• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11APR2022 SWO Board

notajtac

First time applying -
Active duty 5 years - Coast Guard and Army.
Coast Guard ME, Army Forward Observer
Age 31.
GPA 3.2
BA: Poli Sci
OAR 45
LORS Marine O6, Navy O6, Army O5.

Strong ties to the SWO Community, my uncle was a SWO for 30 years, my father earned his SWO status while serving in the CG.

Don't know how I feel about it all. OAR is lower than I want but I'm studying to take it again if I have to. Everyone says they have a strong motivational statement, I think mine is good but that's for others to decide. Recruiter said there is a good chance but of course as we wait the next 59+ plus days for results I'm going to be nervous.

First application submission
AD: MM1 / E-6 with 9 years
OAR: 43
Applying for: SWO
Undergrad: Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science
GPA: 3.60

Appraisals:
- 2 O-6 SWO's
- 2 O-5 SWO's
All post command SWO'S, top marks

LOR's:
- O-6 Aviation (previous CO of Aircraft Carrier USS Gerald R. Ford)
- O-6 HR
- O-4 SWO FTS
- E-9 CMDCM (Joint Base Pearl Harbor)

Waivers: Age, TIS, Degree Requirement (graduate on May 7)

Good luck to you all!

exNavyOffRec

First application submission
AD: MM1 / E-6 with 9 years
OAR: 43
Applying for: SWO
Undergrad: Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science
GPA: 3.60

Appraisals:
- 2 O-6 SWO's
- 2 O-5 SWO's
All post command SWO'S, top marks

LOR's:
- O-6 Aviation (previous CO of Aircraft Carrier USS Gerald R. Ford)
- O-6 HR
- O-4 SWO FTS
- E-9 CMDCM (Joint Base Pearl Harbor)

Waivers: Age, TIS, Degree Requirement (graduate on May 7)

Good luck to you all!
So far NRC will reject anyone that doesn't have a degree in hand prior to due date, SWO is hurting right now so just hope they make an exception.

So far NRC will reject anyone that doesn't have a degree in hand prior to due date, SWO is hurting right now so just hope they make an exception.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm really hoping that the strength of my package will help grant me a waiver. Keeping my fingers crossed.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the feedback. I'm really hoping that the strength of my package will help grant me a waiver. Keeping my fingers crossed.
It is not a waiver they would grant but an exception to policy as per policy those on AD have to have degree awarded statement on final transcripts.

The 2 waiver requests do mean that CNRC will need to move your application to higher waiver authority.

Even if you get bumped to the next board I do thing you have good stats and should the board not be concerned with TIS and age (I don't think they would) then you should have a good chance of being selected.

It is not a waiver they would grant but an exception to policy as per policy those on AD have to have degree awarded statement on final transcripts.

The 2 waiver requests do mean that CNRC will need to move your application to higher waiver authority.

Even if you get bumped to the next board I do thing you have good stats and should the board not be concerned with TIS and age (I don't think they would) then you should have a good chance of being selected.
Oh ok got it. Is there an approximate timeframe of when these determinations are? Also, do you know where you can view the board status to see if waivers get approved, the at-board list, etc.? I work out of NTAG Miami so I may have access to it. Your help is much appreciated.

- MM1

exNavyOffRec

Oh ok got it. Is there an approximate timeframe of when these determinations are? Also, do you know where you can view the board status to see if waivers get approved, the at-board list, etc.? I work out of NTAG Miami so I may have access to it. Your help is much appreciated.

- MM1
It can take up to 3 weeks from submission to ready to submit to board, but I would look after a week.

I would just ask the OPL to let you know when that person sees it approved, they are in there anyway.

It can take up to 3 weeks from submission to ready to submit to board, but I would look after a week.

I would just ask the OPL to let you know when that person sees it approved, they are in there . Thank you for the help

I would just ask the OPL to let you know when that person sees it approved, they are in there anyway.
Sounds good. Thank you for the help

user9876

When do the at board lists usually come out? I submitted my package on the 11th with my updated OAR but not sure if Ill make it to board ive heard they cap boards sometimes

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
I just spoke with Mr. Celestin
So far NRC will reject anyone that doesn't have a degree in hand prior to due date, SWO is hurting right now so just hope they make an exception
I just spoke with Mr. Celestine, as long as you have conferral date, and final transcripts you will be fine, and if you don’t, he said he will be asking for it prior to going to OCS. Same way we deal with high school seniors that join the Navy.

exNavyOffRec

I just spoke with Mr. Celestin

I just spoke with Mr. Celestine, as long as you have conferral date, and final transcripts you will be fine, and if you don’t, he said he will be asking for it prior to going to OCS. Same way we deal with high school seniors that join the Navy.
OPL is the lead officer processor.

so your transcripts have that you completed all the classes then and the conferral date.