• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

jjg

Your ASTB scores are right there on the norm. I would aim for 7s at least on the AQR and PFAR. A lot of people applied for this board.
I'm on the SWO board for August and I remember you saying there was a rumor for the required 2nd or higher choice no longer being a thing. Has anything happened to that or am I SOL for that too?

MatthewG08

I'm keeping track of everyone's results as they come in (just cause I have a thing for stats) so I colored coded it and made some edits to this spreadsheet, (go numbers). Maybe it'll help the following Aviation board's applicants get an idea of stats they look for.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14fPQt21GTik_ZxMa7JMGZYFUppt3sufKRlz7y_3UK9k/edit?usp=sharing
I updated my stats for the spreadsheet
  • APPLYING: SNA
  • B.A.: Aeronautical Science: ERAU
  • GPA: 3.47
  • OAR: 43
  • ASTB: 4/5/3
  • ENL: USN AD1
  • INTERVIEWS: O-6, O-6, O-5
  • LORs: O-5, O-3
  • BOARD: 11 July 2017, first try
  • PROREC: Y 14July17
  • FINSEL: TBD
  • OCS DATE: TBD

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.

USC6217

I updated my stats for the spreadsheet
  • APPLYING: SNA
  • B.A.: Aeronautical Science: ERAU
  • GPA: 3.47
  • OAR: 43
  • ASTB: 4/5/3
  • ENL: USN AD1
  • INTERVIEWS: O-6, O-6, O-5
  • LORs: O-5, O-3
  • BOARD: 11 July 2017, first try
  • PROREC: Y 14July17
  • FINSEL: TBD
  • OCS DATE: TBD

Wow, I'm honestly amazed that you got selected with those scores. Also, as the USMC version of AD, what platform do you work on?

MatthewG08

Wow, I'm honestly amazed that you got selected with those scores. Also, as the USMC version of AD, what platform do you work on?
I was surprised as well as my chain of command. I had several people in my chain suggest I wait and take the ASTB again but I'm getting close to the age limit even with a waiver. LOL I told them I take their advice but kindly defer to my own judgment and roll the dice on this one. The MO didn't like that too much. I scored the minimums for pilot but I guess my other stuff made up for it.

I work O level. I have worked mainly C-2A aircraft but I have the NEC (MOS) for E2-C aircraft. So I guess my platform is props if that answers that. Right now I work at a test squadron with 13 TMS it's really crazy to keep up with all those. Good thing the civilians do the maintenance here.

It's likely your application didn't make it to the board. I would have your OR follow up, I had one who was PROBOARD, on the board list but not on the results list. We're in WTF mode right now.

Thanks for your reply. I submitted my packet a long time ago, ahead of the deadline. My recruiter said that there are other applicants in the same situation. Will they update the selected or non-select list? My recruiter said this has never happened in his office.