• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

FlightEngineerBobby

SNA Applicant (ISPP)
okay,

retaking my ASTB tomorrow. I've brushed up on the math, and ANIT portion a little bit. last time i missed 10 of the UAV questions and i think i messed the hearing portion up. with that said, if i don't miss any UAV's and keep my reaction time around 2.55 do you think my score will improve significantly? just trying to get 5's here!

BDavis11

Contributor
okay,

retaking my ASTB tomorrow. I've brushed up on the math, and ANIT portion a little bit. last time i missed 10 of the UAV questions and i think i messed the hearing portion up. with that said, if i don't miss any UAV's and keep my reaction time around 2.55 do you think my score will improve significantly? just trying to get 5's here!
You got this!!!

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
okay,

If you are just shooting for 5's, you should be good man. Just don't blow away the academic tests, and Im sure you will improve on the UAV and other portions of the PBM.

FlightEngineerBobby

SNA Applicant (ISPP)
If you are just shooting for 5's, you should be good man. Just don't blow away the academic tests, and Im sure you will improve on the UAV and other portions of the PBM.
You got this!!!
thanks yall!

the math and english are as good as they're going to get. the Mechanical side of the house is F&%king me hard for some reason. pulleys, and equations are not my friend. i also just assumed my experience as a flight engineer would carry me in this area... it did not.

dav246

Hey people, new here. I am planning on going the Marine Corps Aviation path, and just took the OAR portion of Barons practice ASTB test cold turkey to see what I could do fresh with no study. I got a 50 on the math portion, as in 15/30 correct, an 89 on the reading comp as in 24/27, and a 73 on the physics/mechanics, as in 22/30 correct. How close to the real thing is Barons, should I be concerned with that math score, how do I get a better math score, and with these scores, what would I get on the OAR portion? If anybody can answer any of these questions I would appreciate it.

piper56M

Hey people, new here. I am planning on going the Marine Corps Aviation path, and just took the OAR portion of Barons practice ASTB test cold turkey to see what I could do fresh with no study. I got a 50 on the math portion, as in 15/30 correct, an 89 on the reading comp as in 24/27, and a 73 on the physics/mechanics, as in 22/30 correct. How close to the real thing is Barons, should I be concerned with that math score, how do I get a better math score, and with these scores, what would I get on the OAR portion? If anybody can answer any of these questions I would appreciate it.
I used Barrons to study for the ASTB (along with several other resources), and while the questions were helpful study aids, the questions on the actual test were a bit more involved (for math). Best bit of advice I can give for improving in math for the OAR is to go through as much content as possible in addition to Barrons. Drill through practice problems in Kyle's study kit and the several other kits linked throughout this thread, and find your weak areas in doing so - then improve in those areas as much as possible.

as for what your practice test scores translate to in relation to the OAR - couldn't tell ya.

Wizard-GG

Looking for some help, I have been trying to find a link for a study guide. I am just looking for reps in the math section, I have read about "kyles study guide" on google docs? can anyone help? taking my first ASTB on sep 28 and I am struggling hard with the math portion.