• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

NevarYalnal

Also if anyone could tell me the time for each section and the number of questions that would be great. Alot of sources have conflicting information on this.

it's an adaptive test, # of questions can vary greatly from person to person. some people may use up the entire time, others might have the section end early. I want to say you have 30 or so mins each for math / reading, and around 15 mins for mechanical.

Mike74

Hey y'all, went in for a re-test for the ASTB today. Long story short, I was unable to re-test due to an issue with the system I suppose. According to the system my first test was never closed out. It said something similar to "attempt not complete". There was a start date, but not an end date for my first attempt. Quite odd, especially due to the fact that I received scores for all four sections... The OAR, AQR FOFAR and PFAR all had score listed.. Anyone ever heard anything like this?

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Hey y'all, went in for a re-test for the ASTB today. Long story short, I was unable to re-test due to an issue with the system I suppose. According to the system my first test was never closed out. It said something similar to "attempt not complete". There was a start date, but not an end date for my first attempt. Quite odd, especially due to the fact that I received scores for all four sections... The OAR, AQR FOFAR and PFAR all had score listed.. Anyone ever heard anything like this?

OR told my friend that the system to take the ASTB is down. Said there was an email circulating. Where did you try to take the test at?

Mike74

OR told my friend that the system to take the ASTB is down. Said there was an email circulating. Where did you try to take the test at?
Hmm, really? Well I was IN the system, just was unable to start the test.. Not sure if this was due to the system "being down". I am station in Sigonella, Sicily. Italy.. I attempted the retake here this morning.

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
Hmm, really? Well I was IN the system, just was unable to start the test.. Not sure if this was due to the system "being down". I am station in Sigonella, Sicily. Italy.. I attempted the retake here this morning.

Gotcha, I just thought it may have been a regional issue from what I was told. Guess it is larger than that.

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
Where'd you'd get the info that they are planning for a large selection this year?

Read a recent doc on the Navy Mil page on aviator shortages. There has been prior boards results posted on selection rates which have shown positive trends/ growth. Which would assume large selections. Plus, my recruiter has said as such. Now could I be wrong, yes. I would assume I am correct though.

gspock

Hi guys I need some help with a couple of questions!

1. I need help with solving 4^-1/4 - 16^-3/9 / 2 ^-2/10

2. What plane was converted to a tanker during operation Iraqi Freedom?

S-3 Viking?

3. What plane was converted to an air tanker during Desert Storm?

Tomcat?

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
Hi guys I need some help with a couple of questions!

1. I need help with solving 4^-1/4 - 16^-3/9 / 2 ^-2/10

2. What plane was converted to a tanker during operation Iraqi Freedom?

S-3 Viking?

3. What plane was converted to an air tanker during Desert Storm?

Tomcat?
1A.)1/4 (remember change the signs, change the sides) 1B.) 2^10/3-1)/16^1/3 (not going to be this advanced on the test) 1C.) 1/2^1/5 (same as 1B)
2.) The Wiking
3.) KC-10, I think

PEFO Silver-Shades

Just took the ASTB and received ASTB 45 7/8/7, Obviously not a competitive OAR score. With a 3.86 GPA what are my chances of being accepted if i sent in my package? I understand the board looks at the package as a whole instead of individual components

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
Just took the ASTB and received ASTB 45 7/8/7, Obviously not a competitive OAR score. With a 3.86 GPA what are my chances of being accepted if i sent in my package? I understand the board looks at the package as a whole instead of individual components

I scored a 44 9/8/8. OR told me I was good. If you are going SNA/SNFO you should be good.

donkeh

OAR isn't really looked at when it comes to SNA and NFO selection, thats what the ASTB is for. Your scores are great along with a very strong GPA. If you're good physically and have a clean legal record I think you have a great shot at SNA or NFO. When I asked my recruiter about the "whole person concept", he gave me a little shake of his head and plainly told me that GPA and ASTB are by far the most important factors. I've heard that information reiterated on this forums and other sites as well. So based off that, I'd feel confident with your stats.
I scored a 44 9/8/8. OR told me I was good. If you are going SNA/SNFO you should be good.

What he said. Also, killer scores man! What board are you guys on?