• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

davidc1220

I know the one point is waiver is only for the marines. I don’t think the navy has a waiver.

That's what I'm going for, ill have to talk to my OSO about it. Honestly it doesn't hurt to try. I'm going to keep prepping in case there's no way to do it either way.

Metromedic

Contributor
That's what I'm going for, ill have to talk to my OSO about it. Honestly it doesn't hurt to try. I'm going to keep prepping in case there's no way to do it either way.
Honestly, I would just study hard for the next 30 days and retake the examination to obtain a good, competitive score. Unless the board is in a few weeks for USMC and you plan on submitting for it, just re-test and don't focus on a one point waiver. Either way its more paperwork for you and a greater headache.

davidc1220

Honestly, I would just study hard for the next 30 days and retake the examination to obtain a good, competitive score. Unless the board is in a few weeks for USMC and you plan on submitting for it, just re-test and don't focus on a one point waiver. Either way its more paperwork for you and a greater headache.
Thats pretty much what I'm going to do. If they say it sounds like its a pain ill just drop it and focus on the next test. I already have one waiver so another one is probably not going to help my case but I'm aiming for the summer OCS class. If not, Fall class is always an option

Metromedic

Contributor
Thats pretty much what I'm going to do. If they say sound like its a pain ill just drop it and focus on the next test. I already have one waiver so another one is probably not going to help my case but I'm aiming for the summer OCS class. If not, Fall class is always an option
Oh if its summer, dont even ask ?

Metromedic

Contributor
I'm flexible and I have time so Fall OCS will workout just as well. More time to prep physically too
Dude, I am hating getting in shape again. I did a 450m swim today and that about killed me. Wasn't too horrible for having not done so in over five years. 14:45. I'm sure I can slim it down to 12:00 or 11:00 as well as my waistline ?

davidc1220

Dude, I am hating getting in shape again. I did a 450m swim today and that about killed me. Wasn't too horrible for having not done so in over five years. 14:45. I'm sure I can slim it down to 12:00 or 11:00 as well as my waistline ?
My biggest thing is running but I'm doing a couple of programs right now that are helping me prepare myself for OCS. I've been there once but it was 4 years ago and I was dropped for a double category failure. I know it was me and I accepted it and moved on but they gave me the chance to reapply and I'm not the same person I was then so life goes on and I keep pushing

Metromedic

Contributor
My biggest thing is running but I'm doing a couple of programs right now that are helping me prepare myself for OCS. I've been there once but it was 4 years ago and I was dropped for a double category failure. I know it was me and I accepted it and moved on but they gave me the chance to reapply and I'm not the same person I was then so life goes on and I keep pushing
The best way I did it was start at one mile and increase with half mile increments every 2-3 weeks.

davidc1220

The best way I did it was start at one mile and increase with half mile increments every 2-3 weeks.
Yeah my long runs are about 4-6 miles with different running practices throughout the week but I think I need new shoes or insoles. Either way i have to balance physical prep and ASTB prep

Metromedic

Contributor
Yeah my long runs are about 4-6 miles with different running practices throughout the week but I think I need new shoes or insoles. Either way i have to balance physical prep and ASTB prep
Focus on ASTB primarily as you'll definitely have time post examination.