• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

velociboilerraptor

semi-adept desk flyer
NROTC mid here, service assigning in September. SNA is my first choice followed by SNFO. I have a 6/6/5 w 51 OAR, 295 PRT, ranked top 5 in my class, 3.2 GPA. I have one try left before I put in my package, so I'm wondering if its worth it to take it again or if I should just submit my package as is and risk not selecting aviation at all. Does anyone have experience selecting SNA/SNFO out of NROTC with similar scores?

BusterScruggs

on the emergency procedures, is the green/red on the dials low/high? I cannot remember exactly how the dials were set up, and now i am questioning if i did it right at all lol
You would know if you failed the emergency procedures, the screen will turn red indicating that you "died." Trust me, I know from experience lol. Here's a link that might be helpful if you are worried about the PBM section, it discusses each of the PBM subsections in detail.

6thcali

Hi everyone,

I took my first ASTB today and ended with a score of 5/6/6. Initially, everything was going well with the PBM portion until I started the Emergency Procedure portion of the test (which really dragged my PFAR score for sure). It was odd because I had the procedures written down and followed the steps accordingly but it seemed like none of my responses would go through and my screen would just turn red every time when I know I had been responding correctly. Did it turn red every time because I turned the knobs too quickly? Is there a wait time instruction between each responses that I missed? Could it be possible that the throttle were just not responding? I was really confused by the Emergency Procedure portion. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

lskiles713

Is someone able to explain the theory behind the UAV part? I have seen the flashcards and the drawn compass trick but can't make out what is actually happening. Any help would be appreciated.

BusterScruggs

Hi everyone,

I took my first ASTB today and ended with a score of 5/6/6. Initially, everything was going well with the PBM portion until I started the Emergency Procedure portion of the test (which really dragged my PFAR score for sure). It was odd because I had the procedures written down and followed the steps accordingly but it seemed like none of my responses would go through and my screen would just turn red every time when I know I had been responding correctly. Did it turn red every time because I turned the knobs too quickly? Is there a wait time instruction between each responses that I missed? Could it be possible that the throttle were just not responding? I was really confused by the Emergency Procedure portion. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
The exact same thing happened to me about a month ago when I tested for the first time. I wrote down the procedures and I am 100% sure I did so correctly, I was extremely frustrated afterward and still don't know what I did wrong.

peterson

Hey, everyone--

I've been having a really hard time tracking down how many answer options each section of the OAR has. I like having that information especially when choosing practice materials, but I've seen a lot of conflicting answers. Some sources say 5 in Math, Reading, and Mech Comp (A-E). Others have 4 for each section (A-D). Various practice materials have 4 in Math and Reading and then 3 in MC. I think it's the last one, but does anyone remember?

Thanks in advance for any info!

JpQuist

Hello all,

Could someone point me in the direction to find the spread sheet where people posted their test scores and results?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hi everyone,

Did you push the button once you had the knobs set correctly? If you didn't, the screen will turn red every time.

bcal

Still grinding away for my 3rd attempt... I was wondering what everyone used for the ANIT portion? So far, I have FAA manual, Barrons, and the 400+ flashcard set on Cram. What else can I utilize to really get the Naval stuff down pat? Thanks for any advice!
Get “ASTB PREP“ app in the app store.

Nate1793

I just took ASTB-e today. I got 63 7/5/6. Any advice for what I should do? Retake or just submit for the board? The board is in October.

villo0692

I just took ASTB-e today. I got 63 7/5/6. Any advice for what I should do? Retake or just submit for the board? The board is in October.
board's in November 1st. given that the deadline for this board is Sept 17, that would leave you with like 2 days before the deadline after you retake the ASTB, and if we have learned something in the past few boards, is that you will probably get rolled to whichever board is next. however, your PFAR (I'm assuming you want to be a pilot) is at the minimum score, and tbh chances of getting picked are also quite slim....for NFO, you have a bit of a better score....shit, I would apply, just to make sure you actually get seen (hey miracles do happen), but keep studying hard just in case you don't get picked, you can just retake the ASTB rightaway and not have to wait 6 months to reapply

good luck Nathaniel