• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

hnewt

Hey do you still happen to have those files?
I'll attach the gouge here - most of the practice tests I just found through plenty of googling or the drives floating around in here. I also give most of the credit to the drive I mentioned earlier, it really was a gold mine. I wish I could give credit to everyone who helped with material as well but I unfortunately didn't write specific names down.

How did you study for the second part of the test? Besides the uav. I couldn't keep it together with the throttle and joystick

I just used the strategies people discuss on here like leaning into the target ear and tracking the moving target with my eyes while keeping the throttle target in my periphery.

Attachments

• ASTB additional study material.pdf
    630 KB · Views: 93
  • astb study guide.pdf
    384.9 KB · Views: 88
  • ASTB Test Supplement (1) (1).pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • ASTB_Personal_Study_Guide.pdf
    384.9 KB · Views: 67
  • ASTB-Marine-Gouge.pdf
    999.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

lah512

I'll attach the gouge here - most of the practice tests I just found through plenty of googling or the drives floating around in here. I also give most of the credit to the drive I mentioned earlier, it really was a gold mine. I wish I could give credit to everyone who helped with material as well but I unfortunately didn't write specific names down.

I just used the strategies people discuss on here like leaning into the target ear and tracking the moving target with my eyes while keeping the throttle target in my periphery.
Thank you. I've study all of Kyle's astbe. I did those tips too. Didnt work out for me. Investing into a joystick and throttle for my last attempt. Thanks
You killed it on the test. Congrats, hope you enjoy the flight school

Oshun8235

Thank you so much

davidc1220

Hey everyone

Took the Astb yesterday, missed it by 1 point. Yes it hurt and it stung but time to move on and get ready for the next one(retaking January 2021). Anyone have any really good tips or resources to practice for the math and the spatial test? The flashcards for spatial only help so much since the format has changed.

Going for Marine Corps Aviation

My scores: 5 5 6 oar 40

Emily33

Hey everyone

Took the Astb yesterday, missed it by 1 point. Yes it hurt and it stung but time to move on and get ready for the next one(retaking January 2021). Anyone have any really good tips or resources to practice for the math and the spatial test? The flashcards for spatial only help so much since the format has changed.

I just picked up a copy of CliffNotes Math Review for Standardized Tests. It walks you through how to do tons of different problems found on the ASTB...I actually found it through an ASTB website that recommended it. Maybe check that out! If you're struggling with word problems (drt, percentages, etc.) Minute Math on YouTube has helped me a ton. If you search for Kieno Thomas on YouTube has well, he posts math videos specifically geared towards the ASVAB and ASTB. Khan Academy has been another life saver and I can't recommend them enough.

davidc1220

I just picked up a copy of CliffNotes Math Review for Standardized Tests. It walks you through how to do tons of different problems found on the ASTB...I actually found it through an ASTB website that recommended it. Maybe check that out! If you're struggling with word problems (drt, percentages, etc.) Minute Math on YouTube has helped me a ton. If you search for Kieno Thomas on YouTube has well, he posts math videos specifically geared towards the ASVAB and ASTB. Khan Academy has been another life saver and I can't recommend them enough.

I'll take a look at those for sure, the good thing is I'm giving myself time so I'm going to take care of what I have to. I've seen kieno thomas and khan but ill look at the others for sure. Thanks!!

Emily33

I'll take a look at those for sure, the good thing is I'm giving myself time so I'm going to take care of what I have to. I've seen kieno thomas and khan but ill look at the others for sure. Thanks!!

For sure! Now at least you know what to expect so adapt and overcome! You mentioned UAV flashcards...I'll give you the ones I've been studying as well as many others...I've been told that the first 28 don't resemble the actual test but the rest are similar. Totally not sure if you already have these but just in case :)

gspock

Hey everyone

I’m pretty sure you can get a one point waiver.

Metromedic

Contributor
Hey everyone

This was my advice. You can read the post here.

davidc1220

For sure! Now at least you know what to expect so adapt and overcome! You mentioned UAV flashcards...I'll give you the ones I've been studying as well as many others...I've been told that the first 28 don't resemble the actual test but the rest are similar. Totally not sure if you already have these but just in case :)

These were the ones I was looking at, the ones showing terrain are the exact way the test will show you and it will also give you a heading. I was confused because I couldn't tell which direction the UAV was heading.

davidc1220

This was my advice. You can read the post here.

This is excellent everything you said onhere is spot on. Ill keep this so that way I don't lose any info in the time until I take it again.

gspock

I'd have to check on that but if so I could try and see if that would be an option but its too good be true. I've never heard of it. Do you know someone who has gotten it before?
I know the one point is waiver is only for the marines. I don’t think the navy has a waiver.