• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Julia.cook

hey everyone, first time posting but I just have a quick question and I'm hoping to get some insight on the scoring breakdown... So you for your 1-9 score, does anyone know how those numbers translate from actual correct versus incorrect.

Say I get a 27/30 on the math section, a 25/30 on the reading, and then a 20/30 on the MCT and ANIT... can anyone explain how those raw scores would translate to a composite? Maybe someone who has taken multiple practice tests and then tell me what they were scoring and how they scored on the ASTB. Thanks
There are 4 different scores when taking the Full ASTB the math, reading, and mechanical is a composite score like the ASVAB ranges from 20-80 as far as how they are calculated i am not sure.
Then you have your AQR PFAR and FOFAR scores which range from 1-9 and im pretty sure that is all based on the aviation side of it.

exNavyOffRec

hey everyone, first time posting but I just have a quick question and I'm hoping to get some insight on the scoring breakdown... So you for your 1-9 score, does anyone know how those numbers translate from actual correct versus incorrect.

Say I get a 27/30 on the math section, a 25/30 on the reading, and then a 20/30 on the MCT and ANIT... can anyone explain how those raw scores would translate to a composite? Maybe someone who has taken multiple practice tests and then tell me what they were scoring and how they scored on the ASTB. Thanks

The test is an adaptive test so trying to figure out what XX our of 30 will give you isn't really possible.

Fable0027

Is anyone able to tell me if the Spatial Apperception test (has pictures of the horizon and planes banking at varying degrees) has been replaced by the UAV section?

What about the aviation supplemental section?

JHazz.117

Your scores are based on a percentile (compared to everyone else who has taken it). In other words, just do your best and try not to dwell on shooting for a score until you get the results. Go through this gouge (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AvPi5oH_h_13TGajDvflDWkftwXO8LS6)
Source: https://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/pages/astboverview.aspx
I also suggest reading through as much of this thread as possible, it was immensely helpful.

Is anyone able to tell me if the Spatial Apperception test (has pictures of the horizon and planes banking at varying degrees) has been replaced by the UAV section?

What about the aviation supplemental section?
Hey, I took the ASTB yesterday and only saw the UAV section. However did very poorly so they may not have given me that section.

Julia.cook

Does anyone know the Marine Corps Recruiting Command (MCRC) guidelines on taking the ATSB-E while the virus is going on. I can not find it. I am currently active duty as a MECEP (Marine Corps Comminssiong Education Program) at USF and they offer the test at the NROTC building which i am trying to take soon since i will be commissioning less than a year, but the Lt is saying i can not take it right now because of the virus. So if you find any guidelines on test taking please reply on this post. or any DOD guidelines. Thank you.

Sandcrab01

Howdy guys!

I took my first OAR test and failed miserably. I am looking to prepare for the next tests. Has anyone used tutors before or recommend any?

Thanks!