• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

jharris48

I took the OAR form 3 a month ago to be sure that I was studying right for the test before taking the full thing. I got a 65 the first time.

I just took the full thing today and got 62 8/8/7 on form 4

I thought the math on form 4 was more cumbersome, not hard, just a bit more time consuming. I wasn't able to finish the last questions in time and on form 3 I was able to confidently finish all with a couple minutes to spare. I was surprised that a lot of the same questions showed up in the reading section.

Anyway, all and all I think I did good enough not to have to take it again.

blarged

ready
I took the OAR form 3 a month ago to be sure that I was studying right for the test before taking the full thing. I got a 65 the first time.

I just took the full thing today and got 62 8/8/7 on form 4

Out of curiosity ... if you scored a 65 on the OAR the first time, why did you retake it? Did you not take the other three sections the first time? Couldn't you have taken just the other three sections without having to retake the OAR?

Good scores though, you should be happy with them.

vernagma

Quick question, how long does it take for a flight package decison to come back? What is the decision making process? Thanks for your time.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Use the search function next time.

But once your package is together, it will go onto a monthly board. SNA boards usually convene around the middle of the month. Decision making process is to compare you to all the other candidates and pick the best ones to fit the nees they have that month.

highmrc

Engines?

I am confused as to how much I need to know about engines for the ASTB.

Intake, Compression, Combustion, Exhaust.

Is that all I need to know?

I didn't have any internal combustion engine questions on my ASTB, you might be looking at the ASVAB or a part of the study guide that isn't relevant to the ASTB.

For example, my study book has things like auto-shop car questions, as well as the scientific method, neither are really on the ASTB, but it might be on the army or air force test, so it's included in the book since it entails all military tests.

Hey I have a gold star under my name now :D !! What does that mean?

JSnake

I think the tests does ask for some VERY basic knowledge. Know the cycles of the engines, what's needed to make an engine run (air and fuel), difference between natural aspiration and an external air fuel such as NOS, and the necessary systems that allow the engine to run (lubrication, cooling, etc). If you do any simple mechanics with cars, you should be fine. If not, read up a bit on simple maintenance guides.

jharris48

Out of curiosity ... if you scored a 65 on the OAR the first time, why did you retake it? Did you not take the other three sections the first time? Couldn't you have taken just the other three sections without having to retake the OAR?

Good scores though, you should be happy with them.

I took just the OAR first since there isn't the 3 time limit to retesting like the ASTB. I wanted to make sure I was on track with my studying. Didn't want to waste one of my three chances to just find out what the test was like.

When I went back to take the full ASTB, you can't just take certain sections. You have to take the full test. Believe me I didtn't want to have to retake it after getting a 65, but I still came out rather good.

futureaviator14

what do i have to do?

i want to be an aviator...i'm going in as an officer. when i get out of boot camp(if i have to take boot camp i can't seem to find info on that) what do i have to do to become an aviator