• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

maowczykowski1

Took it for the first time today and here are my takeaways:

OAR 54
AQR 6
PFAR 5
FOFAR 6

I'm in ROTC and a wannabe pilot so I plan on retaking, but if you have anything you care to add or comment then I'm happy to hear it

Math:
There was one probability question, a square root question, a percentage question, there were two pretty simply sequence/series questions, a couple DRT questions that were kind of tricky (Person A is running 8mph and is 6 miles away from the finish line, Person B is running at 10mph and is 8 miles away from the finish line. How much time will person A reach the finish line before Person B), but the biggest takeaway from it... my geometry was not refined nearly enough. I was expecting maybe one or two geometry problems and I focused a lot of my attention on the "working together" ones, but man was I caught off guard.

An example of this was "X is running around a 90 yard track, when she finished she had created a 120* angle from where she started. How far did she run?"

Reading:

Not too bad, probably 85% of the passages had to do with some form of Navy doctrine or mission set. If you haven't taken it yet, the passages are much shorter on the actual test than they are in any of the practice books that I have seen. So my biggest takeaway from this section is time really is not too much of a concern. I was able to re-read "tricker" passages a few times if I didn't catch the answer right away.

MCT:

Pretty standard, questions on pulleys, there were no questions on levers which I found disappointing because those feel like the easiest to me. I was asked a few pulley questions, a few gear questions (like which of these will move the fastest, if gear A is turning CCW, B is CW, which direction is C turning). I saw a hydrometer question, as well as a couple questions circuits (something as simple as what unit is used to measure resistors). Pendulum questions that included KE and PE. And lastly, a handful of questions on buoyancy and volume, (if you were to compress something or if you were to increase the temp. of something). A lot of the information you find in practice books and on here do a nice job covering it all. Didn't feel too surprised here.

ANIT:

Probably the section that I am most disappointed in my performance. Know the parts of an aircraft and the axis that it effects, or the words used to describe the movement, (yaw is effected my a change in ____). A lot of questions about helo's, almost embarrassing how little I knew and how little I prepared for it. Definitely the biggest failure on my part. One or two questions on lights and colors of runways/taxiways. Some questions on airspace classifications and whatnot. Familiarize yourself with transponders and the different components of an aircraft carrier (i.e. jet blasters). The "history" questions were tricky. Nothing about space. One that will probably stick with me to the grave is "What fighter jet was converted to a tanker during operation Iraqi Freedom?"-- if you know the answer please lmk lol, i have been looking around and still cant find it. Hardly anything about ships other than the carrier question.

UAV:

Another rookie mistake that I made, was I knew the compass trick, I was doing it extremely quick while practicing, however you have got to be accurate. I missed I believe 2 or 3 and I think it really hurt my score. Although I was pumping them out in less than 2 seconds, I sacrificed accuracy for speed, and that is a mistake that I am going to learn from for next time. If you can get your reaction time between 2-3 seconds but get all of them correct. I think that will put you in a better position than I put myself in.

Simulator:

So the listening isn't quite as bad as I expected, keep this in mind: they computer will say an even number in your right here and an odd number in your left ear and that's when you know when to hit the throttle or stick, the numbers do not come that frequently. In either ear, it seems infrequent but you won't hear like two or three in a row so just pay attention and know that it happens somewhat seldomly. Play video games on inverted controls, I fucked up because during the "introduction" to the controls, it wasnt inverted, and then during the actual simulator it was inverted. Not sure wtf happened there or what I was thinking, but be aware of that because I definitely was not. Next, there is a section where they present to you some form of "emergency" like low fuel, or too much power, and there are certain buttons you need to press IOT alleviate the emergency, when the emergency was taking place, I pressed the correct button but the color or w/e didn't go away, so I am not sure if I misunderstood the directions and there was something else that I needed to do, but if you know what I'm talking about, please help me out.

UPDATED NLT 5 minutes after posting this: So, this is the mistake that I made during the simulator, there are two components to each of the "problem solving" things, I was pressing the button. You need to turn the knob. This is a huge mistake that I made. So if the fuel is low for instance, you need to adjust the "e-knob" a certain direction and same with the "i-knob." I should have been more careful reading the directions so please learn from my mistake. Brb while I fade myself.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/attachments/capture-png.24622/

Biography section:

I know that everyone says "you cant study for this dont worry about it." I would disregard that information, go into it with a certain personality trait that you are hoping to exhibit (i.e. a team player, no matter what) and then stay consistent with that trait in your decision making. "A. I generally work well in groups or B. I exceed the expectations for a task" select A. and then later on you will be asked "A. I have a hard time following directions when I don't believe they are important or B. I blame my partners when something goes wrong" select A.

Overall: I know this isn't the most helpful advice, but just try to be as relaxed as possible, I like to think math is one of my stronger suits, but when I sat down to take the test I was so nervous that I was making stupid arithmetic mistakes. Just know that you have a couple tries at it and you are there to do your very best, and walk away with your head held high. Thanks for all of the help on this forum, but looks like I'll be sticking around for at least another 30 days lol. Help me out with my ANIT question and simulator question if you think you know it.
line by line and diagram math questions. for you geometry question you might have done pretty good with setting it up as a proportion. 90yr/360degrees=X/120.
im not super good at math but what gives.

Julia.cook

Took it for the first time today and here are my takeaways:

OAR 54
AQR 6
PFAR 5
FOFAR 6

I'm in ROTC and a wannabe pilot so I plan on retaking, but if you have anything you care to add or comment then I'm happy to hear it

Math:
There was one probability question, a square root question, a percentage question, there were two pretty simply sequence/series questions, a couple DRT questions that were kind of tricky (Person A is running 8mph and is 6 miles away from the finish line, Person B is running at 10mph and is 8 miles away from the finish line. How much time will person A reach the finish line before Person B), but the biggest takeaway from it... my geometry was not refined nearly enough. I was expecting maybe one or two geometry problems and I focused a lot of my attention on the "working together" ones, but man was I caught off guard.

An example of this was "X is running around a 90 yard track, when she finished she had created a 120* angle from where she started. How far did she run?"

Reading:

Not too bad, probably 85% of the passages had to do with some form of Navy doctrine or mission set. If you haven't taken it yet, the passages are much shorter on the actual test than they are in any of the practice books that I have seen. So my biggest takeaway from this section is time really is not too much of a concern. I was able to re-read "tricker" passages a few times if I didn't catch the answer right away.

MCT:

Pretty standard, questions on pulleys, there were no questions on levers which I found disappointing because those feel like the easiest to me. I was asked a few pulley questions, a few gear questions (like which of these will move the fastest, if gear A is turning CCW, B is CW, which direction is C turning). I saw a hydrometer question, as well as a couple questions circuits (something as simple as what unit is used to measure resistors). Pendulum questions that included KE and PE. And lastly, a handful of questions on buoyancy and volume, (if you were to compress something or if you were to increase the temp. of something). A lot of the information you find in practice books and on here do a nice job covering it all. Didn't feel too surprised here.

ANIT:

Probably the section that I am most disappointed in my performance. Know the parts of an aircraft and the axis that it effects, or the words used to describe the movement, (yaw is effected my a change in ____). A lot of questions about helo's, almost embarrassing how little I knew and how little I prepared for it. Definitely the biggest failure on my part. One or two questions on lights and colors of runways/taxiways. Some questions on airspace classifications and whatnot. Familiarize yourself with transponders and the different components of an aircraft carrier (i.e. jet blasters). The "history" questions were tricky. Nothing about space. One that will probably stick with me to the grave is "What fighter jet was converted to a tanker during operation Iraqi Freedom?"-- if you know the answer please lmk lol, i have been looking around and still cant find it. Hardly anything about ships other than the carrier question.

UAV:

Another rookie mistake that I made, was I knew the compass trick, I was doing it extremely quick while practicing, however you have got to be accurate. I missed I believe 2 or 3 and I think it really hurt my score. Although I was pumping them out in less than 2 seconds, I sacrificed accuracy for speed, and that is a mistake that I am going to learn from for next time. If you can get your reaction time between 2-3 seconds but get all of them correct. I think that will put you in a better position than I put myself in.

Simulator:

So the listening isn't quite as bad as I expected, keep this in mind: they computer will say an even number in your right here and an odd number in your left ear and that's when you know when to hit the throttle or stick, the numbers do not come that frequently. In either ear, it seems infrequent but you won't hear like two or three in a row so just pay attention and know that it happens somewhat seldomly. Play video games on inverted controls, I fucked up because during the "introduction" to the controls, it wasnt inverted, and then during the actual simulator it was inverted. Not sure wtf happened there or what I was thinking, but be aware of that because I definitely was not. Next, there is a section where they present to you some form of "emergency" like low fuel, or too much power, and there are certain buttons you need to press IOT alleviate the emergency, when the emergency was taking place, I pressed the correct button but the color or w/e didn't go away, so I am not sure if I misunderstood the directions and there was something else that I needed to do, but if you know what I'm talking about, please help me out.

UPDATED NLT 5 minutes after posting this: So, this is the mistake that I made during the simulator, there are two components to each of the "problem solving" things, I was pressing the button. You need to turn the knob. This is a huge mistake that I made. So if the fuel is low for instance, you need to adjust the "e-knob" a certain direction and same with the "i-knob." I should have been more careful reading the directions so please learn from my mistake. Brb while I fade myself.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/attachments/capture-png.24622/

Biography section:

I know that everyone says "you cant study for this dont worry about it." I would disregard that information, go into it with a certain personality trait that you are hoping to exhibit (i.e. a team player, no matter what) and then stay consistent with that trait in your decision making. "A. I generally work well in groups or B. I exceed the expectations for a task" select A. and then later on you will be asked "A. I have a hard time following directions when I don't believe they are important or B. I blame my partners when something goes wrong" select A.

Overall: I know this isn't the most helpful advice, but just try to be as relaxed as possible, I like to think math is one of my stronger suits, but when I sat down to take the test I was so nervous that I was making stupid arithmetic mistakes. Just know that you have a couple tries at it and you are there to do your very best, and walk away with your head held high. Thanks for all of the help on this forum, but looks like I'll be sticking around for at least another 30 days lol. Help me out with my ANIT question and simulator question if you think you know it.
We’re you also able to finish the entire math section? I heard some people hit the time cap and not sure if they get penalized for the ones they didn’t answer

We’re you also able to finish the entire math section? I heard some people hit the time cap and not sure if they get penalized for the ones they didn’t answer

Yeah, time was not an issue whatsoever. The test really is adaptive and you can feel it, like the test started with a simple probability, then a sequence, then some square root simplification. Then game some more advanced geometry, and it took my ass for a ride.

Not sure if this has been posted on the forum yet, but attached is a link to a research paper conducted by someone attending the NPS. The paper is from 2007, but after reading through it pretty much all of the information pertains to the PBMB.

Takes only about 30 minutes to read it in its entirety, and if you digest it and understand the paper, it will definitely help you know what you're up against!

https://web.archive.org/web/2011072...bs/scholarly/theses/2007/Dec/07Dec_Ostoin.pdf

Not sure if this has been posted on the forum yet, but attached is a link to a research paper conducted by someone attending the NPS. The paper is from 2007, but after reading through it pretty much all of the information pertains to the PBMB.

Takes only about 30 minutes to read it in its entirety, and if you digest it and understand the paper, it will definitely help you know what you're up against!

https://web.archive.org/web/2011072...bs/scholarly/theses/2007/Dec/07Dec_Ostoin.pdf

EDIT: Also, it is especially helpful because the paper compares trained aviators vs. regular joes. The entire PBMB was conducted and the author describes the scores and times for the participants. Might help give you an idea of what to shoot for.

YeRok

Don't know where else to post this but I gave my OR my resume last Friday, also mentioning that I am ready to take the ASTB. All he said was "okay, will do." Are all the recruiters busy because of the virus? I feel like he's sorta ignoring me. Is anybody else experiencing recruiters ghosting people because of the virus problem? Any thoughts would be helpful. Debating whether or not I should call him again...

maowczykowski1

i had the same kind of reaction from my recruiter(both navy and air force). they dont really take you too seriously until you pass the exams. also, they seem to hold back info from you because they in fact do. always be somewhat weary of the intentions of your recruiter. mine didnt give me any advice about any part of the recruiting process and seemed to withhold critical information throughout

YeRok

i had the same kind of reaction from my recruiter(both navy and air force). they dont really take you too seriously until you pass the exams. also, they seem to hold back info from you because they in fact do. always be somewhat weary of the intentions of your recruiter. mine didnt give me any advice about any part of the recruiting process and seemed to withhold critical information throughout
Thanks for your reply!

But that's the thing though. I've straight up asked this guy three times to schedule my ASTB and zero response. Might text him tomorrow but I really feel like I'm bugging him and being a pain in the ass. Really want to take this exam so before too long. I've studied my butt off for months now and starting to get burnt out...

DeweckV

Hello all,

I've been a long time lurker and finally took the test yesterday. Here is what i have gather for y'all. My scores were 53 6/7/7 and i have a BS MechE with a 2.95.

Math Section:
For this portion of the test i really felt like i had very little time. One question vividly recall was "You have x score on this test, y on the second, z on the third. Each test is weighted 10% more than the previous. What do you need on the 4th to have XY average at the end of the course." Also I remember this question that i completely guessed that it was "You have a square with dimension X and height Y. You pack a cylinder within this square in such a way that the sides touch the sides of the square. Find a formula describing the empty space left within the cube." Another "A moving company charges X fee and X.XX for every additional mile, Moving company B charges Y fee and Y.YY for every additional mile. Find the moment in which both fees will be equal." Honestly i would just say try your best in this section and if you have to guess so be it; chances are you wont have time to finish this whole portion anyways.

English:
Pretty straight forward to what other have said, Just rely on what the excerpt says and don't try to assume anything that wasn't stated within the excerpt. I felt like i had enough time for this section.

Mechanical comprehension
This part was not so bad given my background with ME. I recall this question "You have Triangle A with base 5 and height 5, Triangle B with base 10 height 5. Which requires more work?" Easy, Triangle A. Definitely brush up on moment problems. I'm pretty sure i finished this section before time ran out.

ANIT
I studied the most for this portion given that i have most of my background in engineering and none in Aeronautical... after all, we are all hoping to join the navy. This wasn't too bad, It was definitely short and not too hard. I recall "Which of the following was turned into a tanker during Iraqi Freedom - F14" and "Who does the flight commander or something report too - CAG" Also one on classifications of USAF A/C, I'm pretty sure I guess on this one. As well as components of a plane and what controls what: such as, Roll - Ailerons.

BI-VR
This portion was so stupid, Honestly just answer as best as you can. You have like 30+ min for this portion which in my opinion was dumb.

Flight Sim
I don't even know what to say here, I just remember laughing at myself from how poorly I was doing... I spoke with the chief that administered the test and she said she's tried a couple times and doesn't seem to get it, and that you might "just have it or you don't". This just test your multi-tasking skills. When the emergency scenarios came up i thought it was practice so i missed the second one. All in all, just take your time and do your best cause chances are you'll do terrible anyways unless you have previous sim or flight experience. I remember the throttles being extremely sensitive. When i had to track both planes i focused my attention on the dot in the bigger screen and paid peripheral attention to the vertical dot. You gotta pick and choose your battles...

UAV
I answered all the questions under 3 seconds. Work fast but don,t make the mistake I made of rushing to answer, and answering wrong; given that I missed 3 of however many questions I had. The compass on paper trick was a life saver.

I have attached some files that I used to prepare. Nevertheless, I want to thank everyone here. Without y'all i would have never been set on walking this path. The Officer recruiting office in SD has been playing games with me, the last time I went to take the test back in Oct, they stood me up while i waited outside for an 1.5 hours, Also they are moving offices and said they wouldn't be administering test till May... So i told myself "I cold either wait and have one chance to take it before the board in June, given the 31 day gap between test, or i can do anything and everything to set myself up for success". I took destiny into my own hands and decided to drive 2 Hours north just to take the exam. My advice to all the people struggling to take the test at the moment with Covid would be to see all the navy officer offices in your state and calling each one. Which is what i did; in the end, I'm not going to let someone or any external factor deter me from who i want to be... If you want something bad enough, you will do anything you can to bend reality in a way to make things happen one way or the other.
I feel like my recruiter wasn't very serious about me at first given that I called a week in advance to take my test. Once i took it and she said I passed she mentioned that they get a lot of wannabees that completely wet the bed. So see it through their perspective, they obviously don't want to waste their time either. Cheers and good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I've been a long time lurker and finally took the test yesterday. Here is what i have gather for y'all. My scores were 53 6/7/7 and i have a BS MechE with a 2.95.

Math Section:
For this portion of the test i really felt like i had very little time. One question vividly recall was "You have x score on this test, y on the second, z on the third. Each test is weighted 10% more than the previous. What do you need on the 4th to have XY average at the end of the course." Also I remember this question that i completely guessed that it was "You have a square with dimension X and height Y. You pack a cylinder within this square in such a way that the sides touch the sides of the square. Find a formula describing the empty space left within the cube." Another "A moving company charges X fee and X.XX for every additional mile, Moving company B charges Y fee and Y.YY for every additional mile. Find the moment in which both fees will be equal." Honestly i would just say try your best in this section and if you have to guess so be it; chances are you wont have time to finish this whole portion anyways.

English:
Pretty straight forward to what other have said, Just rely on what the excerpt says and don't try to assume anything that wasn't stated within the excerpt. I felt like i had enough time for this section.

Mechanical comprehension
This part was not so bad given my background with ME. I recall this question "You have Triangle A with base 5 and height 5, Triangle B with base 10 height 5. Which requires more work?" Easy, Triangle A. Definitely brush up on moment problems. I'm pretty sure i finished this section before time ran out.

ANIT
I studied the most for this portion given that i have most of my background in engineering and none in Aeronautical... after all, we are all hoping to join the navy. This wasn't too bad, It was definitely short and not too hard. I recall "Which of the following was turned into a tanker during Iraqi Freedom - F14" and "Who does the flight commander or something report too - CAG" Also one on classifications of USAF A/C, I'm pretty sure I guess on this one. As well as components of a plane and what controls what: such as, Roll - Ailerons.

BI-VR
This portion was so stupid, Honestly just answer as best as you can. You have like 30+ min for this portion which in my opinion was dumb.

Flight Sim
I don't even know what to say here, I just remember laughing at myself from how poorly I was doing... I spoke with the chief that administered the test and she said she's tried a couple times and doesn't seem to get it, and that you might "just have it or you don't". This just test your multi-tasking skills. When the emergency scenarios came up i thought it was practice so i missed the second one. All in all, just take your time and do your best cause chances are you'll do terrible anyways unless you have previous sim or flight experience. I remember the throttles being extremely sensitive. When i had to track both planes i focused my attention on the dot in the bigger screen and paid peripheral attention to the vertical dot. You gotta pick and choose your battles...

UAV
I answered all the questions under 3 seconds. Work fast but don,t make the mistake I made of rushing to answer, and answering wrong; given that I missed 3 of however many questions I had. The compass on paper trick was a life saver.

I have attached some files that I used to prepare. Nevertheless, I want to thank everyone here. Without y'all i would have never been set on walking this path. The Officer recruiting office in SD has been playing games with me, the last time I went to take the test back in Oct, they stood me up while i waited outside for an 1.5 hours, Also they are moving offices and said they wouldn't be administering test till May... So i told myself "I cold either wait and have one chance to take it before the board in June, given the 31 day gap between test, or i can do anything and everything to set myself up for success". I took destiny into my own hands and decided to drive 2 Hours north just to take the exam. My advice to all the people struggling to take the test at the moment with Covid would be to see all the navy officer offices in your state and calling each one. Which is what i did; in the end, I'm not going to let someone or any external factor deter me from who i want to be... If you want something bad enough, you will do anything you can to bend reality in a way to make things happen one way or the other.
I feel like my recruiter wasn't very serious about me at first given that I called a week in advance to take my test. Once i took it and she said I passed she mentioned that they get a lot of wannabees that completely wet the bed. So see it through their perspective, they obviously don't want to waste their time either. Cheers and good luck everyone.

Which Google Drive did you find more helpful?

kukuinut

Hello,

I've been studying this thread for a while now and just took the test this morning and figured I'd share my experience. The program I am applying for only requires the OAR so my take would only be for that specific portion of the test.

OAR: 52

Recommendations for day of test: Bring water. Absolutely bring water, because I was in a dry, stale room that seemed to have been sucked of all the moisture in the air. I had a headache, couldn't focus, and probably missed a few questions just because I didn't have water so bring water.

Math:
This part was half good, half bad. There was some factoring, order of operations, fractions, an average (John scored scored a 58, 72, and 90 for the first 3 tests, His fourth score was 20 more than 1/5th his 3rd test. What must he score on (5/10?) his 5th and 6th test to score an average of XYZ) I definitely guessed on this one because of the amount of time it would take to solve, a cash rebate (Option A is to pay the sales tax. Option B would be to provide a $5000 cash rebate and the price of the car is $32,000.), and a distance question (IF John rode 35 mph for 12 minutes, 20 mph for 20 minutes, and 60 for 36 minutes, how far did he drive?). There was also a few (pre-calculus?) questions on there, not sure if actually pre-calculus, but it asked me which of the functions is symmetric about the origin (this one is pretty easy, it was y=x^2 which is a parabola and is symmetric about the origin) and which function has an absolute minimum value (Pretty sure this one was x^2+2x+4 or something like that). In terms of studying, I actually recommend getting comfortable in doing basic arithmetic and brushing up on the basics from the guides on here. A majority of the questions was based on the gouge provided, but even then its really hard to say what kind of question you'll get. Just be comfortable in figuring out what they want and how you can get there with the numbers provided.

Reading:
I was super dehydrated. I had a headache from lack of proper hydration and the words seemed to focus in and out on me. I berated myself because if I had brought some water, I could've scored higher. This section was straight-forward and not much to really study on, just make sure that you have a clear mind and are well hydrated.

Mechanics:
I was dehydrated in this section as well, but forced myself to focus. This section was not so bad, actually. Some Bernoulli's principle, equation for power, V is = to what given I (current) and (resistance), gravity, density, and a few other questions I don't remember. This section only provides 3 options so its pretty easy, you can definitely eliminate one answer choice because sometimes it will have: "There is no answer with the given information provided" or something like that. I'd say just run over the gouge provided here and have a basic understanding of what's provided in them.

Overall, wasn't sure if my score was good or not, but my recruiter said he wouldn't worry about it cause' its a good score so looks like I won't be re-testing. My advice to those who are beginning the process, be patient with the recruiter and focus on what you can to provide a good package. Bring water! Bring water to the exam and make sure you've eaten a light breakfast before the exam. I could've gotten a way better score, if I had brought some water with me. I'm not going to provide any gouge, because all I studied was on here and a few YouTube videos to fill in the gaps.

Good luck!

DeweckV

Which Google Drive did you find more helpful?
Both had invaluable information. I believe i worked out of Holly's OAR more. Thank you btw Holly!

Also This is my personal drive. I uploaded pictures of my notebook so it might not be as legit as the other drives on here but theres a bit of everything in there. I find myself being able to retain material more when i write it down versus typing it. Figured itd link it anyways. The more sources the better.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/151Ge9ixzk8LMv9506eft3ePQGNhX0xCM

madman111

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Hey guys,

I just took my 2nd attempt today and got 71 8/9/8. My first attempt was 41 3/6/4.

I owe a lot to this thread and I just wanted to give back with some helpful tips and study advice for newcomers.

Test day: Good sleep the night before, and eat a decent and small meal before the test, too much will stuff you and too little will leave you hungry. Like others said before, bring water! This helps keep dehydration from distracting you while testing. Also, bring a small snack to satisfy your hunger between the tests; this helped me a lot the 2nd time through, I was getting very pissed and anxious when my stomach was struggling the first time.

Before doing anything, take a timed practice test of the ASTB and see where you're weak at. The best way to prepare is to find your strength, weakness, and the threshold for working under time pressure.

Math

I recommend going through all of the "OAR math guide" questions in Kyle's files. This has all the types of questions you'll see, maybe not as difficult as the actual test but it'll show you what you need. After going through all of it, review everything you got wrong till you understand it.

On test day, you have time to think out the question. Don't worry about stressing on time, just focus on taking the time to find the correct answer and only "logically" guess if you don't know how to even start on the question.

Reading

Just read boring textbooks, this will get you mentally prepare for long text on the test. On the test, I would read each question individually and compare it to the text, and just cross out all the choices that even seem a bit off from what was referred.

Mechs

In Kyle's files, I read through all the Mech guides and try to understand the concepts and formulas. This may take time but it will bring results.

Naut/Aviation Info

I used any flashcard on this online and just went through them when I had the time. I didn't do any of the reading of the text, but it would prob help you more if you did.

As for the joystick and UAV stuff, I just played some games with inverse control and practice the paper compass trick a lot.

Honestly, a lot of what you need is just in Kyle's files, so just create a dedicated study routine and aim to prepare ahead instead of just 3 days before the test day.

FLY NAVY!

Kyle's Files

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AvPi5oH_h_13TGajDvflDWkftwXO8LS6