• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does DoD still execute people by firing squad? Because I think FoF has a point - not only has he committed murder in cold blood, but by fighting for an enemy force in time of war, treason as well.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does DoD still execute people by firing squad? Because I think FoF has a point - not only has he committed murder in cold blood, but by fighting for an enemy force in time of war, treason as well.

No.

No, it is not. Lethal injection is the only method used by the US military for capital punishment. There are nine people on the military's currently on death row but no servicememebr has been executed since 1961, one was supposed to be executed last year but he was granted a stay. While it is anti-death penalty, this site this seems to have good info.

And saying that he is 'fighting for an enemy force' in wartime is probably not a realistic argument, legally or otherwise, for a myriad of reasons.

No.

And saying that he is 'fighting for an enemy force' in wartime is probably not a realistic argument, legally or otherwise, for a myriad of reasons.

Legally, probably- but I would argue that the nature of the war we are fighting right now warrants a new definition for "enemy force".

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
What a dark mark on my alma mater's honor. I can't believe this guy screened past his initial commitment.

I'm also tired of hearing about how "he was upset about his upcoming deployment and the possibility that he might have to kill another muslim." Give me a fucking break, anderson cooper...he's a doctor. When's the last time anyone saw a MD go outside the wire with a kevlar and an M4? What's worse I've heard more sob stories about johnny jeehawd in the past day than I have about any of the victims. Light him him up or put him in Leavenworth with the sodomites.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Give me a fucking break, anderson cooper...he's a doctor. When's the last time anyone saw a MD go outside the wire with a kevlar and an M4? What's worse I've heard more sob stories about johnny jeehawd in the past day than I have about any of the victims. Light him him up or put him in Leavenworth with the sodomites.

:thumbup_1 Well said

Markg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33704314/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/?GT1=43001

Wow. This particular article is really pushing the idea that he was a "victim" and a man who had been pushed too far. I'm not the type likely jump to conclusions, and make premature assumptions, and I kept my mouth shut about this topic up until now, but this particular article is freakin disgusting. They go on and on about how he was an honest man who initially wanted to serve his country, and do his duty as an American, but than says that this resulted mainly from him receiving mistreatment from fellow soliders since he was a Muslim and because he disagreed with the war effort. I dont care how much someone is fucked with, there is a fine line between the people who deal with it and move on and the ones who decide to pick up a gun and take lives, especially those of random people. He was an Army phsyciatrist going to Iraq, what the hell was he afraid of? I just find it appaling how they go on and on, interviewing his family about how he was a good and trustworthy man. Fuck this guy.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Ironically, he's probably going to be living longer (life) in KS than he would if he did this outside of the gates (electricution) in TX.
No, it would be lethal injection if convicted. I think it's too bad that he wasn't killed as suspected, as you said he'll probably live longer now. I don’t know the whole story but it sounds like he wasn’t too mentally stable and his lawyer will most likely pursue that area for a defense.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
MarkG:
Consider the source. The article you cited was from msnbc, the most consistently reliable liberally-biased news source out there. Of course, he was a victim.

note: sorry, the original source was the New York Times , a separate head-case all its own.