• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Fable0027

I've got a couple of questions..

Is the AQR score influenced by how well you score on ALL subtests? Including the ANIT and PBM?

Has the spatial perception test been replaced by the UAV test? Is the aviation supplemental test no longer a part of the ASTB?

I notice that some study guides have these tests on them, but nobody talks about them.

Thank you!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Is the AQR score influenced by how well you score on ALL subtests? Including the ANIT and PBM?

Has the spatial perception test been replaced by the UAV test? Is the aviation supplemental test no longer a part of the ASTB?

I notice that some study guides have these tests on them, but nobody talks about them.

Thank you!

Read @NavyOffRec ‘s post

YeRok

so I took my ASTB about a month ago, 50 5-8-6
thanks to everyone here for the resources and tutoring.

Math was pretty difficult. the only east questions i had was one DRT problem. the rest of the math i had to know what juels we

this same problem was on my exam.
So how do you solve the problem? I feel like even in the study guides on here, the probability questions specifically, are way too easy compared to the ones on the real test. Which can be scary. Do you, or does anyone else know of a solid resource with probability questions and solutions to work through. That and challenging DRT problems. All the examples in all the study guides that I've found in the gouge here I can now confidently do in my sleep. I need more challenging practice questions. Thanks.

maowczykowski1

Thank you!
as far as I know. AQR is weighed heavily on the math section. PFAR is the aviation section.

hey everyone, first time posting but I just have a quick question and I'm hoping to get some insight on the scoring breakdown... So you for your 1-9 score, does anyone know how those numbers translate from actual correct versus incorrect.

Say I get a 27/30 on the math section, a 25/30 on the reading, and then a 20/30 on the MCT and ANIT... can anyone explain how those raw scores would translate to a composite? Maybe someone who has taken multiple practice tests and then tell me what they were scoring and how they scored on the ASTB. Thanks

Julia.cook

hey everyone, first time posting but I just have a quick question and I'm hoping to get some insight on the scoring breakdown... So you for your 1-9 score, does anyone know how those numbers translate from actual correct versus incorrect.

Say I get a 27/30 on the math section, a 25/30 on the reading, and then a 20/30 on the MCT and ANIT... can anyone explain how those raw scores would translate to a composite? Maybe someone who has taken multiple practice tests and then tell me what they were scoring and how they scored on the ASTB. Thanks
There are 4 different scores when taking the Full ASTB the math, reading, and mechanical is a composite score like the ASVAB ranges from 20-80 as far as how they are calculated i am not sure.
Then you have your AQR PFAR and FOFAR scores which range from 1-9 and im pretty sure that is all based on the aviation side of it.

exNavyOffRec

The test is an adaptive test so trying to figure out what XX our of 30 will give you isn't really possible.

Fable0027

Is anyone able to tell me if the Spatial Apperception test (has pictures of the horizon and planes banking at varying degrees) has been replaced by the UAV section?

What about the aviation supplemental section?

JHazz.117

Your scores are based on a percentile (compared to everyone else who has taken it). In other words, just do your best and try not to dwell on shooting for a score until you get the results. Go through this gouge (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AvPi5oH_h_13TGajDvflDWkftwXO8LS6)
Source: https://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/pages/astboverview.aspx
I also suggest reading through as much of this thread as possible, it was immensely helpful.