• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

MatthewG08

I'm keeping track of everyone's results as they come in (just cause I have a thing for stats) so I colored coded it and made some edits to this spreadsheet, (go numbers). Maybe it'll help the following Aviation board's applicants get an idea of stats they look for.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14fPQt21GTik_ZxMa7JMGZYFUppt3sufKRlz7y_3UK9k/edit?usp=sharing
Looking at the spread sheet I'm surprised I made it lol I had the lowest ASTB but I think the board looks at more than that but also I heard ASTB holds the most weight then interview appraisals then evals for AD, GPA plays a factor too I think. I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate but that's what my former CO told me during my interview with him.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm on the SWO board for August and I remember you saying there was a rumor for the required 2nd or higher choice no longer being a thing. Has anything happened to that or am I SOL for that too?

Your GPA and OAR are solid for SWO. I can see them go any way with your stats.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Thanks for your reply. I submitted my packet a long time ago, ahead of the deadline. My recruiter said that there are other applicants in the same situation. Will they update the selected or non-select list? My recruiter said this has never happened in his office.

We don't know. Many times in the past the applicants just roll in to the next board.

Safashton

I haven't got final select yet but yesterday I got tagged in an email sent to my skipper asking her when I can detach from her command and leave for OCS. I'm assuming once she says immediately I might receive my final select letter probably stating I'm heading to the August 6th class up.

Of course that's all hypothetical but probably a fair guess.

Ya, so based on my understanding our final selects are attached with OCS ship date. Myself, CO, and XO got that email as well. You can request to wait a little while if needed. For example, were putting my Release date as of December 1st, which will allow me to be home for the birth of my baby boy in October and as well as be home for that first miserable month.

Safashton

I just got the call from my recruiter that I was selected as NFO. I applied hoping to be a Pilot (SNA). I'm thinking I'll turn it down retake the ASTB reapply and hope for the best during the next board.

According to Rufio181, turning down a selection significantly hurts your chances of future selection. So guess depends on how bad you want to be a pilot in the navy and not in the navy at all.

hdr777

pilot
Graduate after fall semester (December 16th) hoping I can get an OCS date as close to graduation as possible. Florida boy going up to Rhode Island in the dead of winter, that should go over well.

The way it's been explained to me is you can't get a date until your degree is conferred and shows up on your transcript. My school said not to expect that until mid-late Janrary, even though graduation is December 20th.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
PROREC-Y, SNA.

To everybody who got what they wanted, I congratulate you. However, remain humble. Do this not only for the sake of those who didn't get what they wanted out of this, but for your own sake - the hardest parts are still to come.

To those for whom this didn't go how you would've liked - remember that if the idea of you getting involved in military aviation were an impossibility, your packet would've never been sent to this board. Don't give up. Exhaust all possibilities. Also, check this article out: https://fightersweep.com/4765/make-them-tell-you-no/

BZ to you all!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Here might be a few of you in here who's application was never reviewed. NRC had a glitch in their system where some applications never made it. They are aware and there's a possibility these applications might be reviewed as soon as last week.

For those who didn't make the July deadline, your applications will be reviewed in the fall.