• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

iFly14

pilot
took the test on 22 Nov 2011. I believe i took form 3. Got 9/9/9 does the Marine Corps not give an OAR?

iFly14

pilot
Ok. My OSO didn't tell me what i got. I was confused. Suppose i will have to get in touch with him. Thanks!

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
What kind of nifty stuff does the computer version have?

So I'm getting to this question a month late, but for posterity:

You have the ability to mark questions. It will tell you what questions you've answered, what questions you haven't and you can mark questions you haven't answered or questions you just answered. Answering a marked question will remove the mark. But it's handy for you to quickly mark a question you take a guess on to review later. There's a timer on the screen so you always know how much time you have. But really, if you desire, you can use the marking tool to great advantage. And it's all right at the bottom of the screen, and you can easily jump to other questions.

Sonog

pilot
Thoughts on second attempt: All of the gouge, study guides (especially atrickplay's), and practice tests on this forum are invaluable resources and knowing them inside and out will help you get a good score. Knowing that stuff will help you shoot by 70% of the questions in just a couple seconds each without any doubt in your mind that its correct or not. The other 30% of the test is stuff that needs to be acquired long term, through flight experience or just general passion and interest for aviation and science. Also helps a lot to have a technical major like science or engineering because it helps you solve some of those tougher problems that you might not have an answer for right away. Chipping away at the FAA handbook or a student pilot textbook over a period of 6 months can help out a ton as well.

I thought differences between form 3 and 5 were minimal. It was almost 2 years between my attempts and a lot of the questions looked familiar.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Thoughts on second attempt: All of the gouge, study guides (especially atrickplay's), and practice tests on this forum are invaluable resources and knowing them inside and out will help you get a good score. Knowing that stuff will help you shoot by 70% of the questions in just a couple seconds each without any doubt in your mind that its correct or not. The other 30% of the test is stuff that needs to be acquired long term, through flight experience or just general passion and interest for aviation and science. Also helps a lot to have a technical major like science or engineering because it helps you solve some of those tougher problems that you might not have an answer for right away. Chipping away at the FAA handbook or a student pilot textbook over a period of 6 months can help out a ton as well.

I thought differences between form 3 and 5 were minimal. It was almost 2 years between my attempts and a lot of the questions looked familiar.

What did you score?

Sonog

pilot
What did you score?

8/8/8 61
And damn there really was a binary question. I remember reading that on here and I just totally forgot to review binary code. I tried figuring it out, but none of the answers made any sense and I ran out of time.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
8/8/8 61
And damn there really was a binary question. I remember reading that on here and I just totally forgot to review binary code. I tried figuring it out, but none of the answers made any sense and I ran out of time.

Great score. Don't dwell on the binary code question too much, I think thats a ridiculous thing to put on the ASTB. Sometimes you just have eat a question, stick it to the man, and move on.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
only took a little engineering but to understand binary is pretty easy actually. every 1 is 2 to some power. Starting with the furthest right number at 2^0, and expanding out to the left by 1 (2^1, 2^2,2^3) so example

1101=25

1=2^4=16
1=2^3= 8
0= 0
1=2^0= 1

16+8+1=25

hope that's not too confusing.

D

Deleted member 31917

Does anyone suggest a source online or something for binary? Or is the above sample calculation good enough to look at?

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Does anyone suggest a source online or something for binary? Or is the above sample calculation good enough to look at?
if you really want to understand binary, I'd look online and find a source. It's honestly not that hard to understand. But I apparently found a way f#@k it up :rolleyes:

Dbrannam

Hey so I have been taking practice tests for the ASTB through study books. Is there anyway to find out what I would have scored based on these calculations? Like any formula for what I would get. I realize it is based on other people but any way I can see where these scores would be?