• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

dav246

Warriors,

The newest version of the ASTB Prep app was approved by Apple overnight and can updated if you have already purchased the app. The app now includes a lesson on the new subtest, specifically the Terrain Identification (TI) Subtest on the PBM. It also consists of a practice version of the TI Test. Please read the lesson before attempting to use the practice test on the app. If you want to use the updated version, you may have to manually update the app via the app store.

View attachment 38953

If you have any further input regarding improving the TI Practice test (Layout, Google Earth Map Data more similar to the actual exam, etc.) or the application, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Does anyone know any other place that I should post this information to (Reddit Page Somewhere)?

ASTB Prep (iOS)

Happy Studying,
Two Scoops
So scoops, is it possible to make it so that I don't need IOS 16 for the update? The Iphone I have been using is a bit on the old side and only goes up to 15.7.9

Also, what IpadIOS would I need for it? In case I gotta go shopping.

Last edited:

DBM

Eventually, yes, I can't give a specific timeline for the Android version update at the moment, but I will start working on it soon. I'm assuming you are an Android user; when are you planning on taking the test?
Ok no problem. I don't have an exact time I'm planning on taking the test yet, just currently studying, so I'm in no rush

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
Ok no problem. I don't have an exact time I'm planning on taking the test yet, just currently studying, so I'm in no rush
Okay, I will let everyone know when the Android version is up and running. And I will reach out to you to give you an ETA of publishing when I have one.

Reactions: DBM

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
For the exam, do the map locations change per question or is it the same terrain?
Thanks!
I'm not sure at this point; I intend to add more maps as time passes, preferably map data that closely resembles the actual exam. In this case, I need more feedback to do. Does anyone know whether the reference map changes throughout the Terrain Identification Test?

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
So scoops, is it possible to make it so that I don't need IOS 16 for the update? The Iphone I have been using is a bit on the old side and only goes up to 15.7.9

Also, what IpadIOS would I need for it? In case I gotta go shopping.
Great question; currently, the minimum iOS version required is 16.0 for both iPhones and iPads. I will release another update of the app later this week so that I can try and reduce the minimum version required. I will let you know if I run into any issues. What model iPhone are you using?

I will say, though, that your user experience using an iPad while studying using the app is significantly better. The larger screen size makes it easier to go through the syllabus, and I think the practice testing experience is way better.

dav246

Great question; currently, the minimum iOS version required is 16.0 for both iPhones and iPads. I will release another update of the app later this week so that I can try and reduce the minimum version required. I will let you know if I run into any issues. What model iPhone are you using?

I will say, though, that your user experience using an iPad while studying using the app is significantly better. The larger screen size makes it easier to go through the syllabus, and I think the practice testing experience is way better.
Thanks scoops. Was thinking about getting me an Ipad anyway. I am currently using my sisters old Iphone 6S.

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
Thanks again scoops. And just for the sake of thoroughness, it still needs at least 2.5 RAM to run right?
Yes, but note the RAM requirement is only for Android Devices. If you are planning on getting iPhone, you won't have any issues running it on any iPhone 10 and above.