• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

jdw006

ASTB Tomorrow

I'm finally taking my ASTB 10/07. First post, wanted to thank everyone for all the info. Studied the guide my recruiter gave me and ARCO. Can't thank you guys enough for that tid bit. I'll update with my scores tomorrow night if anyone cares. Hope to see y'all in the fleet!

BullGator

I'm finally taking my ASTB 10/07. First post, wanted to thank everyone for all the info. Studied the guide my recruiter gave me and ARCO. Can't thank you guys enough for that tid bit. I'll update with my scores tomorrow night if anyone cares. Hope to see y'all in the fleet!
Let us know how you did and GL.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
Good Luck guys. Be quick and accurate. Don't take too much time in the Math section. Almost everyone does. Cheers!

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
for some reason, i thought the reading section was the hardest

jdw006

5/5/4-55. Test Form 3. Not great but could have been worse. I was expecting a Biographical Inventory, there was none, but there was a Supplementary section at the end which gave me the most trouble. It was like the ANT section squared. Math, Verbal, and Apperception were cake. ANT was about what a figured, maybe a little harder, and like I said I was not ready at all for how technical the supplementary section was. What sucks is I scored well enough on the ASTB for front seat, but not NFO. My eye test at MEPS qualifies me for NFO, but not front seat. I got a Magic Eye book as was suggested on here and will be re-testing my vision soon.

nugget61

pilot
5/5/4-55. Test Form 3. Not great but could have been worse. I was expecting a Biographical Inventory, there was none, but there was a Supplementary section at the end which gave me the most trouble. It was like the ANT section squared. Math, Verbal, and Apperception were cake. ANT was about what a figured, maybe a little harder, and like I said I was not ready at all for how technical the supplementary section was. What sucks is I scored well enough on the ASTB for front seat, but not NFO. My eye test at MEPS qualifies me for NFO, but not front seat. I got a Magic Eye book as was suggested on here and will be re-testing my vision soon.

Good luck to you. What was it your vision failed on? Depth perception?

jdw006

Good luck to you. What was it your vision failed on? Depth perception?

How did you know?

ooooo
ooooo
ooooo

Which one appears to be closer or farther? I made it to 5/6 and failed there, was 20/20 near and far, good on color tests, but that depth perception was rough. I don't think it helped that it was the third to last thing I was tested for after a long morning at MEPS though.

nugget61

pilot
How did you know?

ooooo
ooooo
ooooo

Which one appears to be closer or farther? I made it to 5/6 and failed there, was 20/20 near and far, good on color tests, but that depth perception was rough. I don't think it helped that it was the third to last thing I was tested for after a long morning at MEPS though.

Im pretty sure that you can get the depth perception test done at your own eye doc and they'll accept that - search around some and you'll find people that have asked about it before.

jdw006

I've already got the form and going to WalMart I guess tomorrow. Seems to be about the cheapest around.

cram88

BDCP Supply
1,001 questions about the ASTB (ask your questions here!)

I've been studying the ARCO book, but do not quite understand the different parts of a ship or plane. Any links that point out basic parts and define their purpose? I'm a sophomore at UNF, hoping to get into BDCP. I have a 3.6 with a major in accounting. Anything will help at this point! Thanks

BullGator

I've been studying the ARCO book, but do not quite understand the different parts of a ship or plane. Any links that point out basic parts and define their purpose? I'm a sophomore at UNF, hoping to get into BDCP. I have a 3.6 with a major in accounting. Anything will help at this point! Thanks
There are links with pictures and definitions, but not really explanations; those are on AW. Have you searched for it on AW? With only one day to study, I would focus on just knowing those basic definitions that are also in the Marine gouge practice exam. Is there any particular part(s) that you want explained/its purpose; list them and we can help as much as possible?

cram88

BDCP Supply
I'm sure if I see the pictures with arrows pointing to certain parts with the name, I can google the explanations. Just something basic--ailerons, elevators, wing flaps, etc. Also, all the angles (attack, deflection, incidence) would be helpful. I'm just looking through the ARCO book right now stopping at questions that I did not get correct. Hand signals & how a headwind/tailwind effects takeoff and climb were also a little Also, parts of a ship (just a diagram) and the navigation lights. Thanks for your immediate response, too!