• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

OperationChungus

pilot
Perhaps it’s based on OR preference like I said. But that was my experience: MEPS, then ASTB.

My OR wanted a qualifying ASTB score before he did the paperwork to send me to MEPS. Makes sense since it is a lot of work and waiting on his end versus me calling NAMI and scheduling a test date, which took no more than 2 minutes.

PhlyHigh94

My OR wanted a qualifying ASTB score before he did the paperwork to send me to MEPS. Makes sense since it is a lot of work and waiting on his end versus me calling NAMI and scheduling a test date, which took no more than 2 minutes.
Follow what he says. Also if you need help with ASTB, shoot me a private message on inbox.

Calltheball

Marine Corps question: What do Marines now take for ASTB since they don't have NFO's? I'm a little confused about which parts of the tests go with who. My understanding is that pilot candidates take Math/Verbal, Mechanical, Spatial, Biographical inventory and lastly Aviation/Nautical Information. Is this correct? Will all these sections still count for USMC now? Thanks!

Calltheball

I guess what i really want to know is what parts are on the PFAR? Is that just the Spatial Apperception Test or do you do the UAV stuff also...like with the compass rose?

Calltheball

Thanks....there's good info on the ANIT, but I haven't seen much on the PBM.....is that just the spatial apperception test plus the "flight simulator"? Do pilots do the UAV questions too?

PhlyHigh94

There is no more spatial apperception. Now you just do the tracking with the stick and throttle. And yes you have to do the UAV. Be careful with those. 3 of those wrong resulted in a 6. For pilots they dont really look at that but try to be in the 7’s for the AQR AND PFAR.

Calltheball

Ah got it now (I think)...thx. So to sum up the new ASTB test....
Math Skills Test
Reading Comprehension Test
Mechanical Comprehension Test
PFAR --- which is ANIT & PBM (sim plus UAV)
NATFI (Traits)
BI-RV (Bio)
Is that correct?

OperationChungus

pilot
Ah got it now (I think)...thx. So to sum up the new ASTB test....
Math Skills Test
Reading Comprehension Test
Mechanical Comprehension Test
PFAR --- which is ANIT & PBM (sim plus UAV)
NATFI (Traits)
BI-RV (Bio)
Is that correct?

The formula for the all of the scores are proprietary so we don’t know which tests heavily affect which score. They don’t do the BI-RV anymore.

pateln12

took my 3rd and final ASTB (53 6/7/7) with hopes of being selected for pilot. Have a very low gpa of 2.4 so was wondering do I even have a punchers shot at being selected vs going back to school for a few semesters to boost gpa?

PhlyHigh94

took my 3rd and final ASTB (53 6/7/7) with hopes of being selected for pilot. Have a very low gpa of 2.4 so was wondering do I even have a punchers shot at being selected vs going back to school for a few semesters to boost gpa?
What did you get in the other two times?