• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Even if you feel like you don't need your break in the middle of the test ...use it. It's nice to stretch your legs and walk around. Also, YMMV but I think it's important to use all the time allotted in each section, even if you finish early.

DON'T use the extra time to go second guess yourself, just use it (if you even have extra time) to make sure you didn't make any dumb mistakes or left any blank. (I caught myself twice on this trying to speed through..or I had thought I clicked it but I did not.)

Also, if you are cutting it to the wire, start guessing...it can't hurt you.

Good luck.

Gills

Are electrical circuits still in the ASTB?

I already took the ASTB once and I had no electrical questions in my version. Has anyone who has recently taken the ASTB encountered any electrical questions? specifically circuits?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I already took the ASTB once and I had no electrical questions in my version. Has anyone who has recently taken the ASTB encountered any electrical questions? specifically circuits?

I remember a while back that there were some BASIC electrical circuits. They had resistors in series and parallel and you had to tell which one was a bigger load on the circuit. REAL BASIC. I'm not sure if they are on any of the current versions 3, 4, or 5.

-ea6bflyr ;)

srqwho

pilot
I took mine back in April and I think I remember a few. But, like MEPS I have not made much effort remembering the details of that day.

cram88

BDCP Supply
Jeez, took it on the 6th, still no scores back! What could be taking so long? I mean it was the written exam, but Fedex ain't that slow. I will still keep you all updated.

PooterMadre

Hope you did well man! im taking my first one tomorrow and i am just like you were. sooo nervous.. but it defo makes me feel better that it wasnt as hard as you thought it would be.. ive been studying the gouge on here, the barrons and arco book.. hopefully i do alright! good luck to us all!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
WHAT?!? No more Delta-Y conversions for AC on the ASTB???

What is the world coming to!

FUCK EE! I hated the few courses I was required to take. Digital circuits and linear circuits are "easy" EE courses, but my mind no worky wrt electrical stuff.

BullGator

Jeez, took it on the 6th, still no scores back! What could be taking so long? I mean it was the written exam, but Fedex ain't that slow. I will still keep you all updated.
If you take it again, drive the extra distance to somewhere that offers the computer version. ;) The advantages/disadvantages have been discussed in other threads, but imo the computer version is the way to go since you don't spend all that time filling in bubbles and of course you get your scores the minute you finish.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yes there are simple circuits, just remember V= IR and you should be good to go, and know the concepts of series and parallel circuits.

RyanF

unimportant
Yes there are simple circuits, just remember V= IR and you should be good to go, and know the concepts of series and parallel circuits.

+1, and memory serves me right, they had even easier questions with a circuit diagram of only switches, light bulbs, and a battery. Then you are asked things such as, "if you flip switch A will light 2 turn on?"