• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

FloridaDad

Fib

So this flashcard set has appeared a few times in study guides posted on here and I wanted an opinion from someone that's actually taken the test. Some of this information seems overkill (questions about space flight and such) and at 415 cards, I'm wondering if there's too much in here. Does this deck seem reasonable, or does it seem to have a bunch of unnecessary information in it? https://www.cram.com/flashcards/astb-aviation-nautical-information-test-anit-comprehensive-4718163

I studied those quite a bit. Can't hurt to know too much rather than too little.

Hello,
Trying to go #1 SWO-CW #2 CW some other options but eventually I would definitely become a pilot if one of these doesn’t pan out. I wish I would have known about this site months ago. Have a current package in for the next board.
Associates of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology and a second in Avionic Systems Technology. Bachelors of science in Electrical Engineering Technology. 9 years Air National Guard 8 years was an an Integrated Avionics Technician, now I’m in the maintenance operations center. I currently work doing precision navigation and timing work for the Air Force Research Lab (contractor). My degree GPA was a 3.7 but my career gpa was a 3.05 (rocky start before the military was in my life). What do you think my chances are?

Also, the recruiters couldn’t tell me if the CW restriction of 5 qualifying years being points based, TIS, or what metric.
V/R,
Gleason

OAR 62, ASTB 7/5/6

exNavyOffRec

Hello,
Trying to go #1 SWO-CW #2 CW some other options but eventually I would definitely become a pilot if one of these doesn’t pan out. I wish I would have known about this site months ago. Have a current package in for the next board.
Associates of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology and a second in Avionic Systems Technology. Bachelors of science in Electrical Engineering Technology. 9 years Air National Guard 8 years was an an Integrated Avionics Technician, now I’m in the maintenance operations center. I currently work doing precision navigation and timing work for the Air Force Research Lab (contractor). My degree GPA was a 3.7 but my career gpa was a 3.05 (rocky start before the military was in my life). What do you think my chances are?

Also, the recruiters couldn’t tell me if the CW restriction of 5 qualifying years being points based, TIS, or what metric.
V/R,
Gleason

OAR 62, ASTB 7/5/6
The processors know how to determine the total TIS, they basically add up every day your spent on AD or drilling, etc and then get the number.

also there is no quota (billets available for FY 22) for SWO-CW

The processors know how to determine the total TIS, they basically add up every day your spent on AD or drilling, etc and then get the number.

also there is no quota (billets available for FY 22) for SWO-CW
Interesting, I guess that means I’m only submitted for CW. However I have seen others say they have gotten some form of confirmation that the application was submitted. I only heard from my recruiter that it was submitted?

exNavyOffRec

Interesting, I guess that means I’m only submitted for CW. However I have seen others say they have gotten some form of confirmation that the application was submitted. I only heard from my recruiter that it was submitted?
Since you had one choice that has spots it would go through.

Does anyone know the fighter fitted with tankers in Iraqi Freedom? I have 6 different guides and it's split 50/50 with people saying the S3 Viking and the F14 Tomcat. Can anyone clarify definitively?

FloridaDad

Has anyone used the ASTB prep app for study material and done well on the ASTB?
I'll let you know once I take it on December 6th, but I will say, there's a lot of stuff missing from that app that is in other study guides. I love the way they score the practice tests and the UAV simulator is awesome, but make sure you're using other study guides for prep as well!