• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

I think that example is wrong, I'm really rusty at these but I'll give it a shot. It takes 60 man hours to complete the job regardless of how many people are working on it. After 6 hrs of work 6 people have done 36 man hrs. 11 am - 5 pm is 6 hrs. So there is 24 man hours of work remaining. 7 people then work for an hour, leaving 17 man hrs remaining. Then 8 people work for an hr leaving 9 man hrs remaining. Then 9 people work for an hr finishing the job. Total it took 9 hours.

I didn't spend enough time figuring out how to make that into an equation.

Thanks. Don't know why I didn't think to just ignore the equation and work it out with common sense.

OptionsDollaraire

Does anyone know which subsections of the test relate to which scores? OAR/AQR/PFAR/FOFAR? I just took the ASTB for the 2nd time today and got the same exact score as my first (7/6/6) after practicing the PBM for a month using the X52 and Jantzen sim scoring mid 80s consistently on a monitor larger than the one at the testing station. I did way better on the tracking and dichotic as well as the UAV portion. I got 5 or 6 incorrect UAV questions the first time and only 1 incorrect the second time. This is leading me to believe Math reading and mechanical are related to the PFAR and FOFAR but that doesn’t make sense because I didn’t study those at all this time around but my OAR went up 4 points. Feeling super discouraged right now, especially because I feel like I did way better on the PBM but it didn’t show for shit.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Does anyone know which subsections of the test relate to which scores? OAR/AQR/PFAR/FOFAR? I just took the ASTB for the 2nd time today and got the same exact score as my first (7/6/6) after practicing the PBM for a month using the X52 and Jantzen sim scoring mid 80s consistently on a monitor larger than the one at the testing station. I did way better on the tracking and dichotic as well as the UAV portion. I got 5 or 6 incorrect UAV questions the first time and only 1 incorrect the second time. This is leading me to believe Math reading and mechanical are related to the PFAR and FOFAR but that doesn’t make sense because I didn’t study those at all this time around but my OAR went up 4 points. Feeling super discouraged right now, especially because I feel like I did way better on the PBM but it didn’t show for shit.
This is what @Hopeful Hoya has found and posted before.

"Found this on the interwebs and figured I'd post it for people trying to improve their scores.

Academic Qualifications Rating (AQR): This score is affected by performance on all subtests, but the strongest influence is made by the Math Skills Test.

Pilot Flight Aptitude Rating (PFAR): This score is affected by performance on all subtests, but the greatest contribution is made by the Aviation & Nautical Info and Spatial Apperception Tests.

Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Rating (FOFAR): This score is affected by performance on all subtests, but the strongest influence is made by the Math Skills Test.

Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR): This score is affected by performance on the first three subtests, Math Skills, Reading Comprehension, and Mechanical Comprehension.

So for SNA/SNFO hopefuls, especially focus on the Math, Aviation History, and UAV sections.

http://www.usnavy.vt.edu/documents/astboverview.pdf "

OptionsDollaraire

Well, don't do what I did then by blowing off ANIT. I haven't flown for over 4 years so my aviation knowledge is pretty bad. On to round 3 for me...

OptionsDollaraire

After thinking about it more I am at a completely loss. My OAR went up 4 points from my last take, but AQR/PFAR/FOFAR stayed the same. I did significantly better on the PBM (missed 1 UAV question, answered all in average 3 seconds. Crosshairs were green similarity to Jantzen sim on hardest setting getting scores consistently in the 80-90 range). Anit i performed similar to my last test. Can anyone give any insight to this? Does the inventory compute to a score as well? Did I pick bad answers in the inventory to show I am not officer material? I am at a complete loss.

After thinking about it more I am at a completely loss. My OAR went up 4 points from my last take, but AQR/PFAR/FOFAR stayed the same. I did significantly better on the PBM (missed 1 UAV question, answered all in average 3 seconds. Crosshairs were green similarity to Jantzen sim on hardest setting getting scores consistently in the 80-90 range). Anit i performed similar to my last test. Can anyone give any insight to this? Does the inventory compute to a score as well? Did I pick bad answers in the inventory to show I am not officer material? I am at a complete loss.
Howd you do on the emergency sections? Did you get a red flashing screen? Also your UAV test can be improved. Aim for 1.5-2.25 seconds with no incorrect answers. Howd you do on dichotic listening? Do not get any incorrect button presses on the listening/tracking portion. I dont think tracking is your issue. Also math and Anit are crucial.

OptionsDollaraire

Got all 3 right no flashing red screen. Resolved in 3 seconds. I will try better at UAV. I just dont get my OAR score going up but everything else PBM wise stays the same. And I would say at most I got 2 incorrect button presses on dichotic listening. But yeah Ill have to dive into the PHAK.

Got all 3 right no flashing red screen. Resolved in 3 seconds. I will try better at UAV. I just dont get my OAR score going up but everything else PBM wise stays the same. And I would say at most I got 2 incorrect button presses on dichotic listening. But yeah Ill have to dive into the PHAK.
I wouldn't be surprised if even the 1 missed uav and 2 missed on dichotic hurt your score more than you realize. Along with missing a few potentially on the ANIT and maybe math and that comes out to the 7/6/6. This is complete speculation cause no one has the formula for scores, but since you're ranked against others just assume 9s aren't missing more than 0-1 on uav/listening/anit/math and 8s aren't missing more than 2-3. reading and mechanical comprehension aren't that important.

OptionsDollaraire

I wouldn't be surprised if even the 1 missed uav and 2 missed on dichotic hurt your score more than you realize. Along with missing a few potentially on the ANIT and maybe math and that comes out to the 7/6/6. This is complete speculation cause no one has the formula for scores, but since you're ranked against others just assume 9s aren't missing more than 0-1 on uav/listening/anit/math and 8s aren't missing more than 2-3. reading and mechanical comprehension aren't that important.
I know no one has the formula but man it just hurts seeing past posts saying how they missed 6-8 UAV questions and didnt have the cursors on green barely any of the test time (unless that’s just being humble and they did have green crosshairs for a good portion) but then they go on to score 8 PFAR. I feel defeated but I’m going to study very hard for math, Anit, PBM, and UAV.

Also maybe worth mentioning that I was able to score in the 90s for the Air Force AFOQT as well as a 95 for the PCSM. So I know I can score better on these tests but at the same time they are different tests…

Hey guys pretty new here. I just took the ASTB for the first time yesterday and got 49 3/3/4, the parts I struggled with the most is ANIT and PBM. I bought the X52 stick and throttle and will practice with the Jantzen sim, but how do I study for the ANIT portion?

Aggie23

Hey guys pretty new here. I just took the ASTB for the first time yesterday and got 49 3/3/4, the parts I struggled with the most is ANIT and PBM. I bought the X52 stick and throttle and will practice with the Jantzen sim, but how do I study for the ANIT portion?
I used the "ASTB Prep" app, I think the creators are on this thread somewhere but I found it very helpful. It has lessons for everything and the questions in the practice test change each time you take them and are adaptive like on the real test. Beats test books that only have one or two practice tests. Definitely worth the $10 or however much it is.

Napolitano99

Does anyone know how to go about solving?
I've gotten this question on both ASTB's. It is the data set problem that goes something like...... There is a data set with numbers of guys and girls who prefer trucks to cars and guys and girls who prefer chevy to ford. From the data set, what percentage of the survey is girls that prefer trucks and boys that prefer chevy.

Hold up they have the personality inventory questions, I thought they did away with those last I checked, but if you took this recently then I guess not. Just confused now could have sworn they weren't part of the test and I know they aren't part of the scores, as we know anyway.