• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Azteca1990

Can anyone please help me find the link to the joystick and throttle simulator with the cool Top-Gun music? I have been searching for it through the forums but it seems to be gone to the ether.

hey guys, I'm new here and I've gotten a ton of great info and study tools. I was wondering if anyone had any specific forms for their volunteering and community work or if you guys just compiled it into a nicely formatted word document.
if someone has already asked this, please feel free to let me know where at, i've read through about 100 pages of this very long thread and find a ton on every page, but i dont believe i've seen what i am looking for.
thanks in advance!

smpl_dude

Hey all, I just took the ASTB this morning. Did really well, but I can't go to MEPS until late october/early November, because I got my eyes fixed back in April. Does anyone know when the next pilot board meets? Or have they not released board dates for next year yet? I'm assuming Jan/Feb but I haven't seen any updated info for next year.

exNavyOffRec

Hey all, I just took the ASTB this morning. Did really well, but I can't go to MEPS until late october/early November, because I got my eyes fixed back in April. Does anyone know when the next pilot board meets? Or have they not released board dates for next year yet? I'm assuming Jan/Feb but I haven't seen any updated info for next year.
That is a good estimate, make sure for your 6 month check up it is indeed at least 6 months since your surgery.

datsekcey

I started studying for the OAR exam since December of last year because MATH has always bested me. My first OAR exam back in April, destroyed my confidence, I scored a 42, the countless hours spent did not amount to anything. I went back to the drawing board and took it a month later and did worse than the first time, I scored a 40 and at that point I was disoriented and distraught. I thought for sure I had corrected my mistakes and here I am worse off than before but there was a silver lining, I started to understand I did not know math, I was mentally memorizing materials from here and not necessarily knowing them or how to setup a problem to get an answer. To make a long story short I hired a tutor for the last three months and paid over $600 and pushed my final attempt to today 7Sep2021 and it was a gamble that paid off, I scored a 57. To anybody else who may be going through some of the same hurdles/obstacles, don’t give up, it’s possible if this is what you want. I have 4 kids all below the age of 7 and (1) is a 2 month old, but I continued to grind everyday. Eric Thomas said it best, “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath only then will you be successful.

datsekcey

I started studying for the OAR exam since December of last year because MATH has always bested me. My first OAR exam back in April, destroyed my confidence, I scored a 42, the countless hours spent did not amount to anything. I went back to the drawing board and took it a month later and did worse than the first time, I scored a 40 and at that point I was disoriented and distraught. I thought for sure I had corrected my mistakes and here I am worse off than before but there was a silver lining, I started to understand I did not know math, I was mentally memorizing materials from here and not necessarily knowing them or how to setup a problem to get an answer. To make a long story short I hired a tutor for the last three months and paid over $600 and pushed my final attempt to today 7Sep2021 and it was a gamble that paid off, I scored a 57. To anybody else who may be going through some of the same hurdles/obstacles, don’t give up, it’s possible if this is what you want. I have 4 kids all below the age of 7 and (1) is a 2 month old, but I continued to grind everyday. Eric Thomas said it best, “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath only then will you be successful.

I also followed this guy’s advice on Reddit, I don’t know if it’s already posted on here but a majority of the questions I saw on my exam were on the study materials he linked from his description.

c_madrid35

Took my ASTB this past week and, thanks to y'all, scored a 67 9/8/8. I'm a CFI with almost 600 hours so that helped on the aviation portions. I studied for about a month and used Barron's Prep at the start. It's good for reviewing the simpler stuff, but there's nothing about the more complex things you will see on the test. Below is the primary post I used for studying in the last 2 weeks leading up to the test. Sam's Drive has a lot of good information. It helped me so much and I would highly recommend going through all of it. Thanks to everyone who has helped pool this information together. Fingers crossed for an SNA slot this November. Cheers!!!

Post #6,679 https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...es-ask-your-questions-here.28348/post-1043326

JpQuist

Hello everyone I am applying for SNA and I finally finished up taking the ASTB for the first time. I scored 50 6 6 7 and would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread for helping me better prepared. I had some difficulties while taking it. I only finished the OAR and ANIT part before having to come back two weeks later to finish up the PBM due to system error related to the recent hurricanes.

When I started taking the Performance based measures the first time the headphones were not playing in separate ears like they were suppose to but instead playing both audios from both ears. the system was also running incredibly slow. I returned two weeks later for the same issue with the headphones not to be resolved, but went ahead and continued anyways. I know this technical difficulty more than likely effected my scores, but the testing site was a three and half hour trip for me and it seemed like there wasn't much that could be done at that point. No excuses here I should have known better. With that being said I felt like overall the entire ASTB was no where near as difficult as I was expecting it. I do not feel like my scores are competitive enough, but I am also concerned with retaking it and doing worse and wasting a decent test score. Im applying for the board sometime in the spring and right now Im stuck with the decision of whether or not I should retake. Im worried about not doing as well on the OAR the second go around, but I am very confident I would do better on the PBM knowing what I do now and being exposed to that portion of the test. Any advice would be much appreciated!