck on the chopping block for saying it. I think that this is an out and out fucking lie.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Yes, yes it is :D

It is another obstacle, just hate that it's one thats so easily avoidable. But my apologies for introducing myself into a board filled with people I admire in such a negative manner. Now back to the issue at hand.

The USN will except all shapes sizes and colors....as long as you piss excellance. And I'm sure you do. So don't sweat the petty, pet the sweaty.
Indubitably,
Mumbles

Reactions: E26

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
The question that begs to be asked....but never will be in the press about the crescent mooned Doc....what mosque was he attending??
I don't buy the fact that this man was "disgruntled" about being deployed. I'll put my neck on the chopping block for saying it. I think that this is an out and out fucking lie.
Well there's not a lot of info.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/05/AR2009110505543.html?hpid=topnews

I doubt that they preached violence, but it's doubtful we'll ever know exactly what was being taught there.

Also I note that in the link I posted up the page a bit he listed his nationality as Palestinian at the mosque despite not being Palestinian at all. To me that shows a strong anti-western bias, but I could be wrong.