• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

justheretocreep

Has anyone got final select yet? I think it's still early for that though.

I haven't got final select yet but yesterday I got tagged in an email sent to my skipper asking her when I can detach from her command and leave for OCS. I'm assuming once she says immediately I might receive my final select letter probably stating I'm heading to the August 6th class up.

Of course that's all hypothetical but probably a fair guess.

Finesse Squid

I just got the call from my recruiter that I was selected as NFO. I applied hoping to be a Pilot (SNA). I'm thinking I'll turn it down retake the ASTB reapply and hope for the best during the next board.

MatthewG08

I haven't got final select yet but yesterday I got tagged in an email sent to my skipper asking her when I can detach from her command and leave for OCS. I'm assuming once she says immediately I might receive my final select letter probably stating I'm heading to the August 6th class up.

Of course that's all hypothetical but probably a fair guess.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for something like that.

Did you get anything official for the PQ?

I got an email from the guy that accepts the package that I'm PQ but no memos

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I just got the call from my recruiter that I was selected as NFO. I applied hoping to be a Pilot (SNA). I'm thinking I'll turn it down retake the ASTB reapply and hope for the best during the next board.

Why did you list NFO on your application? If you turn down NFO your chances of ever getting selected become slim to none, despite your stats.

In the end, the navy offered you a commissioning and you turned it down. You will need to explain that if you choose to reapply.

Finesse Squid

Why did you list NFO on your application? If you turn down NFO your chances of ever getting selected become slim to none, despite your stats.

In the end, the navy offered you a commissioning and you turned it down. You will need to explain that if you choose to reapply.

That's the thing. Before I even applied my recruiter asked me whether I wanted to list both and I told him only list Pilot. When he called me he explained that it seems strange but that sometimes it happens.

justheretocreep

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for something like that.

Did you get anything official for the PQ?

I got an email from the guy that accepts the package that I'm PQ but no memos

Nah the only thing I've received is that email although I just got a call from my command asking when I want to leave and I said ASAP and they made mention of a July 31st class up. Although they also mentioned they would prefer me leave in September so I can finish out my drill year before I leave, so really it is up to them as they still own me for now. The good thing though is the gears are moving quickly so a final select letter with my class date should be coming very soon, hopefully.

jjg

Stats? Did you need a waiver? How old are you?
52 6/6/6
3.4 gpa Comp Science
5 LORs (former f-18 pilot, professors, past employers)
Just turned 23 and have no waivers besides from a broken arm and root canal. I realize my stats are't eye catching.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
52 6/6/6
3.4 gpa Comp Science
5 LORs (former f-18 pilot, professors, past employers)
Just turned 23 and have no waivers besides from a broken arm and root canal. I realize my stats are't eye catching.

Your ASTB scores are right there on the norm. I would aim for 7s at least on the AQR and PFAR. A lot of people applied for this board.