• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Triumph_MAC

What’s everyone’s thought on a retake. I’ve taken the ASTB-E one time 42 5,7,6, was a non select for the November 20 and May 21 aviation board. I’ve been studying and am going to starting up with a tutor for math next week. My package is complete but am thinking I’d be better off retaking and shooting for a better OAR and AQR.

Fib

What’s everyone’s thought on a retake. I’ve taken the ASTB-E one time 42 5,7,6, was a non select for the November 20 and May 21 aviation board. I’ve been studying and am going to starting up with a tutor for math next week. My package is complete but am thinking I’d be better off retaking and shooting for a better OAR and AQR.
Definitely retake

exNavyOffRec

A higher PFAR might help you get noticed more than a 7, OAR and AQR that is higher might not really do much more. My concern is that they are giving you a N due to your age and it is too bad if that is the case they don't let you know.

I would agree that retaking is something you could do, I hope it ends up getting you noticed and selected.

FloridaDad

My retake is in 5 days guys! I'm really hoping to raise my 6 PFAR up to an 8. Most days I'm pretty confident that I'll do that since I'm more prepared now with the knowledge of taking the test already and preparing based on that experience. I'll be honest though I have days and moments where I'm overwhelmed by the importance of this test. I know that a 7 is still a solid score if I only raise my PFAR 1 point... but man I want that 8 so badly. I don't want to give them any reason to say no to me.

My retake is in 5 days guys! I'm really hoping to raise my 6 PFAR up to an 8. Most days I'm pretty confident that I'll do that since I'm more prepared now with the knowledge of taking the test already and preparing based on that experience. I'll be honest though I have days and moments where I'm overwhelmed by the importance of this test. I know that a 7 is still a solid score if I only raise my PFAR 1 point... but man I want that 8 so badly. I don't want to give them any reason to say no to me.
You got it man! Keep the push.

Fib

Good luck my guy you got this! ??

Triumph_MAC

A higher PFAR might help you get noticed more than a 7, OAR and AQR that is higher might not really do much more. My concern is that they are giving you a N due to your age and it is too bad if that is the case they don't let you know.

I would agree that retaking is something you could do, I hope it ends up getting you noticed and selected.
That’s what I’m afraid of as well. My thoughts are they may see low score and couple that with my age and not look at the rest of the kit. Hopefully I can get a higher score and they may overlook my age. @FarSouth_CycleSAR gives me hope.
I did address it in my package and all my interviewers recommended the board look past my age, but that won’t help of the board doesn’t even make it that far in my kit.

Triumph_MAC

Keep trucking away at my man. You’ll do solid. Think of the test not as a stress test but as a celebration of knowledge for the work you put in.

csanfilippo9

Hey All, my 3rd and final attempt at the astb is on the 25th and I was hoping anybody could give me some last minute advice on how to bump up a point on AQR and PFAR currently sitting at 6s, would love to hear some feedback on what I could work on to try to achieve 7 or even 8.

FloridaDad

Hey All, my 3rd and final attempt at the astb is on the 25th and I was hoping anybody could give me some last minute advice on how to bump up a point on AQR and PFAR currently sitting at 6s, would love to hear some feedback on what I could work on to try to achieve 7 or even 8.
What are you currently doing to study?

csanfilippo9

Barrons Military Aptitude Text Book
Kyle’s Study Guide
ASTB Prep App ( use it the least questions don’t change)
Sam’s Study Guide.

For the life of me I’ve been studying and doing plenty of practice exams, I just can’t get my aqr score up. I got 6s on both pfar and fofar (I got 3 wrong on the UAV averaging low 2 seconds). I wonder if a higher aqr will equate to a point or two on my scores. Both times I’ve taken it , my MST gets cut short at around 16-17 questions.

Barrons Military Aptitude Text Book
Kyle’s Study Guide
ASTB Prep App ( use it the least questions don’t change)
Sam’s Study Guide.

For the life of me I’ve been studying and doing plenty of practice exams, I just can’t get my aqr score up. I got 6s on both pfar and fofar (I got 3 wrong on the UAV averaging low 2 seconds). I wonder if a higher aqr will equate to a point or two on my scores. Both times I’ve taken it , my MST gets cut short at around 16-17 questions.
Based on things I've read and my best guess, AQR is derived mainly from your Math and ANIT scores. It is a predictor of your success in Aviation ground school. So the flying and UAV portions probably don't factor in very much at all.

csanfilippo9

Based on things I've read and my best guess, AQR is derived mainly from your Math and ANIT scores. It is a predictor of your success in Aviation ground school. So the flying and UAV portions probably don't factor in very much at all.
Appreciate the input. That’s what I’ve been mostly hammering studying.